PK-6 & Ungraded
Mesa, AZ

Posted May 30, 2012
This year I will have my 3 sons all attending Brinton and I couldn't be more excited. Brinton is very family oriented and has a staff that is top notch. There is a reason their rating is so high. The teachers and principal are very involved with the parents. In fact, I could not ask for better communication between the school and the families. I am so proud to be a Brinton parent!!!

Brinton Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2011
My 4th grader has gone to Brinton since Kindergarten. As has my 2nd grader. A few marvelous educators include: Mrs. Kuhn, Mrs. Calise, Mrs. Hall, Mrs. Pena, MRS. BERENTER, MRS. MILLER and the P.E. teacher Mrs. Przeor (spelling). The Reading Under the Stars event was wonderful! We also loved the fall carnival...lots of fun activities, but pricey. We especially enjoyed the 10 year celebration and seeing previous principals was so great. As for Dr Estes we have had a couple instances where I disagree w her judgement on a situation, but she has invested a lot of her heart into making the school run smoother. And we only had one fundraiser....yay!!She must be running budget well. Thanks for that! And our PTO is amazing! Mrs. Kempton works so hard, thank you. We love Grandparents Gala, Donuts for Dad and Muffins for Mom. Brinton is special and shows it!

Posted June 19, 2011
I really loved Brinton. I had children in both Mrs. Calise, and Mrs Pena's classes (kindergarten). I found them to be not only excellent teachers, but kind, communicative, attentive to my childs needs, and invested in my childs success. I had great communication with the office staff, and felt they were very easy to talk to and very informative. One of our favorite events was the pirate themed reading event for the whole family. What a fun night! Even my 4 year old begged to go to school the next day! We also enjoyed the Fall Carnival they had. Our whole family attended and had a great time. The staff was amazing. And the PTO was very well supported. Having moved into the MESA school district from the east coast, I was nervous about full day kindergarten. I wasnt sure my children would be up to it. I will tell you having had both full and half day, my children excelled in the full day program. It was wonderful!! I've read comments about the homework, but disagree. The homework is accomplished in less than 15 min. Why cant a parent spend that kind of time to help/review with their child. And catch up on news directly from the teacher? Horray for Brinton's Kindergarten teachers!!!

Posted March 10, 2010
We had a few issues at the beginning of the year and weren't sure if this was the right school for our child. However, when we expressed our concern over certain things, the principal addressed and solved them immediately. Also, if your child will be attending kindergarten, I would highly recommmend that you request Mrs. Aguayo as their teacher. She is AMAZING! We love her!

Brinton Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2009
Brinton school rushes students through and push too much onto the parents. We send our children to them to learn. If I had wanted to home school them why would I send them to Brinton? They sent endless homework .... far too much. My children would do homework from the time they got home from school until nearly bed time. They often got frustrated and so did I. Then when the frustration becomes overwhelming they want to diagnose a learning disability.

Posted September 09, 2009
My son and daughter both attend Brinton, they are in the 1st and 3rd grade and have attended no other school. luckily, we were granted a boundary exception (despite the 20 minute drive). I love Brinton and so so they! Mrs. Costa, Mrs. Calise and Mrs. Hall have all been excellent!!! however, it was a HUGE mistake to let Mrs. Costa go this year!! My kids both had her, there is no better K teacher than her! Your staff is awesome. We are excited for the carnival coming up!

Brinton Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
This is the 2nd year my son is attending Brinton and I must say this year was against my will. The first year (Kindergarten) I was extremely disappointed in the administration due to various events that transpired. I realize that it was not the school that disappointed me but the teacher....this year is a very different story. Mrs. Calise is an outstanding 1st grade teacher and I couldn't be more pleased. She is very talented and intelligent. She really cares about the student and understands their learning capabilities. She is in tune with her students and that makes a world of difference. My son has made leaps & bounds in his academics because of her style, she firm but loving. Brinton is lucky to have such an amazing teacher on staff. Over all the school has definitely improved with the new administration in place, I'm very happy.

Posted January 22, 2009
The 08/09 school year is my childrens first at Brinton. We moved here from Wisconsin over the summer and were very worried about the kids education having had them in what we considered a very good school in WI. Those fears have been put to rest at Brinton. Mr's Elsworth and Mr's Green are wonderful teachers, and the school is well run. Both my children quickly profess Brinton as their favorite when asked to compare it to their WI school. In comparison, as a state WI has better schools then Arizona. I think you would be hard pressed to find a much better school then Brinton. We have seen a noticable difference in the increased difficulty in reading and math, but my kids enjoy school more now than ever and are performing better then they did in WI as well.

Posted October 15, 2008
Our two children have attended Brinton since kindergarten. We have had nothing but great experiences with Brinton. The Principal, the teachers and the entire staff have always been there if any questions have arrived. Our children are now in 3rd and 4th grades and are excelling in all areas. From speach class to orchestra the kids look forward to going each day and learning new things. Kudos to all the staff for all that you do for the entire student body.

Posted July 29, 2008
I absolutely loved Brinton. My child has special needs, the principal Susie Meade and the staff were great, always listened to my concerns to better his education. Unfortunately, we have moved and this school is not so good.

Brinton Elementary School
11455 E.Sunland Ave., Mesa, AZ  85208
Last modified Brinton Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brinton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top