Mesa, AZ

Taylor Junior High School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
Taylor was just named an A+ school of excellence. I am a parent who assisted the committee. This is a difficult application and few win. Great school. Great programs and great vision. I highly recommend it. We left Gilbert schools to drive to Taylor and have never regretted it.

Taylor Junior High School 1

Posted April 12, 2014
Send you student any where else this school is not concerned with the well being of it's students. My son was "asked" to switch schools based on bad grades and he is not the only student that has been asked to do so. The principal cares more about the schools reputation then about the students.

Taylor Junior High School 4

Posted March 25, 2014
Taylor is what I had expected when I first had my field trip there in 6th grade. I finally became a "sevie" as the 8th grader in Taylor call it, and I was happy in my school. Though, the principal is very enthusiastic, she suspects perfection from the students; very irking and countless rules especially for dresscode. No green shoelaces? What? Other than that, Taylor is an average middle school with over 1,000 students (currently). But, this is coming from an Honors students, top of the chain line at Taylor, I have no interactions with the regular students here at Taylor, my classmates are mature, but I have no periods encountering the regular students. Therefor, I do not know about that side of Taylor. Overall, Taylor is a very comfortable and neat school, teachers respect me as an intelligent student; average teachers, nothing more. But, like any school, there's a group you fit in, it's not always everyone you get along with, don't suspect perfection from us, but there's no proof of me describing regular students. Honor students, you'll love.

Taylor Junior High School 1

Posted April 19, 2013
The school is ok but the security at the school is awful. It is a race issue. Which it should not be!

Posted March 01, 2013
My son has been at this school since the beginning of 7th grade and we are now 3/4 thru the year. I have been very involved with my son's academics and sports, checking the parent portal daily. 2 of the 7 teachers he has are incompetent. The coach for baseball was incompetent. I have not AT ALL been impressed with this school. Even attendance can't get their website program straight and has logged my son as tardy/absent more than twice and I have had to call to fix it. The 2 teachers are more concerned with their personal issues than getting a grade for a student correct. I'm considering taking my son out of the school, but I have no way to get him to another school as I am unable to drop him off or pick him up and have to rely on the bus to get him. I'm not sure the positives outweigh the negatives. Consider your options before enrolling your child in this Junior High.

Taylor Junior High School 3

Posted January 31, 2012
I totally agree with opinion that SOME of the teachers at Taylor are not the best. This is due to the fact that the new principal is a horrible principal. A principal can make a school great or ruin it, and she is ruining Taylor Jr. High. A good principal will be able to attract and keep good teachers. She has run off excellent teachers (and more excellent teachers are planning on leaving) because she is such a dictator and makes horrible decisions that are not best for students or teachers. Then when it is time to hire new teachers, the good teachers out there have heard all about her and don't want to work in those conditions. The District will not get rid of a principal unless parents get involved...even though your child is at this school for only 2 years, it is two very important years to building the foundation to your student being successful in high school. The principal at Taylor has made countless bad decisions and I am begging all parents to get involved and tell the Superintendent if you are unhappy about anything the principal is doing.

Posted January 05, 2012
I agree with the other posts however I want to discuss the lack of qualified teachers. Needless to say the school scrapes from the bottom of the barrel when it comes to hiring teachers, but they really hit bottom when they hired one particular teacher. For privacy reasons I will not disclose his full name, however I will use the initials A.R (though he goes by the nickname Gus". He is a teacher/coach and absolutely unqualified. If you google his name you will find blogs that he has written bad mouthing his previous school/district (Roosevelt). How this teacher has kept his job and certification is beyond me. The fact that he has written blogs about his previous administrators and coworkers is absurd. He even has written about previous students! He clearly does not have the students best interest in hand. If he is not investigated immediately I will pull my child form this school. Come on now! Here is a teacher writing blogs on the internet breaking privacy rules and acting like a child when he is supposed to be teaching our children! My child has also heard him openly talking about his ex-wife, their divorce, and incidents that took place at this previous schools.

Posted December 03, 2011
Leadership at this school is poor to say the least. Classes are way too big for a school that has full inclusion. Students with special educational needs deserve to have smaller class sizes. I know that some of these classes have as many as 39 students in them. That is not good enough for my kids. I am going elsewhere. When I visited the school the office staff was welcoming but the Principal seemed cold and somewhat unfriendly. The school overall has a very unwelcoming feeling, especially in the cafeteria area. There were many students who were dressed immodestly. It does not seem as there is a dress code there that is enforced. I don't want my kids dressing like that or associating with kids that do. If you are thinking about Taylor Jr. High, I would just keep on looking. It did not give me a good impression.

Taylor Junior High School 3

Posted August 19, 2011
This school is changing and starting to have a lot of problems. It was once a very good school. My child cannot learn in an enviorment a teacher can't teach. It's just the beginning of the school year and kids are making teachers leave the classroom because their frustrated and can't handle the class. Parents please teach your kids to be respectful and keep them from disrupting the class because they don't want to learn. It's not fair to those that do. I am seeing a lot of this within the district. We can't always blame the schools. It has a lot to do with parent involvement. Most of the disruptive kids parents aren't involved and we need to implement some rules for them to be held responsible.

Posted November 15, 2010
Will be transfering my Granddaughter to another school. Bullying, rude language, to many gang bangers at Taylor. Not a great enviroment to be trapped in...New Principal and Counselor not at all helpful.

Taylor Junior High School
705 S 32nd Street, Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified Taylor Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top