Mesa, AZ

Posted September 17, 2014
The new Principal is extraordinary. He is very professional and the new teachers at the school take such an interest in the students. It is refreshing to see such renewed enthusiasm.

Posted February 07, 2014
So upset with the front office staff and their lack of customer service. We are paying their wages and we often feel harassed by them as if our kids are less than. Very clickish....

Posted December 10, 2013
Our family has had an AWFUL experience at Meridian Elem. We have 2 children here- 3rd grade special education and the "gifted" 1st grade program. The SPED (Autism specific) program is severely lacking and has EXTREMELY limited support to the teacher. I came for a scheduled "volunteer" day in the SPED room to find my child alone in the corner holding adult scissors. The "gifted" 1st grade program consists of "extra worksheets" and homework. There's very limited advanced learning in the actual classroom-it's a "mixed" level classroom and time is spent getting other students up to grade level. The principal (12/2013) is a very frigid unfeeling woman worried about the bottom line before the safety or learning of the students. I've never seen a smile or a kind word from her. We moved from the Midwest with high expectations from the ratings. DO NOT BE FOOLED. Test scores only take you so far. Class size is HIGH, support is LOW. There are some great teachers, but they are hard to find. I am sure they move elsewhere due to lack of support and encouragement from the principal. I urge you to research Charter schools and exhaust all options before purposely choosing this school.

Meridian 4

Posted October 23, 2013
My daughter is in her second year at Meridian. I've had no complaints other than pick up takes quite a long time in the car loop but I imagine that to be the norm. My daughter has really liked both her teachers. Ms Singer and Mrs. Prach are both great. They are dedicated to teaching not only the curriculum, but discipline with positive reinforcement and working as a group. Great school. I don't like how students are released at a different time on Wednesdays but still happy overall.

Posted May 10, 2013
Meridian Elementary has been a wonderful school experience for my third grader. We have had a positive experience in all area's of his education thus far. The Teacher's and staff have been a real asset for this school. The Principal -Mrs Hester is TOP NOTCH. The PTSO does a TERRIFIC JOB in providing the major purchases the school wants and needs. Job well done Meridian Elementary. Sincerely, Barbara Porter

Meridian 2

Posted February 27, 2012
I wish front office staffs were nicer and welcoming to kids and parents. Principle seems nice, little stiff at times. I don t feel welcome whenever I am there helping in class. I believe they can be more polite and respectful. After all we are the taxpayers too and public school is our right and they need to stop looking at kids and parents as burden and please someof the staff may want to stop complaining about how hard their job is, many of us don t even have a job at this time.

Posted October 24, 2011
I LOVE the principal and all the staff I know here!!! My daughter has an exceptional Kindergarten teacher who is both caring/positive and teaches my daughter exceptionally well! Would recommend school to all!!

Posted October 03, 2011
I agree with the writer parent sept 20 . At first I was happy about the school and the teachers, but as the month s passes, I am less impressed. It seems most teachers and staffs are not happy with their job, most seem unapproachable. They seem to be uptight therefore enforce harsh policies and give Write Ups for some nonsense incidents! The children need positive instruction and teaching, not punishment and write-ups. I believe in counseling and encouragement not harsh penalties, especially these super young kids. Negative reaction by teachers and principle will not help them but positive reinforcement will. How about giving them positive smiley notes for their good act? Not sure if my children will finish out this year at this school. They are not "what I consider excellent or even good school for my kids.

Posted September 20, 2011
Not very happy with my kid teacher or principle. They have few policies that are not logical for young kiddos.

Posted May 12, 2011
I have a son in kindergarten and another son in second grade. My second grader is in an IEP program and is receiving excellent attention which is showing in his grades. We are very happy with the teachers & staff.

Meridian
3900 S. Mountain Road, Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Meridian is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meridian Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top