Mesa, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted January 02, 2014
My husband and I could not have asked for a better school for my kids to prepare them for life! My daughter started in the Toddler House at 2 and 1/2 and she is now 4 and doing amazing things for her age. She is very self-reliant and has a self-confidence that most adults do not have. These are skills that will last through-out her lifetime and we are very grateful to MIS for that! The teachers and staff are amazing and I have referred many people to the school and no one has been disappointed. Thanks to MIS for all they do for our kids!

Posted September 24, 2012
Excellent school. As a parent, I have experienced both the Primary and Elementary Programs. The education is top-notch! I had my oldest independently tested last year as a 2nd grader. My child's results exceeded 3rd grade standards in the local public schools. The teachers have always been available for any questions/concerns. My youngest is in K this year and I am amazed at level of knowledge after only a year at MIS. The school is active and there were many opportunities for us to become involved. As a previous reviewer mentioned, if you call the office someone may not answer the phone, but calls and emails are returned timely. Communication from the office is great. Calendars of events are handed out multiple times during the year and are also available on the website. Newsletters are emailed monthly which give details about special projects the children are working on and also remind us of upcoming events. Reminders are also posted on the dry erase boards next to the classrooms that are visible from our vehicles as we drop-off/pick-up. In addition, each child has a folder that we are responsible for checking which is just another way the office sends home information.

Posted September 24, 2012
Amazing, brilliant, compassionate, excelling, and caring are just few words to describe Montessori International School. I have two children at MIS and the experience has been life changing for my children. They are in 7th grade and first grade year. The program stimulates each child and develops a learning plan unique for each child to achieve or surpass their educational goals. There are plenty of activities put on by the school and the VIP moms. Parent involvement is always welcomed. The teachers and staff are wonderful, hard working and truly care about each and every student. MIS is the best gift a parent could give their child. I just wish they had a high school. Thank you MIS for everything you do for our kids!!

Montessori International School 3

Posted August 30, 2012
I don't know what has happened. This use to be a wonderful school with great teachers. Now it seems that there is a difference between the teachers and the quality of the education they get. The day care rates went up from a reasonable $5 an hour to a ridiculous $10 an hour! If your child needs to stay till 5:30PM you will have to pay $25! Now times that by two kids. It can add up. You use to get a person answering the phone when you called now you can't get an answer right away. If you ever observed the classrooms, there is a noticeable difference. One appears to have normal activity and the other one is eerily quieter. Only some kids get to move on to the elementary level early while others stay for longer periods at the primary level. One of my kids had a different teacher every year for the past 3 years. I love the premise of Montessori but I am not sure MIS has it together right now.

Montessori International School 3

Posted June 15, 2012
I pulled my child from the program. AMI Montessori is a gift for your child-so is the quality of the environment and for the cost I have expectations. The office staff is nearly always unavailable, there was NO parent-office contact about events or activities, calendar dates were continually changing, the outdoor environment is run -down, the staff is knowlegable-not punctual and I felt like I paid my tuition, brought snack when I was supposed to and that was it. Never an invitation to be involved in my child's experience. Unfortunate because this used to be a very solid program. I would not recommend it- keep looking, there are AMI programs where you as a parent can be involved out-side of the classroom.

Posted February 13, 2012
This school isthe best gift you can give your child. They will have a true love of learning. Not only will they excel in the class but in life. Everyone that is expsoed to a child from this school imediatle sees a difference. The staff is wonderful. I always feel that my daughter is safe and well taken care of. They take a real interest in in seeing the childer succeed

Posted April 06, 2011
This is a wonderful school. My daughter started in the Toddler House at 14 months. As a working mom, it is very tough to leave your youngest child with anyone for a full day. The toddler program is so amazing and I believe the best possible care option next to having my child with me. I recommend anyone needing great care for their toddler to see this school. My son started at MIS in the summer school before 1st grade. I am consistently impressed by the experience of the teachers, the level at which these kids learn academics and how to be good citizens. I give this school 5 stars for their experience, love for children, creativity and environment. I'm so glad I found this school for my kids!

Posted May 03, 2010
MIS excells at preparing children of all personalities and abilities to be succesful, both academically and personally. As the parent of three distinctly different children, they have all received the guidance needed to succeed. My oldest child would have been held back in school and additionally been forced to suffer painful emotional teasing is now a well-adjusted teenager who has been accepted into the International Baccalaurette program at Westhood. My youngest child needs and is getting very personal attention to overcome emotional self-control issues, while exhibiting excellent academic skills. He is another example of a child that would have been left behind that is now excelling. My middle child, while she would have excelled academically in either environment, is here surrounded with positive values that reinforce what is learned at home and at church. For those that don't feel comfortable home schooling, this is the best!

Montessori International School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
Difficult economic make for difficult personal decisions. In recent years, we have had to carefully consider and reevaluate our priorities as a family. The best 'investment' we keep making is towards our son's future through his education and development at MIS. Each day my husband and I drive an extra 50 miles just so our son can continue to attend school there. We pass many other good schools on the daily commute, yet we remain convinced that the best school for Matthew is MIS. We know that at MIS he is getting the education, direction, and self-confidence that he will need to become a successful and happy person, independent of us as his parents. The personal attention given to each of the students by their teachers in the elementary classroom allow the children to excel both academically and socially. Lessons are tailored to the individual needs of each child. Our son has not only made huge academic strides while at MIS, but has also learned the importance of expressing himself politely, with kindness and caring. At MIS, it truly is 'all about' helping the students.

Posted April 22, 2010
MIS encourages children to be independent individual and love learning.The students want to learn,my children want to go to school and do their home work! They are proud of their achievements. In MIS the children come first the principal knows all the children by name. My children are doing work 2 grades above their equivalent public school grades .(Especially in math.) But most of all it is a safe happy environment for children to grow and developed with in. Observe the school and see for yourself.

Montessori International School
1230 North Gilbert Road, Mesa, AZ  85203
Last modified Montessori International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori International School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top