Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 22, 2016
Great Principal and teachers! Awesome learning environment, they make learning fun! I have never seen a school like this one!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 19, 2016
The teachers and principal are fantastic. There is a very positive climate at the school, and pure dedication to education for every student.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 19, 2016
My child receives enough homework to be engaged and meaningful, yet not overwhelming. My child is challenged, yet not frustrated.

Posted January 19, 2016
Zaharis is a wonderful community-oriented elementary school. The teachers and staff are very committed to education and delivering the very best to their students. My child is thriving at this school, and reading chapter books in first grade, and is making lots of progress. We are enjoying the school and all it has to offer!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted November 21, 2015
Teachers are not bad. Commication is poor and no way I am letting my continue school here

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 21, 2015
No one cares. My kids has been beat up and other kids fake injuries to avoid going to recess at this school. When older kids touched my son penis he said it wouldn't happen again and life goes on...

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 21, 2015
This school fosters bullies and does not take appropriate action. Kids learn that issues get swep under the rug and they can do what ever

Zaharis Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2015
Mr. Oliver is fantastic, too bad he is a temporary worker. My kids have been bullied and inappropriately touched by older kids. Another kids had a nasty cut and got stitches and I found by a very late night phone call by the parent's mother saying my child was involved. He has learned many swear words at this school and now hates school. Many other kids don't even do recess more

Posted October 01, 2014
We have had kids at Zaharis for 11 years now. What an amazing school! All the teachers and staff are excellent and the culture is so warm and inviting. We're so thankful we have had the opportunity to be a part of this school.

Posted April 28, 2014
We moved into the area from out of state, and with natural trepidation explored our options for our soon-to-be-newly minted Kindergartner, our son who is long on "bright & spirited," not so much on "focused attention." The school currently scores an 8 as compared with some neighboring schools scoring a 10; I suppose one has to wonder what that actually translates to for an individual child. All we can say is we can't be more thankful we ended up at Zaharis. Ms Pena, our son's kindergarten teacher, has been a perfect match, the parental involvement and school spirit is strong, and the principal Mr. Oliver makes a special note of of describing himself as "prince-a-pal," a fun twist but appropriate -- he allows his teachers the freedom to stack their walls with books cover side out (clever rain-gutter shelving), and inspires everyone in the age-old tradition of learning through reading. We feel lucky to have landed here.

9410 E. McKellips Road, Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Zaharis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.