Imagine East Mesa Elementary School

Charter | PK-6 | 750 students

Living in Mesa

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $88,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted July 1, 2013

Imagine East Mesa is an excellent school! All of the teachers and staff on campus teach the students character education and with the Leader in Me program we are truly growing leaders on our campus. Our school now offers Band and Choir in middle school and we have winning sports teams. Our Elementary Honor Society is going to do great things for our community. We are a school that is passionate about helping those in need and making our community stronger. Our Preschool program is unbelievable and our Before and After care program is professionally run and the kids love it! I have worked here for several years now and I never see myself working for any other school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 20, 2013

This was my childs first year there. The management was so bad that it effected the students ability to learn. Teachers were coming and going like a revolving door. The bullying by many of the student body were not handled effectively and were never stopped.

Posted February 20, 2013

My children have attended Imagine East Mesa for the last 3 years starting in Pre-K. The Pre-K program was so awesome! My son was reading before he entered kindergarten. Now, just a few years later he is reading chapter books in his first grade class. My daughter just started this year in pre-k and loves learning sight words and addition and subtraction at her level. I love the family feel at Imagine. I would reccommend this school to any family.

Posted February 13, 2013

We entered our son into the prek program this year at this school and are thrilled with the progress we've seen! Previous to this year we had our son in a prek program at another school and he was miserable. He was crying every day and was clinging to us. His previous program had many teachers in and out of the room throughout the day and none of them took the time to make a connection with my son. At Imagine East Mesa there is one teacher in the prek room and her face lights up every time my son and every other student walks into the room! It is very obvious that she loves her job and the students she teaches. My son has completely come out of his shell and is no longer shy in social situations. We are surprised every day by how much he is learning at this school. The teacher even has prek conferences to show us all of the amazing work he is doing in class and show us actual data and information about what he has learned! We are so happy that we decided to switch our son to this school and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an amazing prek program with a teacher who truly cares for the students in her class!

Posted February 12, 2013

2 years ago I would have given this school a five star rating.....over the past couple years though, the quality of leadership is lacking. 3 years and 3 principals, multiple turnover in teachers every year and throughout the year. A lot of behavior issues in classrooms and there is nothing done about these students. I chose this school for the "push" in learning. It was there, but the school has now become more worried about the numbers and not the students. These students are taking away learning time from the other students. Unfortunately, for a couple of the great teachers there, the front office is lacking in leadership and responsibility towards the staff and students and creating an odd stress throughout the school. If you value your child's education I suggest you ask the school, how long has there staff been there. I have found that to be very important.....there is no communication between grade levels and no consistency for the students due to high turnover!!!!! We will not be returning to this school next year!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 26, 2012

We have been at this school for 5 years now and continue to love it here. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because there seems to be something going on that is causing teachers some stress, and many of them have left, and we have been through 4 principals in 5 years. That said, the first principal was promoted, the second principal was promoted, the third principal which neither my husband nor I ever felt very confident in (he just seemed immature) vanished with 3 weeks left of school, and the fourth principal is now the second principal returned, and we love to see her back. But in giving a school a grade, one cannot overlook that kind of frequent transition of leadership. Both our children who attend here are doing very well academically and there seems to be great concern about achieving grade level expectations, so I am surprised to see the latest test scores so low. We feel confident sending our children to school here everyday, and they feel confident attending every day. Its awesome to send happy children to school and get happy children back.

Posted March 22, 2012

As a 2nd year parent - My children love this school and continue to excel in all areas.Both continue to make the A Honor Roll list and continually are challenged by their teachers. I also love that the school offers Imagination Station classes to help our children excel even more. They were not getting any of this attention from the public school we attended.

Posted February 28, 2011

Adjusting the learning programs to fit the child helps both gifted and challenged students. My child loves to school and continues to excel in all areas.

