No rating

Christ the King School

Private | PK-8 | 225 students

We are best known for quality of education.

Living in Mesa

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $75,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted May 1, 2014

Worst experience in regards to education and ethics. An elementary teacher that lacks morals but preaches it.What can be worst than that?

Posted April 14, 2010

Great school - teachers who lead by example, and a principal with outstanding integrity, plus a strong sense of community.

Posted August 26, 2009

I have been a part of this wonderful community for many years. I have two children that have graduated & one still attending. Christ the King prepares these children well for high school. A staff member at one of the Catholic High Schools said to me last year ' the Christ the King graduates always do well here. They come well prepared'. I also was talking to a former CTK student who went on to Seton Catholic High & is now in college and said 'College is so easy for me, I was so prepared from my CTK & Seton years'. The principal at Christ the King is not only experienced, disciplined- he is like a father figure that is very generous with his heart and soul. We are very fortunate to have him and almost all of our current staff have attained their masters degrees in education!CTK is worth it!

Posted September 10, 2008

I am excited that this school has hired a principal with strong leadership skills and an extensive background in Catholic education. Several new teachers have really added to the energy this year, and the recent glowing accreditation review is bringing many families back to the school, along with new students from across the East Valley. This is truly the place to be!

Posted August 5, 2008

Fabulous school - great administration, caring teachers, supportive staff, strong community support! I would not dream of taking my children anywhere else!

Posted May 29, 2008

I was very disappointed in this school. The parents are caddy and the administration is not built on the children but on politics. My children now attend a Mesa public school and are excelling like never before. Save your hard earned money and go public, their test scores also exceed the national average.

Posted May 29, 2008

Christ the King is a great school and a wonderful parish. In considering this school, you should ask some of the 8th grade graduates about the education and experience they have received. My child just graduated from K and she is so excited about going to 1st grade that I am thinking, what child is excited about going to school. But then I think about the days that I dropped off or picked her up and the excitement of everyone that goes there. Like anything there are issues that need resolving, but with a new principal, the awesome staff, great kids and involved parents the school will continue to be a great school. CTK has been in Mesa for 50+ years and will be there for a long time to come.

Posted May 26, 2008

I have been a teacher at Christ the King School for many years. The students here receive an excellent education as a result of the very qualified teaching staff. Teachers learn about each student and they will work with the students so they can achieve their greatest potential-as long as the student is willing. Our students are more prepared than many others when they move into the high schools. Our students out perform many others in the diocese on their standardized tests. Our curriculum and materials are up to date, and we are proud of the technology available to enhance education for both the teachers and students. If you want your child to succeed academically and have a close community relationship in a faith-filled atmosphere, then CTK is the right place to send your child.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 23, 2008

This is a small school that not only embraces the children that attend, but the whole family. CTK has teachers that care and the school is built on community. The overall test scores for this school are above that of the diocese. Parents that are seeking a close community with strong academics - CTK would be a good fit.

Posted May 22, 2008

Christ the King Catholic School has offered our children an excellent education. Being on the campus, you can see and feel how deeply the staff care for the students. Walking into a classroom you feel the spark of excitement around learning. During the week, older children are building relationships with younger children. Above all, you see a committment to faith throughout the school. It is unfortunate that the recently departed principal lacked leadership and management skills which led to several program changes, nonetheless, with support from teachers, students are excelling academically. The test scores cannot lie. Go to our website to see how CTK students are out performing other students in the Diocese and across the Nation. I feel positive about the school community (yet, sorry for these few unhappy parents) and the direction the Parish is taking in assuring that we are creating a faith filled educational experience for our children.

Posted May 22, 2008

Our children are thriving at this school. The school is undergoing some staffing changes, but has just hired a 3rd grade teacher and 5th grade teacher both with excellent credentials. There is a lunch program in place ready to be launched, but awaiting for someone to run it. There is an art program and has been since our children have been here for the last 5 years. The school is currently interviewing for a p/t Spanish Teacher, a computer Teacher and a p/t nurse. We do have an interim Principal until a permanent one is identified. We have every confidence in our school and have no plans to leave.

Posted May 22, 2008

Christ the King is a fantastic school with high academic standards. Each year, the students score well above the national average on National Academic tests. The community is safe, nurturing and loving. If you want to belong to a close-knit community Christ the King is the school for you. There has been a change with some of the staff, which is difficult for some, but change brings new ideas and vitality. I am excited about the new staff and the experience they bring. I look forward to many more years at the East Valley's best school.

Posted May 22, 2008

My daughters both attented Christ the King. They were challenged and did very well in all subjects. They attended Xavier College Prep and found this to be an easy transition because they were so well prepared by their teachers at Christ the King. The school utilizes the Accelerated Reading and Accelerated Math programs to supplement their reading and math curriculum.

Posted May 22, 2008

As a graduate of this school, I was much better prepared for high school than kids that were coming from other Catholic High Schools locally. I am so thankful for all the teachers and staff at Christ the King that set me up to succeed well into the future!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 13, 2008

This is an excellent school, where all students get an excellent education and learn how to be great kids with a great faith filled educatoin.

Posted May 9, 2005

I am a student a Christ the King. It is a great school. I have been going here since kindergarden. They have the younger kids interact with the older kids. We go to Church every Thursday. Our school wins many awords. so do our teachers. It is a small school. I like it taht way. Everyone know everyone. I love it.
—Submitted by a student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 7:45am
School end time
  • 3:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (480) 844-4498

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Phoenix

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Seton Catholic