Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Posted April 28, 2015
We have been lucky enough to be a family at this school for over ten years now. It has been exciting to see the school grow. This school has been amazing at utilizing multiple ways to communicate with parents this year. They send out emails to parents regarding upcoming events and there is a calendar on their website. They also have a Facebook page that posts events. If you go into the front office they have all flyers that were recently sent home available. Anytime I have been there during the school day I have seen the multiple resource teachers throughout the school working with small groups of children. That is the best part of this school, the principal and teachers treat each child as an individual and ensure they are given what they need to be successful.

Self Development Charter School 2

Posted April 26, 2015
There is an extreme lack of communication with the parents and the classes are too full.

Posted April 03, 2015
Self Development Academy is a great child-centered, accelerated charter school. My children have had the privilege to attend the school for over ten years now. They started at the preschool when they were a year old. The reason this school is one of best schools in the state is the guidance of the principal who personally sees to it that every student's needs are met and the dedication of the staff and teachers. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality education.

Posted January 09, 2015
Both of our children went through this school and had a wonderful experience. They are in high school now and of course are excelling in honors and AP classes there. My wife and I highly recommend the school to people all the time. The high standards they have for teachers and staff there is obvious because they are wonderful.

Posted July 22, 2014
There is a reason this school has been ranked the top school in Mesa and the #2 school in the entire state of Arizona! Our kids were advanced when they started here and this school challenged them enough to excel beyond their comfort zone and they love it! A+++ for the teachers and administrators at Self Development Charter School!

Posted May 11, 2014
Self Development Charter School and Preschool are incredible schools that offer a top notch education. Both schools afforded me a stellar education for the thirteen years I attended. I am currently in my junior year of high school and receiving offers from schools such as Yale and Princeton as well as PAC-12 schools. I can attribute much of my success to the strong foundation I was given by SDCS in math, reading, writing, science and other enrichment courses. With the support of a great principal and caring teachers, I was able to achieve great success in and out of the classroom. At this time, I would like to thank Self Development schools for instilling valuable knowledge and helping me to be a life long learner.

Posted May 10, 2014
I would like to take the time to say what a wonderful experience my son has had with Ms. Rachel's enrichment. He is always excited to come home and share what she has gone over. She takes the time to make a connection with each of the students so they are engaged and learning. Thank you Ms. Rachel for adding excitement to his learning and making a personal connection with him!

Posted March 21, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Self Development Charter School was in the top 3 middle schools in Arizona. My daughter has been attending since Kindergarten and has been very fortunate to continue her education through middle school. My daughter is taking such courses as Algebra I, High School Literature, and has the opportunity to earn High School Credit next year for Biology and Chemistry. After I think about it I'm not surprised at all that this is one of the top schools in Arizona, with a principal that is so involved with her students and overseeing the progress of her students on a weekly basis. We are very blessed to have found Self Development Charter school for my daughters education. I don't think I can find another school with such caring staff and a principal who knows and cares for each and every student.

Posted March 07, 2014
I am so happy to have found a school that goes above and beyond to help their students in any way possible. My son has struggled at times and the school has gone out of their way to work with him and us to ensure he is successful. The principal has personally worked with my son and the other staff members to ensure he has a positive experience. The school is not focused on discipline. Self Development is focused on helping their students learn and be successful in all endeavors. Many schools say they are child centered, but I do not believe it would be possible to find a more child centered school than Self Development.

Posted January 08, 2014
We had my daughter in a well rated public school and they were not challenging her enough. We decided to move her to SDCS and WOW! There is no comparison! She is in love with school and really looks forward to every day. She has been there for over a year now and has excelled in all subjects! I can not say enough about how great the teachers at this school are. Mrs.Steiner is one of the most dedicated, kind, professional teachers I have met. She really challenges her students to work hard, be respectful, and to have fun! For anyone looking for a well rounded school that offers both a high academic standard as well a variety of extra curricular activities this is the one for you!

Self Development Charter School
1709 N Greenfield, Mesa, AZ  85205
Last modified Self Development Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Self Development Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 120 reviews. Top