Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have had so many wonderful teachers at the school. I have tried to stay in touch with them through email, and we normally get a response very quickly. Sometimes they even answer on the weekends or in the evenings. I have always felt welcome to.come.in and discuss any issues my kids have been having and feel the staff does a good job resolving problems, and finding solutions. As in anything, a positive attitude and open mind go a long way as a parent. I appreciate all these teachers and the time they put in to my child and thier education.

Amount of homework: Agree

It seems appropriate for each grade level and no busy work packets! Most homework is just work that wasn't completed in the classroom. Or practicing reading and math facts at home.

Develops character: Agree

The school does foster honesty, Integrity and fairness with its students, HOW EVER these are values that SHOULD be taught and expected in and out of the home. I do not expect my school or the teachers to teach my children values. That is a parent responsibility.

Boulder Creek is a great place for Parents and Kids. I have found if you treat people there with respect, you get the same right back. We have 4 children and 2 have graduated from Boulder Ctrrk El. And are now in Jr High and high school while 2 are currently attending Boulder Creek. The teachers there have had have been absolutely amazing. The teachers have always treated me and my family with the utmost professionalism. When we have called the teachers we have always received a call back within 24 hours, and my sons' teacher has even e-mailed us on the weekend. I think some people forget that teachers have a personal life, and 25+ other kids to deal with. They are not miracle workers OR babysitters. As a parent it is OUR responsibility to ensure our children are learning and to follow through with checking up on them and partnering with teachers. It's easy to complain and blame; it's harder to take responsibility.

I have had three children in this school and my experiences have ranged from ok to terrible. There are some really great teacher but some really awful ones too. The one my daughter has now is awful! Her behavior is unprofessional and she has made my daughter miserable. The principal doesn't provide any leadership and just talks down to you and backs up the teacher. Doesn't seem to care whether it is in the best interests of your child. If your child is perfectly normal you will be ok in this school but if not then you are in trouble. And your child will suffer.

My son has attended Boulder Creek for 2 years now. I have had SOOOOOO many problems. This year my son started off in one class and was transferred into another with out ANY consideration of his educational needs. I pleaded with the school to keep him in his class (due to the issues from the previous year) to no avail. Since then I have seen a steady drop in his academics and behavior. The class they transferred him into has all of the previous years "trouble makers" in it, in which we had him purposely separated from last year. He is picked on, spit at, pushed around and now he has began the same actions in retaliation. He has given up all interest in school as a result. The new teacher overwhelmed and has no control over the class. To make a long story short... I am horrified at this schools lack of organization and honestly feel they do not care about their students. I am transferring my child to a Charter school next year. Protect your children's education and do not send them to this school.

We love Boulder Creek! My daughter is in first grade and absolutely LOVES her teacher!! She loves everything about school and is so happy there. I would recommend Boulder Creek for sure! Yes, there is a lack of parent involvement, but that just means we all need to step up more, that is no reason not to attend this great school!

Terrible place! The teacher I am currently stuck with is completely incompetent. She calls home far too often to complain about issues that I have no control over. At first I was polite and did my best to be helpful, but it has gone too far. Finally I just stopped answering my phone, which only led to her calling at inappropriate times. Speaking with the principal is a joke. She is condescending and not at all helpful. If I wasn't legally obligated to send my child to school, s/he would no longer attend. I am not the only mother counting down the days until summer and thanking my lucky stars that next year my child will be at a different facility.

All three of my children attended Boulder Creek from kindergarten through sixth grade. They have excellent teachers that care about their students and make sure that every one of them feels important. The principal is approachable and always makes sure that she is fair. The upper grades now rotate subjects (4-6), which I love, as my child has received the extra attention and help that she needs to succeed. I would highly recommend this school to anyone! I am going to miss it when my youngest child is no longer a student at Boulder Creek.

I have always been impressed with the care that the Boulder Creek staff has for students and their families. The school, like most, suffered from the economic downturn. The characteristics of the neighborhood changed, and there seemed to be less parent involvement as more parents worked longer hours. Even during the harder times, Boulder Creek has done all that they can to meet the multitude of needs its diverse population calls for. I have a child in 2nd grade, 4th grade, and at the jr. and high schools. I have been incredibly impressed by every teacher my children have had at Boulder Creek. This year the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders rotate between teachers each day. I was a bit worried in the beginning; it seemed like too much to expect of my 9 year old, but she has risen to the challenge. She likes all four of the 4th grade teachers, and they all seem to be very knowledgeable in their subject area. It has been nice to be able to hear four different teachers' points of view on my daughter's progress. She has shown amazing growth in all of the subject areas, and her confidence has increased by leaps and bounds.

Last modified Boulder Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.