Mesa, AZ

Posted February 28, 2011
my kid is being attending this school since pre-k he is on 2nd grade now ;excellent academic programs besides the parent envolment programs and sports activities my son just loves the school and he has amazing grades that makes me really proud of him and thank the teachers for the effort and quality of teaching, here it is imposible not learn even parents like me are learning with their childs. Best school ever. totaly worth it 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!

Whitman Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2011
Most horrible school you can send your child to! I went there for 4th grade through 6th grade. Some of the teachers were nice, but thats not the point. The point is that the standards are horrible. When i went to jr. high i was a little far behind then most of the kids. When I told the teacher that I didn't understand, they just told me that I'll figure it out or "your not trying hard enough". I had horrible grades. I didn't think I would EVER pass in any of the class. The school I went to previously, had sooo much better standards and I understood soooo much more! I wished I could have stayed at my previous school. During the Band and Orchestra concerts, the principal has to be given flowers and told thank you and stuff like that. I didn't understand. What does she got to do with the Band and Orchestra. The principal is just completely a bad principal. I didn't like the standards with this school... they're not very good.. I never really got to learn cursive through the school. I would have learned if I NEVER went to the school.

Posted May 04, 2010
Best school to provide so much curriculmn & instruction not just to their students but to parents for parent involvemnt plus has brought back sports activities for students to be involved & get a good workout to stay in shape & control some of the obesity in the schools.

Posted June 09, 2009
I had my oldest son @ Whittman for K and then again for the beginning of 1st and his younger bro. for the beg of his K year...After having to switch schools due to family changes my kids continued to beg to go back to Whittman...After experiencing a school in a mid to upperclass economic area in comparison with whittman I believe the dedication and comittment to the students excells at whittman...My boys will be returning to whittman this school year...

Posted December 05, 2007
I was fortunate enough to be able to do some student teaching at this school. Mrs. Flores, a first grade teacher, is a fantastic teacher. Her students are achieve because of her dedication, commitment, and caring. The staff works well together and really are a team. The principal is supportive and has high standards for her school. The teachers and the students easily meet these high standards. A great place to send your child to school.

Posted August 17, 2005
I love sending my 3 children to this school. This school loves to have parents involve in all the activities and academics.

Posted July 15, 2005
Both of my children have attended Whitman and I am completely pleased with their academic progress. The teachers are excellent! The principal, Andrea Erickson, is awesome!

Whitman Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2005
Whitman Elementart School provides an excellent academic education with a diverse and supportive learning environment. The teachers and the principal are wonderful. The school believes in literacy and emphasizes daily reading intervention sessions. They support the children and believe education is important to the success of each child. We enjoy Whitman!

Whitman Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2005
Wonderful school! The principal and teachers really care and believe in education.

Posted June 04, 2003
At the current time I have two children attending Whitman School. They love going to Whitman and as a parent I am always informed about my children's progress. Whitman School encourages the parents to take active roles in their child's education. And most important I always feel welcomed at my children's schools.

1829 N Grand, Mesa, AZ  85201
Last modified Whitman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top