Posted October 17, 2010

Most of the teachers are great. The bussing setup is the worst I've ever seen. My 9 yr old gets on the bus at 6:30 am and arrives back at home at 4:55 pm every day. Every year it is mass confusion about the bus schedules or if your child will still be able to ride the bus.

Posted April 26, 2010

Why do you love Imagine Charter Elementary School at East Mesa?the entre staff always shows caring and compassion to each and every student at this school. they make it a wonderful environment for learning.

Posted February 11, 2010

Everyone school member knows my son's name. Teachers are excellent. A well run school.

Posted February 8, 2010

My son is in Kindergarten and he loves going to school here. All of the teachers know his name, the communication is terrific, and the before and after school program is awesome.

Posted December 22, 2009

I have all three of my kids going here. They went to Brinton Elementary last year. I won't blast them here or anything, but let me just say that my 4th grader (Mrs. Eastwood's class) now likes school like he used to and his grades are getting so much better, My first grader (Mrs. Cassidy's class) was almost held back in kindergarten last year at Brinton but we fought to get him into 1st grade, they accepted him here and his teacher is doing a wonderful job with him. He is going to make the honor roll this quarter. My kindergartner (Mrs Chance's class, yes she's also good, lol) has a speech problem and is working with the speech teacher, she is making awesome progress. I am going to keep them all here until they go to high school. Quality place with an awesome staff!!

Posted November 18, 2009

This is an amazing school with only highly qualified teachers. They don't put up with any discpline children who come over from the public schools, as many do. The staff and leadership are outstanding. Imagine are up on the technology with students and the time. I highly recommend.

Posted November 11, 2009

My daughter attends Kindergarten at Imagine Charter School East Mesa. The pre-K program was excellent and I felt that it more than prepared my daughter for Kindergarten this year. The staff seem friendly, attentive, and I notice that they all seem to know my daughter's name. This makes me feel as if my child is not 'lost in the shuffle' so to speak, and that the staff takes an interest in each child. I also agree with one of the posts I read here...Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Mohler, is the best!

Posted November 2, 2009

Five stars, all the way. Every one in this school knows my kids name. He is in kindergarten! All of them! Parents are involved in every thing & Mrs. Mohler is the best, we love her.

Posted July 6, 2009

My child won't be going back to this school. There is a lot of turn over and many behavioral problems. You can't request the teacher for the next year, who knows if they'd even be there. My child has gone for two years and both years they were brand new teachers with no experience. The school doesn't supply much for these teachers. We were bombarded with requests for supplies all the time. My son didn't get any homework for the first three months because the teacher didn't know what was going on. I'm frustrated and tired of what the school promises and doesn't fulfill. They promise you the world and give you a substandard education. I was way better off at my neighborhood school.

Posted June 10, 2009

My oldest son has been going to this school since pre-k.. He is now going into the first grade. I really like the staff they are very friendly and helpfull. Teachers are just amazing.

Posted November 6, 2008

This is my kids 4th year at this school. What can I say I guess, they are giving what I am expecting. All of my kids have an excellent grades because of our participation in their homeworks and school. Those misbehaved kids? It's their parents fault. The comments I've seen there's a lot of rude drivers in the parking lot? For sure their kids are the the rudest kids in the school, what they see in their parents they copied. So for all of you who are not returning in this school, I hope you will get a peace of mind and you can go to all schools that you want but still other problems will exist. We don't need whiners we need good actions and that starts in our home.

Posted September 17, 2008

We sent our oldest to kindergarten EMCS for his first year and have been very happy with his teacher and the school in general so far. They encourage the kids to succeed as a group as well as working with each child's individual needs. This makes for a overall happier school setting as it seems the older kids tend to look out for the younger kids. Mrs.Mohler is a fantastic teacher and I hope she will stay with it another 5 years so my younger two can have her as well since they love her already!

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 55%N/A47%
Female 51%N/A49%
Male 49%N/A51%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Robotics/Technology specialist(s)

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 4 years old

• Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • Access to sports fields
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

Media arts

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom