Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Posted November 23, 2014
Really glad we left ... my child attended for 5 years and we loved this school until the last year we were there. The last year was terrible and really ruined the whole Montessori experience for us. We probably should have left mid-year because of how bad it was. Poor classroom design, too many children, and a lot of inconsistency with a new teacher who really didn't act like any other Montessori teacher we had in the past. It was like they brought in a public school teacher. They also cut out the school performances that year. My child was miserable in that classroom. The teacher would also say one thing and do something different which lead to a lot of confusion. She also expected them to do more than a month's worth of homework over spring break. This was copied from workbooks at random without the instructions and much of it was content that had not been taught to the children. The whole year was frustrating in this manner.

Montessori Education Centre Charter School - North 4

Posted August 13, 2014
After attachment parenting and homeschooling so far so good!! Very cute little alternative school. The workers are all compassionate and caring people. I observed a pretty diverse group of children and families. My son LOVES it. I really appreciate the car line. You must understand this is a small school so parents need to pick up the slack and help out!!! Which you should be doing in any school. I read a complainant about the principle nursing her baby on campus at parent teacher conferences, this only made me love the school more. Fingers crossed i continue loving it.

Montessori Education Centre Charter School - North 4

Posted May 11, 2014
I am a parent and staff member. This school works so hard to provide authentic Montessori while meeting and exceeding state standards. This has included requiring a higher level of professionalism than before, and most are rising to the challenge. My children love music, art, and especially science, but they are certainly not falling behind in math or language. It has been wonderful to witness growth, not just in knowledge, but growth in independence, maturity, and emotional intelligence. Sure, there are parents who want to complain and espouse views that don't include all the facts, but those who really understand the scope and sequence of the Montessori curriculum and support that view at home are amazed at what can be done. Montessori is a three year commitment to a particular class. Parents who just want to try Montessori for one year, will not see the same amount of growth as those who start in the lower grades and keep the same teacher for three years. I am impressed with the effort that the teachers are putting into improving things. Let parents complain about teachers expecting more from students, Montessori suits my kids beautifully and I will stay through.

Posted March 27, 2014
My child has been with Montessori Education Centre now for 4 years and she loves it. We have loved her teachers and all the staff and I recommend this school to other parents!! Every time we walk in the front office we are welcomed by the front staff with a smile on their faces. I know my child is safe and supported when she is there for the day. We love the principal as she has been supportive in every aspect or concern I have ever had regarding my child's development. The teachers communicate well when there is any issue or concern as well as sharing any silly or great accomplishment achieved by my daughter. We love all the teachers as they all greet us when we arrive and leave campus. I would highly recommend this school to any parents looking for a great Montessori School!

Montessori Education Centre Charter School - North 2

Posted March 23, 2014
Parents are responsible for fundraising for computers, recess equipment, art supplies, etc. The list of supplies parents are responsible for is lengthy, yet this school pays for the Principal's on campus babysitter for her infant which she nurses during parent conferences. The upper level teachers were fired from previous jobs and offer very little direction to the students. The curriculum is not challenging. Student who left this school were very behind in their new schools. There is very little science or music. Some teachers are not certified.

Posted March 21, 2014
I am so glad we found this school. Montessori curriculum, wonderful staff, and a wonderful and committed directress who all seem to love their jobs, and our kids. My kids like school! I am really happy with my now 4th and 6th graders academic and social progress over the last 3 years that they have been at MEC. We could not be happier.

Posted February 26, 2014
My son was placed in a classroom with a new teacher. If he did not finish his work in time lost his recess. What kid would not get upset about repeatedly losing his recess so he throws a tantrum. Teachers idea of solving the problem CPS. Yes got reported to CPS! I asked the principle to remove my son from this class and it never happened. I use to love this school but unfortunately I HATE IT NOW! Oh and BTW CPS case was closed on 1 visit go figure....

Posted September 24, 2012
All I can say is run as fast as you can.... This school will destroy your child.. The damage this school will be with your child for life. Learn by other mistakes and make your choice wisely.. A teacher should never tell a child they will not help them learn when a child ask's for help with reading or math. Be sure to review the school's administrative reports with the ADE. RUN....

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted June 16, 2009
This school is a great school for my kids. I would recommend it to everyone that is looking for a true Montessori School. The office staff is so caring and helpful to the students and the parents.

Montessori Education Centre Charter School - North
815 N. Gilbert Rd., Mesa, AZ  85203
Last modified Montessori Education Centre Charter School - North is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Education Centre Charter School - North Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top