K-6 & Ungraded
Mesa, AZ

Posted October 01, 2014
We have had kids at Zaharis for 11 years now. What an amazing school! All the teachers and staff are excellent and the culture is so warm and inviting. We're so thankful we have had the opportunity to be a part of this school.

Posted April 28, 2014
We moved into the area from out of state, and with natural trepidation explored our options for our soon-to-be-newly minted Kindergartner, our son who is long on "bright & spirited," not so much on "focused attention." The school currently scores an 8 as compared with some neighboring schools scoring a 10; I suppose one has to wonder what that actually translates to for an individual child. All we can say is we can't be more thankful we ended up at Zaharis. Ms Pena, our son's kindergarten teacher, has been a perfect match, the parental involvement and school spirit is strong, and the principal Mr. Oliver makes a special note of of describing himself as "prince-a-pal," a fun twist but appropriate -- he allows his teachers the freedom to stack their walls with books cover side out (clever rain-gutter shelving), and inspires everyone in the age-old tradition of learning through reading. We feel lucky to have landed here.

Posted December 13, 2013
This is the most amazing school. I have 6 kids and this school has been great for the first four that have gone so far. The teachers care so much and the principal is outstanding

Posted September 12, 2013
My daughter attends Zaharis and it has been the BEST experience we could have asked for in a school and teacher. Ms. Kuhlman is FABULOUS and we feel very blessed to go to such an amazing school! I have never heard of such an engaged, caring, active, public school... but it does exist at Zaharis!

Zaharis Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2013
I am a parent of 2 Zaharis students,this school is all about your status.if u make 1 comment about there rules (which they make up as they go) they will shun u From that day foward,the whole staff is a bunch of gossiping men and women.The principal has n knowledge of discipline to the children that need it.If your child has a problem in any subject there first stepped is to assume your child is special needs instead of the teachers working with your child...

Posted August 24, 2013
I know and have worked with the Principal Mr. Oliver in the past at another school. He is kind and has a great relationship with all of his staff, parents and children. I love that he has books in his office. I love the bed time stories..If I were to move back to Mesa I would definately have my children attend Zaharis.

Posted June 16, 2013
There is no better school out there! You seriously won't find any better! Everyone works together to create an environment unparallelled to anything you've every seen! You have to go see it to believe it!

Posted August 12, 2012
Zaharis is an outstanding school that teaches kids to think rather than just memorize. The principal is truly a role model that the kids look up to and love. He is creative, involved, and thinks outside the box, and therefore attracts that kind of teacher. The teachers are there because they love to teach kids and challenge them daily to be better learners, discovers, and people. Academic excellence these days is only measured by test scores, but they cannot measure the intangible skills of real life problem solving, critical thinking and so many other qualities that parents want their kids to learn and embrace. I am blessed that my kids have all attended Zaharis since it opened when my oldest started kindergarten. They have gotten the very best educational experience I could ask for.

Posted April 11, 2011
Great school! Really reaches outside the box to teach kids in different ways from the traditional school formats. No desks, make kids comfortable and they are more open to learn.

Posted November 28, 2010
Zaharis has an amazing principal who supports his staff and students every way he can. What a positive environment for kids!

Zaharis Elementary School
9410 E. McKellips Road, Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Zaharis Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zaharis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top