Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted May 20, 2016
My friend and fellow Jr. High School mom for letting me vent about the awful experience we had at this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 20, 2016
For one teacher in particular in the Language Arts Department, worst teacher we have ever had between both our children. The other 8 teachers were not really all that special either.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 20, 2016
My child did homework from the time they got home from school until 11pm at night sometimes. They had homework every weekend, holiday and even up to the day before school let out.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
NOT AT ALL IN OUR EXPERIENCE. This staff is just coasting, they don't go above or beyond

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
How can you teach respect to someone else when you don't know the meaning yourself?

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
The teachers and administrators themselves don't have compassion, caring or empathy for their students, they certainly can teach it to others.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
I overheard my child's friend ask my child if they ever felt like their language arts teacher treated them more harsh then the rest of the class because that was the way this kid saw it. They could see how he treated my child unfairly compared to the rest of the class.

Desert Ridge Jr. High School 2

Posted May 20, 2016
Completely disappointed with the teachers and administrators at this school. I don't really even know what the purpose of a counselor at school is, we never once heard from them regarding our child's grades. Neither the teachers nor the administrators were concerned with her success. As a parent we can only do so much to help our children at some point the school needs to do there part too.

Desert Ridge Jr. High School 2

Posted August 02, 2015
My son received a mediocre education at best from this school. My daughters experience was better several years ago. The teachers are spending more time telling the kids how bad off the district is financially and that a tax levy must be passed, rather than actually teaching. I do not appreciate my son coming home from school with a stomach ache from worry about his teachers pay and insisting that I must vote to help his teachers. The kids do not deserve to be burdened with adult matters. My son will not be returning in August for this reason.

Desert Ridge Jr. High School 5

Posted April 29, 2015
I read these complaints about this school and I have to speak up. Do you know who complains about DRJHS? Parents of students who don't know how to behave! DRJHS has high expectations for their students. If you think that it is the teacher's fault that your kid can't behave, I say go find another school and see if they will put up with your kid. The large class sizes are bad enough without the teacher having to deal with juvenile delinquents on top of that. So if you have a problem with this school because they are hard on your kid, maybe try some discipline at home and quit sending your problems to this school!

10211 East Madero Ave, Mesa, AZ  85209
Last modified Desert Ridge Jr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.