PK-6 & Ungraded
Mesa, AZ

Posted December 14, 2013
Just thought parents would like to know the zip code on this page is in correct it is 85209 not 85009. My daughter has been attending this school for this school year so far and they are really working with her and being very patience. Principal and teachers really are involved with my child learning.

Posted July 25, 2013
My son has been going to Superstition Springs for 3 years it is an excellent school they have reading programs & math program that help the students reach their goals & exceed them. The teachers & staff are wonderful & helpful. The principal is very active & involved in all school events. I love this school. My son has learned so much and is doing excellent in his studies.

Superstition Springs Elementary School 1

Posted July 09, 2013
This school will ot even allow you to see a classroom before sending your student there. If they don't let you see a classroom with a scheduled appointment, there is something wrong! They're hiding something! I sent my kids to Noah Webster instead. You can call and schedule a tour wheneve you want! They took us into several classrooms so we could see what the kids would be learning from K-6. They also took us into the different levels of each grade as they are ability grouped! Far better school and the same distance from our house :)

Superstition Springs Elementary School 4

Posted April 25, 2013
The school is a great school which teaches great foundation skills. There are diligent about testing for weakness adn strengths adn have TONS of programs to fit each childs special needs. I would agree that the level of homework and expectations are higher than other schools. Havign moved from another district into this school, I was taken aback at how much they expect out of thier children here, but that is not a bad thing. It is something that some children struggle with however. The Parent enveolvement is outstanding here, and the teachers are always available, sometime you have to reach out to them, but I have always found them helpful and friendly. The Kids LOVE the principle and talk about him all the time at home. If i had any complaints, it is the amount of homework and the amount of fundraisers this school does.. I would ratehr hand them over a $500 check every year than deal with all the cookie dough/wrapping paper/food/book etc... fundraisers they do.

Posted October 25, 2011
I loved going to this school, it was the best school i have ever been to. And also, here i met the girl of my dreams!

Superstition Springs Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2011
In my opinion, the quality of this school went down in the last two years. (I myself gave the rating of 5 stars some two years ago... when my child was in the 4th grade.) Over the time, I noticed that the overall AIMS scores of students tends to go down (especially in math) in higher grades. The reason might be that teachers themselves are not so comfortable with the pre-calculus math in the 5th and 6th grades. (Writing and reading are somewhat better, even though the corresponding scores went down too.) Here are the AIMS results for math in 2010: 3rd grade- 76%, 4th grade - 73%; 5th grade - 70%, 6th grade - 64%. This are TERRIBLE results even for the state of Arizona. However, let's not forget that Arizona is one of the weakest states in the nation in terms of education. I had to teach math to my child myself. It's fortunate that I can do that professionally. In order to insure the future success of your child, I strongly suggest every parent to address this problem one way or another.

Posted November 02, 2010
Our son has been attending this school since kindergarten and now is in the fifth grade. We could not be happier with a school! Great caring teachers and staff. They teach the kids the six pillars of character and homework is reasonable not overwhelming so that students can learn yet still enjoy being a child. We highly recommend this school!

Superstition Springs Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2009
I love this school! My son has been in attendance since 2nd grade; he is now in 5th grade. They have a great band program as well as great extracurricular activities. If the school is doing what needs to be done during the day, there is no need for excessive homework. Lots of homework does not make a great school... quite the opposite in my opinion.

Posted February 03, 2008
I do not know what that parent said on page 2 about the school being hard on kids. I went to this school 2 years ago and they where hard on eny children at all. This is a great school and they follow the six pillers of character,respect,honesty,citizinship,responsibility and trustworthy.

Posted September 01, 2007
My son is in the K-prep program and loves it. The teacher is fun and energetic. He is learning so much. He looks forward to going to school everyday.

Superstition Springs Elementary School
7125 E. Monterey Ave., Mesa, AZ  85009
Last modified Superstition Springs Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Superstition Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top