Posted May 15, 2015
I have 2 children attending here in kindergarten and first grade, and I have enrolled my youngest in the pre-k program about which we are very excited. Both of our children love attending here. The completed school work they bring home is excellent, and I take the time to review it and am very satisfied. I can tell they are being challenged academically in an environment that promotes integrity and character. The homework is great also as it reinforces concepts taught in class and has taught them responsibility to complete work "on their own." My children look forward to completing their homework, and I get opportunities to help them as well. My wife and I are very impressed with the leadership and support staff as well. I am also impressed by the great attitude of teamwork that the teachers and staff share. It is very evident that everyone at the school works together to get the job done, and they do it very well in my opinion. I am hoping that Imagine East Mesa will be able to expand and continue to provide the level of education that my children have already received. Thank you Imagine East Mesa for partnering with us to raise and educate our children.

Posted March 26, 2015
My child has had a unique experience at East Mesa. She attended our Pre K program here and had an opportunity to really excel in all aspects of her development. Mrs. G. is an amazing role model and leader for the littlest ones at East Mesa. She took my child to new levels while she was in her class. By the end of her year in Pre K, she was reading, doing basic math, and loved to learn. When she went to Kindergarten, we wanted her to attend her neighborhood school to meet friends and go to a "public" school. This was by far the worst decision of our lives. It was a waste of a year and my daughter was so frustrated with school, she never wanted to go back. We decided to send our daughter back to Imagine East Mesa for 1st grade. She is back to her old self. As soon as school started, we saw a change in her. She was excited to come to school, she wanted to complete her homework, and had friends. Her teacher, Ms. Porter, is amazing. My daughter comes home everyday telling me something new. She now loves school and can't wait to get there. Thank you to Ms. Porter, Mrs. G and all of the teachers and staff that make my daughter feel welcome.

Imagine East Mesa Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2015
I feel the lunch at school is very poor for the price parents pay! Portion are extremely small and the student is limited to items can have. Some days the cafeteria runs out of hot items and substitutes cold items! Children need a nutritious hot lunch that fills them up to be at there best. A review of lunches serves and portion size need to be review to not only the child is getting enough to care them through the day but parents are getting there monies worth. What are they doing using lunch monies for things other then cafeteria1

Posted December 16, 2014
My child attends this school and I have never had any issues until today. Unfortunately, his lunch balance had fallen behind and I was unaware that the issue had not been taken care of. Instead of the school lunch lady, Michelle, calling me herself to let me know, she denied my child a hot lunch for MULTIPLE days. How is this fair to a young child who has no control of the situation, but is hungry? If she would have called, this would have been taken care of and my child could have ate the same things his friends were eating, instead of only being allowed to have a salad. I do not think this is fair to kids, I also think in the future the communication needs to be better...
5 people found this helpful

Posted November 24, 2014
I am so thankful for the amazing staff at Imagine East Mesa. Everyone from the classroom teachers, specials teachers, interventionists, aides, admin, everyone makes you feel special, valued, and welcomed. This is a wonderful school with high academic rigor without losing the family feel.

Posted August 13, 2014
Something is fishy about this place. They always charge for everything. While doing some research I discovered that its parent company has been kicked out of a few states so far due to fraud. when they do get a great teacher they leave, sometimes in the middle of the school year. The homework they have here is a joke as well. If your kids stay here be sure to have them attend only Imagine schools because they will probably be a few grades behind in a real school. They talk about leadership and values but what its really about is making money. I also searched the net for all the supposed awards they are always winning and those awards are offered by the company who owns Imagine East Mesa.

Posted August 09, 2014
Great school, but the only problem and reason why my daughter gotten switch to a different school is that when they started the cheer club with coach Heather, it was free, she justed charged for shorts and shirt. But now, school its admitting the new coach run her whole business in the school. First it started with a lower montly fee, but over the years, the fee has been increasing higher and higher. Even the registration fee has increased. It's hard for alot of families to afford the prices. Main point, my daughter just started junior high, great school and were there is no montly fee for her cheerleading hobby... I hope school understands my point.

Posted July 25, 2014
My son is starting his 3rd year (kindergarten through now 2nd grade) and we are very excited about the coming school year. The teachers are well trained in identifing the education needs of each individual student and really helped us to develope a balanced home/school schedule that directly impacted his grades and performance. My husband is a parent volunteer in class and appreciates how fluid the educators are in adapting to new testing requirements. Overall, I would highly recommend Imagine East Mesa. My thanks to the faculty and staff there for all their dedication and hard work educating the youth of our community and continuing to establish teast school results that are at or above state testing levels. Keep moving forward!

Posted June 23, 2014
My son Is going on his 4th year at IEM. We had our struggles in the beginning with a teacher & administration staff turn over, but we are beyond happy with the education my son is getting!! Ms Porter in 1st grade is an amazing teacher and has great new ideas & so happy my son had her for 1st grade!! She really changed his thoughts on school & he is so excited to go! This year, my son had Mrs VanLonkHuyzen..... Mrs Van is incredible!! I was able to help out in the class room, so glad I was able to watch her interaction with the kiddos, she truly loves the kiddos and works her hardest to help each child out individually!! After all the changes with the administration, I'm so happy with who they have & the group is awesome!! There will always be turn over at schools, every school has their issues and people think the grass is greener on the other side but you will eventually be back.

Posted May 14, 2014
This school has been a joke over the last year my son has attended, talk about being left behind. There shouldn't a reason why all of his class work is being done incorrectly and not even noticed by teacher. No one stopping him to make sure to explain or make sure he is understands the work. He will now be repeating Kindergarten at a better school.

Imagine East Mesa Elementary School
9701 E. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ  85209
Last modified Imagine East Mesa Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine East Mesa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 76 reviews. Top