Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 15, 2016
We have had so many wonderful teachers at the school. I have tried to stay in touch with them through email, and we normally get a response very quickly. Sometimes they even answer on the weekends or in the evenings. I have always felt welcome to.come.in and discuss any issues my kids have been having and feel the staff does a good job resolving problems, and finding solutions. As in anything, a positive attitude and open mind go a long way as a parent. I appreciate all these teachers and the time they put in to my child and thier education.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 15, 2016
It seems appropriate for each grade level and no busy work packets! Most homework is just work that wasn't completed in the classroom. Or practicing reading and math facts at home.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 15, 2016
My 5th grade son just tested into the ALP program and it has really challenged him in new and exciting ways. I love how the teachers try to meet all the different levels of the students. My 5th grader switches classes, and my kindergarten student works in small groups. The reading kids are challenged while others are still learning their letters. This is very appreciated.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 15, 2016
This schools motto is Respect Yourself, Respect Others and Respect Property. Respect is first learned and expected at home, but this school does a great job in modeling and teaching what respect means in school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 15, 2016
This school has many programs that foster empathy, compassion and caring. They do a school cleanup on the weekend with NEHS. Student council donates time and money to Adopt-a Family, and they make and supply gifts for an in school angel tree. This school has little tickets that students give to others when they act kindly towards others as well. They also use peer mediation, and the counselors are really good with helping the kids when they have conflicts understand eachother. Our expierence has been very positive over the years. This is something that starts at home though. It isn't a teachers or school job to teach empathy, caring, and compassion. This is a parents responsibility.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 15, 2016
The school does foster honesty, Integrity and fairness with its students, HOW EVER these are values that SHOULD be taught and expected in and out of the home. I do not expect my school or the teachers to teach my children values. That is a parent responsibility.

Boulder Creek Elementary School 5

Posted May 15, 2016
Boulder Creek is a great place for Parents and Kids. I have found if you treat people there with respect, you get the same right back. We have 4 children and 2 have graduated from Boulder Ctrrk El. And are now in Jr High and high school while 2 are currently attending Boulder Creek. The teachers there have had have been absolutely amazing. The teachers have always treated me and my family with the utmost professionalism. When we have called the teachers we have always received a call back within 24 hours, and my sons' teacher has even e-mailed us on the weekend. I think some people forget that teachers have a personal life, and 25+ other kids to deal with. They are not miracle workers OR babysitters. As a parent it is OUR responsibility to ensure our children are learning and to follow through with checking up on them and partnering with teachers. It's easy to complain and blame; it's harder to take responsibility.

Boulder Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2016
I have had three children in this school and my experiences have ranged from ok to terrible. There are some really great teacher but some really awful ones too. The one my daughter has now is awful! Her behavior is unprofessional and she has made my daughter miserable. The principal doesn't provide any leadership and just talks down to you and backs up the teacher. Doesn't seem to care whether it is in the best interests of your child. If your child is perfectly normal you will be ok in this school but if not then you are in trouble. And your child will suffer.

Boulder Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2015
My son has attended Boulder Creek for 2 years now. I have had SOOOOOO many problems. This year my son started off in one class and was transferred into another with out ANY consideration of his educational needs. I pleaded with the school to keep him in his class (due to the issues from the previous year) to no avail. Since then I have seen a steady drop in his academics and behavior. The class they transferred him into has all of the previous years "trouble makers" in it, in which we had him purposely separated from last year. He is picked on, spit at, pushed around and now he has began the same actions in retaliation. He has given up all interest in school as a result. The new teacher overwhelmed and has no control over the class. To make a long story short... I am horrified at this schools lack of organization and honestly feel they do not care about their students. I am transferring my child to a Charter school next year. Protect your children's education and do not send them to this school.

Boulder Creek Elementary School 5

Posted January 17, 2015
We love Boulder Creek! My daughter is in first grade and absolutely LOVES her teacher!! She loves everything about school and is so happy there. I would recommend Boulder Creek for sure! Yes, there is a lack of parent involvement, but that just means we all need to step up more, that is no reason not to attend this great school!

8045 East Portobello Ave, Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Boulder Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.