9-12 & Ungraded|Public district
2,489 students|Gilbert Unified District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Desert Ridge High School
Grateful to: Student

Posted December 03, 2015
I love how the students at DRHS accept and embrace students with special needs. I've witnessed students go out of their way to express unbelievable kindness towards kids that may have otherwise been shunned.

Posted March 26, 2014
The school itself is not bad but the freshman baseball is a joke. The coach has a kid on the team that plays every freaking inning of every game and never gets pulled out. The funny thing is, the kid is not even in the top 9 or10 players that should be starting. I really thought high school baseball was going to be better than club ball but after having to watch this every game I'm extremely disappointed so far. The current freshman team is made up with some really good ball players but the way this guy runs things its like little league all over again. Very frustrated and sick of watching my boy go down hill because of this coach.

Posted February 06, 2014
My son attended Desert Ridge for one semester and could no longer tolerate the racism, so we transferred him. He now attends a school that is more diverse and teachers are more involved and sincerely care about their students.

Posted November 11, 2013
This was a great school for my son who graduated in 2010 with honors. It is the only high school in the district that has an engineering track , and that was exactly the field that my son wanted to pursue. The instructors were always there encouraging and inspiring the students to pursue their dream. Administration was helpful and the sport coaches were very dedicated and inspired the students to achieve their best. I highly recommend this school!

Posted June 16, 2013
I have attended Desert Ridge for the past two years and have enjoyed every minute of it! I have received plenty of help from teachers (except for one) and in a lot of sports and clubs. This school is bully free with plenty of opportunities! Go jags!

Posted January 14, 2012
I am very happy with this school. I have a son that graduated in 2008, and another that is a senior this year and also a freshman. I have a gifted son, one with learning disability, and a typical student. This school worked hard to meet all of their needs. They have top rate teachers and the athletics programs are doing better every year. Mr. Coombs is a great principal and a strong leader. The same is true of Ms. Henry, Mr. Stroud, and Ms. Murphy. Great leadership team!

Desert Ridge High School 2

Posted January 13, 2012
FYI: this a bully friendly school. I am very disappointed how the administrative faculty handle bullying. In my experience so far, the teachers have been great, what a shame, I will make sure my other children do not attend this high school.

Posted May 25, 2011
Do NOT let your children attend this school. The teaching staff is never avalible! Your only choice is VM or email which you will not get a reply for over a week and by then any concerns you have are doubled. They supply zero extra help so if your student is unable to get the help they need in their 34 plus students in a classroom, tough. And going to the Admin is a joke, they pour "sorry's" on you and empty promises. And since the school shuts down by 3:30 your only choice is to take time of from work repeatedly to try and get a hold of anyone. So if you have any intrest in being a hands on parent find another school. It will be worth it for your students education.

Posted August 19, 2010
I am currently a senior at DRHS and i LOVE it. The school has worked with me all four years and ive never felt like "just a Number" .They Do make mistakes especially with scheduling but thats an easy fix...I didnt have a 5th hour and i dont need credit so they worked with me to find something that suited my future career. The Teachers are fabulous except a few and the staff is so friendly and caring !! GO JAGS!!!

Desert Ridge High School 4

Posted July 15, 2010
I went to Desert Ridge all four years of high school. I graduated in 2009 as Salutatorian and am currently attending MIT. That being said, I couldn't have made it to where I was today without the help of the teachers at DR. Overall I felt like the large majority of teachers were interested in the students learning and were willing to help out students with academic problems as long as the students were willing to help themselves as well. I can't say much on athletics cause I didn't join any teams, I did however join several clubs and became president of two. Clubs at DR still need more funding and attention from both the administration and the student body. DR is a good school with some of the best teachers you can ask for your child.

Desert Ridge High School
10045 E Madero Ave, Mesa, AZ  85209
Last modified Desert Ridge High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.