PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Although the campus is pretty and the intentions are good, our son did not do well in this setting (Pre-K/K). The unstructured approach was praised, yet deviations from a "set course" were not tolerated, and as such our son did not progress academically. In a more structured environment, he has thrived and is testing at 2 grade levels higher in math, reading, and comprehension. Minor bullying was tolerated (mostly verbal), and Frequent turnover and abrupt teacher departures suggest issues with administration, and we did not feel our concerns were adequately addressed. The school might do well for rule-following children, but does not handle children who go a bit against the grain well.

TMS is the perfect school for PK-K. Our little one has been there for about 3 years and we couldn't be happier. During that time she has had Ms. Cindy and Ms. Smita who are both extremely talented, AMI certified, Montessori teachers. They have both been there for over 10 years and you can tell that they still love it. They offer a great aftercare program (until 6pm) and optional activities like piano, soccer, and golf. Also, you can't beat TMS's play yard. The kids love all the space and the animals that roam around (desert turtle, chickens).

Our experience at TMS has been absolutely wonderful! We are so pleased with our child's teacher (Cindy Draper) that we honestly can't sing her praises enough. Not only is she a fantastic teacher, but she takes the time to teach us as parents- which as a first time parent, we find invaluable! The administration is always wonderfully responsive (phone, email, in person). If we weren't moving out of state, we would certainly stay as long as possible. We can only hope to find a school of this caliber near our new home.

My daughter has spent this year with Miss Laura and Miss Eun and myself, my husband and my daughter all think Miss Laura is such a wonderful teacher. We have witnessed incredible developments in Lyla's character and abilities over this past school year and are in awe of the work the Miss Laura does with her. We recommend TMS and Miss Laura to everyone we know - particularly our friends who comment on the development of our daughter's gentler, focused and calmer disposition. I really credit so much of this to Miss Laura's work in the classroom with my daughter and her willingness to counsel my husband and I as parents from time to time. She has loaned me many books when I mention issues I am having with my daughter's development and they have all become mainstays of my library and parenting style. The Montessori method has changed the way my husband and I parent her and I just want to give credit where it is due and convey my enthusiasm not only for Miss Laura as a teacher, but for the entire Tempe Montessori program. We look forward to spending many years and sending more of our children through the program.

Absolutely love the school. My daughter has been there for 3 years and I am impressed with the progress, with very little pressure, and a lot of indiviual attention. Kids have a lot of time to interact with each other. The staff is absolutely amazing, and the new head of school and the administration has definitely made a difference.

Both of our children attend this amazing school. From the wonderful teachers to the supportive staff our entire family is thrilled to send our children here. The school administrator is top-notch and the parent community is very involved to make the school even more successful than it already is. Our children will attend through elementary.

We have been sending our infant son to TMS for about a year now. We are very happy with his progress!!! We will continue to send him there throughout elementary school. It is more than just a glorified daycare! Just read the reviews below and check them out. You will be sold!!!

After watching my son struggle in Kindergarten in a Gilbert Public School, I went on a search for somewhere that he could get an education. I discovered this wonderful school. They were kind enough to allow me to observe a typical school day, and that made my mind up. Watching the teacher interact with all of the children, the children interact with each other, no one confined to a table working on a craft day after day - Well, my Kindergartner is demonstrating First Grader skills. More importantly, he went from a miserable 1/2-day Kindergartner to a happy little boy attending a full day of school who is only sad when he can't go to school.

This school has far exceeded my expectations. My daughter is happy and learning more than other children going to day care or staying home. She is far advanced for her age and that is because she only learns at her pace and all of her work is self directed. She wants to go to school and learn more and more.

Last modified Tempe Montessori School Ltd is a Private school that serves grades PK-1