Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Alta Mesa

Charter | K-12

Living in Mesa

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $95,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted May 26, 2012

I was fortunate to be involved in the Learning Foundation Alta Mesa Accreditation by Advanced and North Central Association. The caring teachers and principal give 150% to this wonderful school. One of the NCA team members said it is the best he has seen. The entire staff and the principal have a cohesiveness and work ethic that is hard found in the schools I have known. All the parents and students that were involved in the meetings I attended are very pleased that they and their children are a part of this school. Thank you principal and staff.

Posted May 25, 2012

Worst school ever. It would not be that bad if it weren't for the shrewdness and ignorance of the principal. The owners of the school obiously have their favorites and allow this woman to get away with anything. The best teachers have left due to the principal and the only reason why this school is still standing is because of the new people that sign up that have no idea what they are getting into. PLEASE refrain from signing up for this school!

Posted April 10, 2012

My niece and nephew LOVE THIS SCHOOL. They have attended there since it opened about 6 years ago.The teachers and Principal are very dedicated and caring. Their mom loves the small safe environment and we enjoying watching the kids in the school performances. The kids love the great choices of electives to choose from, especially ceramics. We have so many beautiful pieces of art they have created. We highly recommend this school to everyone!

Posted April 10, 2012

I love this school! I've gone here for many many years since I was in grade school. Everyone is so friendly here! I just love this school not only did we learn but we also had fun and great times! Even the school in the woods trip was such a great time the principal even came and we all had a great time! I just love it here!

Posted April 10, 2012

LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! We relocated to Mesa last summer and I researched private school in-depth. My son was enrolled in the Public School system and was lost in the crowd. This school has not only been the best place for my son academically but also socially. He now has the self esteem and confidence to hold his head high!!! The staff is very professional and friendly, they have the ability to teach, mentor and guide the students to succeed. I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 5, 2012

I love this school!!!! My childrens teachers are awesome. They go way and above what a public teacher would do. They stay after school and before school has long has it takes. They are always there. They give up what they are doing to teach these kids. The staff there is very helpful also. They are always nice and polite ever time I walk through the door!!!! The prinicpal is always willing to help and is very on top of issue also!!! I would recomend this school to anyone!!!!!!

Posted April 4, 2012

We love this school. We switched from a public school 2 years ago, and chose to go the charter school route and we couldn't have picked a better place for our kids. They love their teachers, and classmates. Our kids seem to be doing much better now that they are happy. There AIMS scores have improved significantly and they just seem to be thriving on the whole environment. Thank you Alta Mesa!

Posted April 3, 2012

I thought this schol would offer small classes, close community atmosphere, and a great place for my kids to excel. It doesnt. The teachers are lazy. Lessons plans and papers from the internet are being sused. The kids raise their hands to go to the bathroom. No more lining up and going as a class. I bet a lot of kids hold off potting. The kids are in and out of the doors unattended or escorted. Its a strip mall! The lunches are over priced, but who cares. No one makes sure they eat anyway. They have "Reading program" i painted on the doors.

Posted April 2, 2012

Wow, I'm really surprised by some of the reviews. I brought my children here from a top rated school district. I wanted smaller class sizes, where they could get more one on one attention. I love the "family" feel, that nearly everyone knows my children by name, and will take a moment to check in and let me know where they're succeeding, or where they may be struggling. The staff couldn't be more helpful if they tried. The teachers are top notch. Oh and guess what? My children absolutely thrive in the smaller environment, where they're more than just another body filling a chair - they're actual people.

Posted August 27, 2011

I am a new teacher at LFPA Alta Mesa. There is very strong leadership and teacher collaboration. The teachers are very committed to their students, and it shows through not only in the classrooms, but also in the staff meetings. The teachers discuss better ways to help struggling students and have even spent their own time creating a "student lounge" for the older students to have a more welcoming atmosphere. I am very pleased to join the LFPA Alta Mesa teaching staff!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 20, 2011

My kids have gone to this school for three years and love the teachers and the principal. I was shocked to read a couple of the ratings, but I guess you can't please everyone. My oldest even left and went tried public school at the start of ninth grade and didn't like it as much so he ended up going back. So seeing both sides my kids get much more attention and one on one help. The teachers always e-mail me right away to keep me informed and although my kids have never been in trouble and I don't know the principal on a personal level she is always very nice and I always see the kids running up to her and excited to see her at the end of the day when I pick up my kids. I love this school.

Posted August 19, 2011

I was told my children could take the bus no matter where we lived, but when it came to school time; "ohh we are full, sorry about that". 8:10 rolls around and there are 2 vans sitting out front of the school. Maybe my kids could ride in those vans? Very misleading, will look for a new school next year

Posted June 19, 2011

There is a very bad learning environment at this school. The teachers are great, but are not allowed to teach to their best abilities. Students are not all treated the same, and there is a very bad spirit amont the teachers due to an over bearing principal. I would not recommend any one send their children there. They will not get a good education.

Posted November 12, 2010

I am very impressed with this school, I have seen them take my barley passing child and turn them around in just a few short months, where a 10 school had not.

Posted September 12, 2010

I LOVE this school! Ratings aren't everything because I transferred my son here from a school rated 10/10. This school is small enough that they really get to know the students and parents. The students' best interest and education are the priorities at Learning foundation. My son went from hating school to excited to learn. I am so appreciative for this school and their staff!!!! Thank you for doing such a great job!

Posted July 28, 2009

I love this school. My oldest started last year when we lived just down the street-but now we moved further away, but the school is amazing that we are keeping the kids enrolled!

Posted August 5, 2008

My child had been in a public school for 1st & 2nd grade, he was unable to comprehend basic literature. ! year at LFPA & his Aims tests were remarkable! He is going to stay as long as we live in the area.

Posted June 4, 2008

I have two children attending LFPA. I have never seen them so excited and motivated about school. Many kids in this school have had a hard time with public school and come to LFPA and really shine.

Posted May 29, 2008

I have two kid's that have attended this school since they opened. I am very impressed! Both of my children have grown and learned so much, their grades have gone way up and the staff are awesome! They have performances quite often, and we haven't missed a single one. I am so proud of my children, and this school! Way to go Alta Mesa!

Posted May 12, 2008

I have been working at LFPA for the past two years. I love working there. It is the first school I have worked for that really cares about their students best interest. Education is very important to them. They are always willing to provide me with the necessary tools to educate my students to the best of my abilities. I am also impressed in how much I have seen students improve and become successful since coming to our school. It gets an A+ rating from me!!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

19 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

19 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Source: 2 NCES, 2011-2012

Fax number
  • (480) 834-6210

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5761 E. Brown Rd.