Mesa, AZ

Posted March 16, 2014
My daughter has been going to DMS since she was in kindergarden and the experience has been amazing. She is now in 7th grade. This school is like no other. You have to come see Dobson Montessori!

Posted March 04, 2011
This is SUCH a wonderful school and I am so proud to boast that my son goes here. Nothing beats a learning environment where you are surrounded by an orchard, a vegetable garden, and animals. The children are grouped in classrooms with 1st-3rd graders all in one room, 4th-6th in another and 7th-9th graders in their own room as well. This allows the children to learn from the older children and for the older ones to be able to mentor the younger ones. If you ever drop by you will notice how well behaved these kids are. Compare this school to the failing public school across the street and you will see a HUGE difference. The teachers here are incredible and really go out of their way for these kids with fun projects, monthly field trips and an in-depth study each month on various topics. I can't comment on this school enough. If your child isn't enrolled here, he/she is really missing out on an incredible opportunity to learn, grow and have a valuable education.

Posted July 22, 2010
I took a tour of Dobson Montessori today and the teachers were warm and friendly, the students were all actively engaged and seemed to be excited about learning, and the grounds were beautiful with flowers blooming and vegetables growing. My son enjoyed petting the goats. I can't wait for him to start in the fall.

Posted June 27, 2010
Hard working, dedicated teachers create a caring atmosphere in which terrific learning takes place. Innovative project-based activities, collaborative work, and great after-school activities add up to a great education for our child, who has attended since kindergarten.

Posted September 04, 2009
Truly dedicated to teaching and raising good caring citizens. Our son is an only child so the various opportunities found at a montessori to work with younger and older kids is a great fit.

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted May 06, 2009
My child attended the pre-school and will go to the kindergarten next year. The teachers and director worked tirelessly with my child and me to address our concerns and meet our individual needs. The staff works with parents and doesn't give up on kids. I feel my child is absolutely in the right place and is benfitting hugely from the instruction received here.

Dobson-Montessori School 0

Posted March 02, 2009
My daughter loves this school, she loves the hands on projects and the mix of ages in the classrooms. I am always able to talk to a teacher anytime, without an appointment. The campus is small and that gives the parents a chance to interact with all the teachers from all of the grades and the principal is always available to answer questions. Likewise, the younger students can also interact with the older students and the other teachers. The student teacher ratio is also great because the students are able to get individual attention. my daughter can't wait for school to start back up after a break.

Posted February 03, 2009
Dobson gives my son not only a solid academic basis but also skills and knowledge that a child needs to live better. My son was previously in a public school (one of the Kyrene elementary schools) and I was a volunteer parent teacher there. The public school was run very well and the teachers were hard working, but they seemed to have a lot of pressure to do well on the standardized tests. They didn t have time to care about actual learning or personal growth of a child. At Dobson, academic work is individualized and integrated into interesting projects that are done in the afternoons. My son is always excited to do his projects. The school has great elective classes, Spanish classes, good P.E., and a field trip every month. There are also a lot of events led by the older students in which they can learn to be responsible and how to work together with peers. Dobson gives my son good balance of academics and whole person education.

Dobson-Montessori School 1

Posted December 02, 2008
This school is a scam. They call themselves a Montessori school but the kids spend half the day sitting down at a desk doing monotonous math and written work, unable to participate in other activities such as show-and-tell until they were done. We were told they 'didn't teach to the test' but every night my children had homework from a book with the title 'Standardized Test Prep'. My children went to a TRUE Montessori school prior to this and they absolutely loved school and learning. Within a week at Dobson Montessori they were grumpy, irritable, bored, and declared that they hated school and hated learning. My children's individual needs were never addressed correctly. If you want a true Montessori experience for your child this is NOT the school for them.

Dobson-Montessori School
745 South Extension Road, Mesa, AZ  85210
Last modified Dobson-Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-9
Dobson-Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top