Posted June 07, 2015
So excited about Mrs. Aitkens being the new principal! Looking forward to the new school year!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 31, 2015
As it is with any school - some teachers are better than others, my daughter said the fourth grade teacher is leaving which makes me happy since she is rather mean. Or at least seems to always be unhappy for one reason or another.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 31, 2015
I believe in homework and my daughter enjoys doing it! I love the required reading!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
Yes my child is held to high standards not only from her teacher, but all teachers with regards to behavior, attitude and academics.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
Character traits are discussed every morning at their flag ceremony and children are recognized for whatever trait they are discussing for the month.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
When my child is excited and wants to go to school every morning I know they are doing something right!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
Their teacher and staff are dedicated to every student! They expect the best and strive for the best!

Learning Foundation - Stapley 4

Posted September 22, 2014
Actually my experience has been 5 star, but am always reluctant to rate anything as "perfect".... My granddaughter has been attending this school since 3rd grade when she moved to Mesa from Sierra Vista. It was a heart wrenching experience for my husband and I to have our only grandchild move away. To make matters worse (for me), I was a Principal's Secretary at the school she had attended since PreK and had "guided" her school experience since she was 3 years old! Losing "control" of her education was so hard for me. With my daughters permission, I contacted Mrs. Rucker even before the move was finalized and explained our unique situation. I can only say she has been WONDERFUL! Every little concern has been addressed and she has gone above and beyond to get my reluctant learner to school on bad days and has been helpful in many areas to my daughter as well. My granddaughter is another 5th grader, and although I have only met her teacher, I know my granddaughter seems to love her. I feel confident that her education is almost as important to the staff at Stapely as it is to me ") Thank you Mrs. Rucker for all you do! I know from experience what a tough job you have.

Posted September 21, 2014
I just read the last few comments about this school, and I can't agree more with the two parents who like the 5th grade teacher at this school! I have two children and other nieces and nephews at this school. While both of my children's teachers are wonderful, I can't be more pleased with my 5th grader's teacher. For the first time in history, I do not have to nag to get homework done, and she gets up every morning excited about going to school. I don't have to ask about what she did in school, because she tells me before I ask. I don't know where you found this teacher, but she is a gold mine! Cu-do's to Learning Foundations!

Posted August 27, 2014
After reading the negative review by a parent from the Stapley Campus, nothing could be further from the truth. My child has been there since kindergarten and is now in the fifth grade. The teachers are new, but the fifth grade teacher has many years of experience. In my opinion, I wished they went beyond sixth grade. Is there a possibility?

851 North Stapley Drive, Mesa, AZ  85203
Last modified Learning Foundation - Stapley is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Learning Foundation - Stapley Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top