K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Legacy Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2014
Great Staff and low staff turnover! Staff is positive and dedicated! Great in the Arts, especially performance and drama! For a small school, "You're A Good Man. Charlie Brown" in 2013 and "Annie" in 2014 were very well done! The school has been blessed by some great student talent!

Legacy Elementary School 5

Posted July 28, 2014
My son was in kindergarten last year, and I absolutely loved Mrs. Harmor! My son is reading so well and likes going to school. I have always found the staff members to be wonderful, very helpful, and feel welcome at the school. Next year they are going through a bus company so that it will be dependable every day. I am looking forward to another great year.

Posted February 04, 2014
My daughter is in her 4th year here, and I've seen it go downhill quickly. Programs have been cut drastically, and teachers have been laid off to the point that class sizes are as big or bigger than public school classes. At least once a week, I receive notification that there will not be bus transportation, and it's usually very last minute, like getting a call in the middle of the day when I'm at work to say that there's no bus to bring my daughter home. Administration does not seem to care. I've made multiple attempts to reach out to them, only to get placated by canned answers, and not see any real change. My daughter who is a straight A student has struggled with grades this year, because of the high teacher turnover and the lack of support to the kids. I'll be looking to place her in a new school after this year. If you are looking for quality education and staff that truly cares, this isn't the school for your family. They have a long way to go to get back to what they were 4 years ago, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them lose their charter.

Posted January 05, 2014
My 2 children were attending this school. They fired a lot of their teachers at the beginning of the year in order to be able to afford school supplies. All the remaining teachers still have catering lunches at least once a week. My son was being bullied constantly and the school did nothing about it. He was also struggling. He could not read a full sentence and couldn't write more than 15 words but the school still advanced him into the next grade. My daughter was having issues in her classroom. She came home one day and said a couple of the kids in her class were showing and touching their private parts in front of everyone. She told her teacher and all her teacher said was stop telling stories. We went to the principal and he said it would be handled that same day. So we sent her back to school and the issue was still happening. This is a absolute terrible school!!!

Posted January 05, 2014
This school is horrible!!! So many students are being pulled out and teachers leaving. What is wrong with this place?!? Also, I heard from another parent that they fired a bunch of people over Christmas break, not sure as to who but I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of changes. I'm thinking of pulling my child out but might see what the changes have to offer. Ugh, I just want a good education for my child!

Posted December 19, 2013
Legacy is a very bad school! They have no transportation half the time for bus riders, January there will no bus the rest of the year for my children. They don't take bullying seriously, my kids haven't had field trips for two years. Many parents are pulling their kids out and I am looking for a new school.

Posted September 13, 2013
As a concerned parent looking for answers here's what I found. The dance teacher, Mrs. Bronson was let go due to budget cuts as were almost half the teachers. Performing Arts instructor, Mrs. LeSueur, was almost let go by the new principal as well. He is indeed not sold on the performing arts at the school. The P. E. teacher quit and many remaining teachers are looking for other jobs! And this is the first of the year! There is also concern over a "splinter" group of students that came over from another school. For some reason they're being given sanctuary at the East Valley High School instead of following the rules of Legacy where they should be. This, I am told, is because a new ersatz performing arts director at EVH has been trying to put a performing group together and is now trying to rob Legacy of some performing students. The publicized smaller classrooms are now filled to the brim because there's a lack of teachers. The principal seems to have an agenda all his own. Either this mismanaged school will be reduced to nothing or they need better leadership - which would be very possible if one of the asst. principals were placed in charge. Very disfunctional school. Avoid it!

Legacy Elementary School 2

Posted September 12, 2013
I feel as if I was duped into my child attending this school. Their grade scores are rather low and the performing arts has been completely cut. I feel as if there is an underlying tension among the staff and I don't understand it. Everyone keeps leaving the school, teachers and students. I am unsure as a parent if everything is budget cuts or if something else is wrong. My daughter just told me that the PE teacher left as well. I am not sure as no one has told parents that the PE teacher left. This of course happens after the dance teacher left, or was let go, so much has happened I'm not sure. Now they have one recess and no real physical activities. I'm hoping things will get better but I feel what the school sold me on is gone and the principal really has no intention of bringing these things back. I think it is safe to say they are heading in the direction of a basic school which isn't bad, but don't let them sell you on those things I think public relations sees a performing arts school and the principal does not.

Legacy Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
A parent.. This is my kjds 3rd year..there are good nd bad for this svhool busse are a major issue. Class sizes nd teacher r great..uniforms r a little pricy but does save on that exspense for major school shopping..my children have geown so much since attending there.they give individual help to each student..my only complaint would be the bus system..which is forcing me to switch school.very sad..if it wasnt for the busses it would be perfect.

Legacy Elementary School 5

Posted August 05, 2013
This will be our daughter s second year attending Legacy Elementary. This school has been a God send to our family and I highly recommend considering enrolling your children into this school. This is why: The classrooms are generally not too big, less than 18-20 kids. The teachers are not overwhelmed and actually have time to get to know your child! Homework was reasonable, 30 minutes /night and at the end of the year, she exceeded the standards on her AIMS test. The performing arts teacher, Mrs. Leseur provides an environment of opportunity for girls and boys to sing, dance and act. My family cannot afford singing/acting lessons our 5th grader, but because of Legacy, she was able perform all throughout the school year. Her confidence soared, especially after leaving a nearby public school where she was bullied and ostracized for not living in the neighborhood the school was located in. Legacy is personable and warm. We are fortunate to live close to the school so we can ride bikes or walk. Nothing makes a parent feel better leaving their kids off at school than a teacher or faculty member greeting you and your kid by name. I adore Legacy Elementary! Go Lions!

Legacy Elementary School
7464 E. Main St., Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Legacy Elementary School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top