No rating

Tempe Montessori School Ltd

Private | PK-1

Posted June 20, 2013

Although the campus is pretty and the intentions are good, our son did not do well in this setting (Pre-K/K). The unstructured approach was praised, yet deviations from a "set course" were not tolerated, and as such our son did not progress academically. In a more structured environment, he has thrived and is testing at 2 grade levels higher in math, reading, and comprehension. Minor bullying was tolerated (mostly verbal), and Frequent turnover and abrupt teacher departures suggest issues with administration, and we did not feel our concerns were adequately addressed. The school might do well for rule-following children, but does not handle children who go a bit against the grain well.

Posted February 4, 2013

TMS is the perfect school for PK-K. Our little one has been there for about 3 years and we couldn't be happier. During that time she has had Ms. Cindy and Ms. Smita who are both extremely talented, AMI certified, Montessori teachers. They have both been there for over 10 years and you can tell that they still love it. They offer a great aftercare program (until 6pm) and optional activities like piano, soccer, and golf. Also, you can't beat TMS's play yard. The kids love all the space and the animals that roam around (desert turtle, chickens).

Posted February 29, 2012

Our experience at TMS has been absolutely wonderful! We are so pleased with our child's teacher (Cindy Draper) that we honestly can't sing her praises enough. Not only is she a fantastic teacher, but she takes the time to teach us as parents- which as a first time parent, we find invaluable! The administration is always wonderfully responsive (phone, email, in person). If we weren't moving out of state, we would certainly stay as long as possible. We can only hope to find a school of this caliber near our new home.

Posted February 25, 2011

My daughter has spent this year with Miss Laura and Miss Eun and myself, my husband and my daughter all think Miss Laura is such a wonderful teacher. We have witnessed incredible developments in Lyla's character and abilities over this past school year and are in awe of the work the Miss Laura does with her. We recommend TMS and Miss Laura to everyone we know - particularly our friends who comment on the development of our daughter's gentler, focused and calmer disposition. I really credit so much of this to Miss Laura's work in the classroom with my daughter and her willingness to counsel my husband and I as parents from time to time. She has loaned me many books when I mention issues I am having with my daughter's development and they have all become mainstays of my library and parenting style. The Montessori method has changed the way my husband and I parent her and I just want to give credit where it is due and convey my enthusiasm not only for Miss Laura as a teacher, but for the entire Tempe Montessori program. We look forward to spending many years and sending more of our children through the program.

Posted February 23, 2010

Absolutely love the school. My daughter has been there for 3 years and I am impressed with the progress, with very little pressure, and a lot of indiviual attention. Kids have a lot of time to interact with each other. The staff is absolutely amazing, and the new head of school and the administration has definitely made a difference.

Posted February 23, 2010

Posted February 5, 2010

Both of our children attend this amazing school. From the wonderful teachers to the supportive staff our entire family is thrilled to send our children here. The school administrator is top-notch and the parent community is very involved to make the school even more successful than it already is. Our children will attend through elementary.

Posted February 1, 2010

We have been sending our infant son to TMS for about a year now. We are very happy with his progress!!! We will continue to send him there throughout elementary school. It is more than just a glorified daycare! Just read the reviews below and check them out. You will be sold!!!

Posted January 20, 2010

After watching my son struggle in Kindergarten in a Gilbert Public School, I went on a search for somewhere that he could get an education. I discovered this wonderful school. They were kind enough to allow me to observe a typical school day, and that made my mind up. Watching the teacher interact with all of the children, the children interact with each other, no one confined to a table working on a craft day after day - Well, my Kindergartner is demonstrating First Grader skills. More importantly, he went from a miserable 1/2-day Kindergartner to a happy little boy attending a full day of school who is only sad when he can't go to school.

Posted October 1, 2009

This school has far exceeded my expectations. My daughter is happy and learning more than other children going to day care or staying home. She is far advanced for her age and that is because she only learns at her pace and all of her work is self directed. She wants to go to school and learn more and more.

Posted September 30, 2009

The negative reference to the principal of the school is old news. There is a new Head of School who has the education, training, enthusiasm, and vision to bring Tempe Montessori School into a great future for children. Stop and visit TMS.

Posted September 30, 2009

More than anything else, we love the sense of community at the school. The facilities, teachers, and cirriculum also surpassed the dozen other Montessori schools we reserached prior to enrolling our 3 year old here. We would highly recommend TMS to any parent seeking a quality Montessori education for their children.

Posted June 26, 2009

If you don't have an opinion or concerns for your child, then this is the place for you. The school is run by a family and the owners don't take too kindly to those who question them. As long as you can ignore the administration the teaching staff is great and my child learned a lot in the time they were there.

Posted June 18, 2009

We really love this school. My son has really grown and has learned so much in his time there. This year our son will be starting his 3rd year at TMS and our daughter will be starting her 1st. The teachers are wonderful and we adore them! They are very caring and compassionate. Their approach to learning is different than a traditional school but it is one that works. I have often been amazed at some of the things they have taught him at an early age. He really enjoys it, too! The campus is beautiful and very serene. TMS has exceeded my expectations as a parent.

Posted March 24, 2009

Love the way the school is setup, trees, plants, play area, pond, petting area on the outside and the clean spacious class rooms on the inside. The teachers are loving and caring. Our child started there when she was 18 months old and is now in the primary program and her ability to adapt and learn new things sometimes amazes us. Overall an excellent school if you are looking for a montessori education for your child.

Posted April 3, 2008

Tempe Montessori School is an excellent experience for the child. Not only does it carry the AMI certification which follows Maria Montessori s methods, the teachers care about the children. They are well cared for and taught. Not only are they learning literature, mathematics, geography, natural and physical science- they are also learning grace and courtesy, caring for others and themselves. The self motivation the children show is phenomenal. Being a part of the Tempe Montessori community has been one of the best experiences of my life. I highly recommend this school and the true Montessori program to all parents who are looking to fulfill their child s natural need for learning and to fulfill their potential!

Posted March 9, 2008

Just visit Tempe Montessori to see the wonderful park-like setting and clean, orderly, and pleasant facilities. While some administrative changes have created some starts and stops- to be expected learning curves IMO- what makes this school golden is the committed, loving, well-educated teachers. This school was our first exposure to Montessori methods and we are delighted to see how this sophisticated pedagogy has supported our girls in developing confidence, excellent language and mathematic abilities and a real love of learning.

Posted February 7, 2008

My son has attended for 2 years and my other son will start in the fall. The environment is very unique, very safe, designed for the children with lots of room to play outdoors, with gardens and animals. Children are respected as individuals and participate in their own growth and development through completion of a variety of hands-on works that integrate all subjects at age appropriate levels. Children use courtesy and grace towards each other, learning exceptional social skills and individual responsibility. My son is 5 years old, but is able to learn at his own pace. He reads at a 2nd grade level, and studies botony, astronomy, biology, geography and other sciences within the course of a typical school day! This is an acredited Montessori program, it is well worth a visit to learn more. Good parent resources also. Watch your child transform and evolve in the most amazing person!

Posted May 15, 2007

The school has really gone downhill. We have had our child there for many years (primary and elementary) and not been happy this year. The quality and lack of attention to core areas are apparent. I strongly advise against the elementary program, but the primary program seems to still be good.

Posted July 15, 2005

My daughter attended the Tempe Montessori since age 22 months old until 6 years. It has been an excellent investment for her to attend the schhol. She is disciplined and excelled in everything she does. She liked being challenged and the individualized academic attention from the Montessori methodology was a perfect match. At the age of 6, she knows her multiplication table and does long division and already reads chapter books such as Narnia.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 40755