Public charter
Mesa, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted August 17, 2014
Sequoia Elementary is a school that truly cares about each child. Not just their academics, but what goes on in their lives. Most of the students that attend school here are on free lunch, and their parents are more concerned with putting a roof over their heads and food in their mouths. Many of the students have absolutely no help in the home with academics. Many parents can't speak English and we accept students all year who enroll that can't speak English. Aims scores may be lower than we'd like, but you should try to walk a mile in one of our students shoes.

Posted June 04, 2014
Sequoia elementary and the academic arts dose not satisfy me they dont give my child any work or projects to do the children waste their times not paying attention, and the bullying my child got the blame for fighting someone that was buylling her and they put my child on probation and called the cops for defending her self , i dont appreciate the school and its staff

Sequoia Charter Elementary School 2

Posted January 26, 2014
I would like to comment on the latest review of Sequoia Elementary. It really saddens me that the author felt he /she had to single out one administrator against the other. Ms. Fraiser is currently the Head of the Campus. Therefore, if that parent, staff member, or whomever commented is not satisfied with the overall leadership, why is the child and/or employee there??? Ms. Manogera has been principal for only a few months, I happen to disagree with the previous comments. I have had my kids their for 4 years and the only reason I kept them their was because of Ms. Fraiser. Since she has not been directly over just elementary it has a cold feeling. The office is unwelcoming and I always feel I am putting the current admin and staff"out"Staff always seemed stressed out, where as before they were happier. I do not want to move my kids mid year, but next year my kids will be leaving. Lastly, the previous review seems to be an inside job, how would a parent know that scores have improved during the short time Ms. Manogera has been there? Shame on who wrote the comment !

Posted October 21, 2013
We just moved from CA and enrolled at this school. We are happy and the kids seem to like it. The teachers are qualified and leadership is strong. The organization seems to have it together although there is always room for improvement. We appreciate how smooth the transition was for our family. Enrollment was easier than what we have experienced in the past in other states. The campus is in a good location and drop off/pick up is fast and convenient. The school seems to be a good competitor for local public ones and we prefer the structure of a charter school. We also like the location and hours because it fits into our work schedules.

Posted October 29, 2012
This school lacks discipline and direction for the students ground or online. A 21% graduation rate and hey check out the AIMS scores. The graduation rate is sure to go down when the AIMS has to be passed to graduate. It is not a school I would recommend on every level. Difficult to obtain information regarding my children even after years of attempting to correspond and discuss with the teachers my children's grades, progress, and important information. My children attend against my judgement.

Posted January 25, 2012
This is our second year at Sequoia Elementary and we have loved it. Last year they went above and beyond to help out my 2nd grader who need to be put in a special class for reading. This year I have a 2nd and 3rd grader there and they love their teachers and their teachers are very involved with the student and keep in touch with the parents. I will keep my kids at Sequoia.

Sequoia Charter Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2009
This is our first year at Sequoia Elmy. and so far not so great, my child was moved from kin. to first grade within the first two weeks of school in a class that is clearly over crowed (27 students and a part time teachers aid) with kids from 5 to 7 yrs. When I have spoken with my child's teacher she has made subtle comments about the classes being to full and how difficult it is to focus on any child's specific needs not to mention my child always complains that the teachers yell to much at the kids, and this I've seen may times. Needless to say we are transferring out of the school.

Posted May 29, 2009
There were a great many problems this last year beyond not keeping up with the 'sales pitch' given by the princpal at the beginning of the year. A lack of Homework, the nonexistent nursing staff, and the completely disorganized student pickup and drop-off lead to a very unproductive and unsafe year. Our child is definitely not returning next term.

Posted December 12, 2007

Sequoia Charter Elementary School 0

Posted October 01, 2007
I have had my children at Sequoia for two years now and am pleased. The staff have always been forth-coming in any problems that my children may have. I have always felt welcome on campus by students and staff. This year I have a child in kindergarten and she is enjoying her class. I know that there are other choices for schooling out there. Yet, I feel that smaller classes,smaller campus, and a strong ciriculum are the keys to a good school experience.

Sequoia Charter Elementary School
1460 S. Horne, Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified Sequoia Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoia Charter Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top