Public charter
Mesa, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted December 16, 2014
My child attends this school and I have never had any issues until today. Unfortunately, his lunch balance had fallen behind and I was unaware that the issue had not been taken care of. Instead of the school lunch lady, Michelle, calling me herself to let me know, she denied my child a hot lunch for MULTIPLE days. How is this fair to a young child who has no control of the situation, but is hungry? If she would have called, this would have been taken care of and my child could have ate the same things his friends were eating, instead of only being allowed to have a salad. I do not think this is fair to kids, I also think in the future the communication needs to be better...

Posted November 24, 2014
I am so thankful for the amazing staff at Imagine East Mesa. Everyone from the classroom teachers, specials teachers, interventionists, aides, admin, everyone makes you feel special, valued, and welcomed. This is a wonderful school with high academic rigor without losing the family feel.

Posted August 13, 2014
Something is fishy about this place. They always charge for everything. While doing some research I discovered that its parent company has been kicked out of a few states so far due to fraud. when they do get a great teacher they leave, sometimes in the middle of the school year. The homework they have here is a joke as well. If your kids stay here be sure to have them attend only Imagine schools because they will probably be a few grades behind in a real school. They talk about leadership and values but what its really about is making money. I also searched the net for all the supposed awards they are always winning and those awards are offered by the company who owns Imagine East Mesa.

Posted August 09, 2014
Great school, but the only problem and reason why my daughter gotten switch to a different school is that when they started the cheer club with coach Heather, it was free, she justed charged for shorts and shirt. But now, school its admitting the new coach run her whole business in the school. First it started with a lower montly fee, but over the years, the fee has been increasing higher and higher. Even the registration fee has increased. It's hard for alot of families to afford the prices. Main point, my daughter just started junior high, great school and were there is no montly fee for her cheerleading hobby... I hope school understands my point.

Posted July 25, 2014
My son is starting his 3rd year (kindergarten through now 2nd grade) and we are very excited about the coming school year. The teachers are well trained in identifing the education needs of each individual student and really helped us to develope a balanced home/school schedule that directly impacted his grades and performance. My husband is a parent volunteer in class and appreciates how fluid the educators are in adapting to new testing requirements. Overall, I would highly recommend Imagine East Mesa. My thanks to the faculty and staff there for all their dedication and hard work educating the youth of our community and continuing to establish teast school results that are at or above state testing levels. Keep moving forward!

Posted June 23, 2014
My son Is going on his 4th year at IEM. We had our struggles in the beginning with a teacher & administration staff turn over, but we are beyond happy with the education my son is getting!! Ms Porter in 1st grade is an amazing teacher and has great new ideas & so happy my son had her for 1st grade!! She really changed his thoughts on school & he is so excited to go! This year, my son had Mrs VanLonkHuyzen..... Mrs Van is incredible!! I was able to help out in the class room, so glad I was able to watch her interaction with the kiddos, she truly loves the kiddos and works her hardest to help each child out individually!! After all the changes with the administration, I'm so happy with who they have & the group is awesome!! There will always be turn over at schools, every school has their issues and people think the grass is greener on the other side but you will eventually be back.

Posted May 14, 2014
This school has been a joke over the last year my son has attended, talk about being left behind. There shouldn't a reason why all of his class work is being done incorrectly and not even noticed by teacher. No one stopping him to make sure to explain or make sure he is understands the work. He will now be repeating Kindergarten at a better school.

Posted April 06, 2014
I think the fact that teachers are posting is a positive thing. I have been at this school for 8 years. There isn't any other place that I would rather be working. The fact that the teachers love the school is an added bonus for our students. I truly believe if a person is happy where they work, they are blessed! I love how I feel valued as an individual and can feel comfortable and free to add my own personality and passions into my daily routines. This allows our students to have many types of experiences they may not have in a public school. My animals create leadership roles and the development of responsibility and respect. Many of the teachers go above and beyond the planning and teaching in their own classrooms. We've provided meals for the community and work hard to make sure that our students' basic needs are met. Teachers tutor after school, during breaks and early morning. Through a few major transitions we've come out strong and better than ever! I am proud to be a part of the Imagine East Mesa family and enjoy watching the students develop and grow into the leaders of the future! Going to work with such amazing kids is truly a joy!

Posted April 04, 2014
Imagine East Mesa is a great school and a great place to work. Coming from a public school IEM is a breath of fresh air. The teachers, leadership team, instructional aides and office staff are incredible. We are a family who work together to meet the needs off all students. People who post negative reviews are simple minded and don't know what's best for kids. I am confident in saying IEM is a GREAT school. Come see for yourself if you don't believe me.

Posted April 04, 2014
Imagine East Mesa is a great place to work with amazing leadership. I have been a teacher there for the last two years and have loved every minute of it, especially in comparison to other schools I have worked at. I am feel very supported and everyone on staff comes together to support children however they need it! IEM is a great place to be!! Go Roadrunners!!!

Imagine East Mesa Elementary School
9701 E. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ  85209
Last modified Imagine East Mesa Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine East Mesa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top