Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2015
My daughter has been very lucky to have attended Self Development from kindergarden through eighth grade. I could not of ask for a better well rounded education and nurturing environment for her. Dr Majeed and the staff at Self Development are incredible and because of them my daughter will succeed in High School.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
I'm very fortune that my daughter had the opportunity to attend Self Development, kindergarten thru eighth grade. I could have not asked for a better environment and education to prepare her for high school. I don't know of another school that the principal, who is hands on in the classroom, makes sure that each child gets the best education possible. If you are wanting a school that has an outstanding education, nurturing environment, and incredible staff this is the school for your child.

Self Development Charter School 2

Posted May 27, 2015
The reviewer from April 26 is correct. The class sizes are very large (example 37 students to 1 teacher in lower grades) with no assistants. This is the first year they actually used email to parents but mainly only for school fundraisers AKA "Family Fun Night." Beware---this school is not free. $150 enrollment fee every year ($120 siblings). This is due when completing the enrollment form and it is Non-Refundable. They say it is for an activity fee but all clubs and violin lessons parents pay extra for. Don't know where this extra goes since there is only one field trip per year to an area museum. This school does a lot in marketing for themselves. Recommend checking out other charters and public schools where there is more focus on science and technology.

Posted May 21, 2015
Being a teacher at Self Development Academy for nine years has been an amazing experience. The opportunity to grow and develop as a teacher is greatly appreciated. Dr. Majeed is a strong and caring leader who supports her staff and cares for each student. Being apart of our 15 years of success has made me proud. The one aspect I learned about Self Development Academy is that student's learning takes precedence above all.

Posted May 21, 2015
I have been an employee of Self Development Academy (SDA) for over five years, and I am among the many staff members that return year after year. I truly enjoy arriving at work each day, primarily because of the family-like atmosphere at SDA. I am a part of a team; a team of wonderful people dedicated to enriching the lives of elementary and middle school children. I am proud to say that I am an employee of SDA.

Posted April 28, 2015
We have been lucky enough to be a family at this school for over ten years now. It has been exciting to see the school grow. This school has been amazing at utilizing multiple ways to communicate with parents this year. They send out emails to parents regarding upcoming events and there is a calendar on their website. They also have a Facebook page that posts events. If you go into the front office they have all flyers that were recently sent home available. Anytime I have been there during the school day I have seen the multiple resource teachers throughout the school working with small groups of children. That is the best part of this school, the principal and teachers treat each child as an individual and ensure they are given what they need to be successful.

Self Development Charter School 2

Posted April 26, 2015
There is an extreme lack of communication with the parents and the classes are too full.

Posted April 03, 2015
Self Development Academy is a great child-centered, accelerated charter school. My children have had the privilege to attend the school for over ten years now. They started at the preschool when they were a year old. The reason this school is one of best schools in the state is the guidance of the principal who personally sees to it that every student's needs are met and the dedication of the staff and teachers. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality education.

Posted January 09, 2015
Both of our children went through this school and had a wonderful experience. They are in high school now and of course are excelling in honors and AP classes there. My wife and I highly recommend the school to people all the time. The high standards they have for teachers and staff there is obvious because they are wonderful.

Posted July 22, 2014
There is a reason this school has been ranked the top school in Mesa and the #2 school in the entire state of Arizona! Our kids were advanced when they started here and this school challenged them enough to excel beyond their comfort zone and they love it! A+++ for the teachers and administrators at Self Development Charter School!

1709 N Greenfield, Mesa, AZ  85205
Last modified Self Development Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Self Development Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 137 reviews. Top