Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Meridian has been a great school for my family. I'm impressed with what I see in the classrooms and the clubs they offer students. I have seen many other schools in the past and none compare to Meridian.

We LOVE this school, Mrs. Willems and Mr. Leaper have being nothing but amazing. Our child had a few behavior issues at the beginning of the year and these two really helped us with the situation, I truly believe that they have our child's best interest at heart. I would recommend this school in a heart beat!!! If you are looking for an awesome Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Willems is just amazing!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Willems is so kind and loving towards her students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

It is not too much but just enough to help the children learn the responsibility of homework.

This school has a vision for our students to learn and succeed! Teachers work to bring out the best in each child! Love the clubs!!

I absolutely love the teachers and staff at Meridian Elementary! They are providing my children a first class education and giving them opportunities to step up and be leaders in the school and community. It is great seeing the 7 Habits become such an important part of their days!

Waiting all year to see improvement, but nothing. Plus, So Unorganized in parent pick up loop! More like a zoo! Most Teacher and principle have a don't care attitude, parents "walk" to the car loop gate where they shouldn't, cars don't move and block the lane and cause traffic, two cars pass each other in one lane, an accident to happen. Just disorderly!!! Cafeteria missing few ceiling blocks and some are almost out of alignment waiting to fall in some kid's head. The outside water fountain for kids it's disgusting. It had green slime around the faucet head and water doesn't drain so the water sits in there. Just so disgusting to look at. I hope this new principle start showing more effort to fix these issues. Waiting and waiting and nothing.

The new Principal is extraordinary. He is very professional and the new teachers at the school take such an interest in the students. It is refreshing to see such renewed enthusiasm.

So upset with the front office staff and their lack of customer service. We are paying their wages and we often feel harassed by them as if our kids are less than. Very clickish....

Our family has had an AWFUL experience at Meridian Elem. We have 2 children here- 3rd grade special education and the "gifted" 1st grade program. The SPED (Autism specific) program is severely lacking and has EXTREMELY limited support to the teacher. I came for a scheduled "volunteer" day in the SPED room to find my child alone in the corner holding adult scissors. The "gifted" 1st grade program consists of "extra worksheets" and homework. There's very limited advanced learning in the actual classroom-it's a "mixed" level classroom and time is spent getting other students up to grade level. The principal (12/2013) is a very frigid unfeeling woman worried about the bottom line before the safety or learning of the students. I've never seen a smile or a kind word from her. We moved from the Midwest with high expectations from the ratings. DO NOT BE FOOLED. Test scores only take you so far. Class size is HIGH, support is LOW. There are some great teachers, but they are hard to find. I am sure they move elsewhere due to lack of support and encouragement from the principal. I urge you to research Charter schools and exhaust all options before purposely choosing this school.

Last modified Meridian is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.