PK-6 & Ungraded
Mesa, AZ

Posted August 03, 2015
Don't let the "Gilbert" school fool you. They lost their A+ Excellence title last year and it doesn't surprise me a bit. Some families get special treatment as they are on the PTSO or have been there for years. It's really defeating and not a school that I feel comfortable keeping my child in. I have talked to neighbors in the past and should've taken it as a warning that they have moved their children out of Boulder Creek. One neighbor even drove 20 minutes one way to get their child into a better school. If you have the option, stay away!! Don't get a couple years in and learn the hard way after your child has developed relationships.

Posted April 15, 2015
My son has attended Boulder Creek for 2 years now. I have had SOOOOOO many problems. This year my son started off in one class and was transferred into another with out ANY consideration of his educational needs. I pleaded with the school to keep him in his class (due to the issues from the previous year) to no avail. Since then I have seen a steady drop in his academics and behavior. The class they transferred him into has all of the previous years "trouble makers" in it, in which we had him purposely separated from last year. He is picked on, spit at, pushed around and now he has began the same actions in retaliation. He has given up all interest in school as a result. The new teacher overwhelmed and has no control over the class. To make a long story short... I am horrified at this schools lack of organization and honestly feel they do not care about their students. I am transferring my child to a Charter school next year. Protect your children's education and do not send them to this school.

Posted January 17, 2015
We love Boulder Creek! My daughter is in first grade and absolutely LOVES her teacher!! She loves everything about school and is so happy there. I would recommend Boulder Creek for sure! Yes, there is a lack of parent involvement, but that just means we all need to step up more, that is no reason not to attend this great school!

Posted April 21, 2014
Terrible place! The teacher I am currently stuck with is completely incompetent. She calls home far too often to complain about issues that I have no control over. At first I was polite and did my best to be helpful, but it has gone too far. Finally I just stopped answering my phone, which only led to her calling at inappropriate times. Speaking with the principal is a joke. She is condescending and not at all helpful. If I wasn't legally obligated to send my child to school, s/he would no longer attend. I am not the only mother counting down the days until summer and thanking my lucky stars that next year my child will be at a different facility.

Posted April 11, 2014
All three of my children attended Boulder Creek from kindergarten through sixth grade. They have excellent teachers that care about their students and make sure that every one of them feels important. The principal is approachable and always makes sure that she is fair. The upper grades now rotate subjects (4-6), which I love, as my child has received the extra attention and help that she needs to succeed. I would highly recommend this school to anyone! I am going to miss it when my youngest child is no longer a student at Boulder Creek.

Posted April 11, 2014
I have always been impressed with the care that the Boulder Creek staff has for students and their families. The school, like most, suffered from the economic downturn. The characteristics of the neighborhood changed, and there seemed to be less parent involvement as more parents worked longer hours. Even during the harder times, Boulder Creek has done all that they can to meet the multitude of needs its diverse population calls for. I have a child in 2nd grade, 4th grade, and at the jr. and high schools. I have been incredibly impressed by every teacher my children have had at Boulder Creek. This year the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders rotate between teachers each day. I was a bit worried in the beginning; it seemed like too much to expect of my 9 year old, but she has risen to the challenge. She likes all four of the 4th grade teachers, and they all seem to be very knowledgeable in their subject area. It has been nice to be able to hear four different teachers' points of view on my daughter's progress. She has shown amazing growth in all of the subject areas, and her confidence has increased by leaps and bounds.

Boulder Creek Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2014
My son stared at Boulder Creek in first grade and had the best teachers, And always had the support of the office staff. But this year they changed this for the 4th grade and it has not been great, Some teachers don't want to help a child who wants extra work to understand the subject, And the lunch is a joke. They treat the kids like they are in the military, Somewhere they have forgotten the are kids. My son will not be going back for 5th grade, And a lot of parents are moving their kids to different schools . To schools where the teachers still love to teach. And the kids will learn.

Posted September 07, 2013
My son attends Boulder Creek Elementary in Phoenix, AZ and I am very pleased with their teaching and academics. He is learning how to read and write at such an accelerated rate and I am very satisfied with its results.

Boulder Creek Elementary School 2

Posted July 10, 2013
This school is a great school if your child has no problems but if your child does it can be hard for them academically, socially, and emotionally. It seems these children can get targeted by the teachers, students, and principle. Principle can be rude, intimidating to students,and unpleasant to parents. I feel some of the faculty lack the professionalism and patience to deal with children and their parents. I have known this school since it opened its doors and yes there is bullying that doesn't seem to be handled properly.

Posted April 26, 2013
This school has a few wonderful teachers. However, the rest of the faculty, including the principal, have no business caring for or teaching our children. Most of the teachers are clearly not suited in temperament for dealing with children and are outright rude to both children and parents. I receive phone calls over trivial things that they should easily be able to handle as adults, yet no accountability or communication over important issues. Anyone who has dealt with this school and has had a good experience has simply been completely lucky. I only have room for one example: At lunch, the kids form a line according to alphabetical order, always A-Z. Our last name is at the end of the alphabet. By the time my children get to the food it is mostly gone, and what remains are the smallest portions as the kids who come first are able to grab the biggest portions (who can blame them?). My kids come home with stomach aches. I suggested taking turns reversing the line which was not done. After speaking over the phone with me the principal said to my daughter, "The only way you are getting a different place in line is if you change your last name." Who speaks like that to a child?

Boulder Creek Elementary School
8045 E. Portobello Ave., Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Boulder Creek Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boulder Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top