Adams Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted August 12, 2014

this is school is terrible ,My son was going to this school and got transferred to a different school, thats when we realised how far behind He really was ,,very few teachers with experience most of the good teachers are gone to better schools that alone should tell you something. I wish I was able to do cero starts, don't recommend any parent to take their kids there by choice some kinder garden teachers are just there to collect a check

Posted July 8, 2014

This school was terrible. I didn't like the fact that they changed my child's teacher because of "too much crowding". There was never any type of recognition for honor roll, perfect attendance, etc. I didn't like that they never had award assemblies. I didn't feel that my child was challenged at all. My child's teacher had to go on a leave right in the middle of the year so she had to adapt to a different teacher. Some of the staff were not friendly at all and always yelling at the kids. The teachers did not care at all of my child excelling. Most teachers just seemed to be there because they were getting paid. The kids too were rude and disrespectful. I always heard older kids using curse words. The staff allowed parents to "park" in the drop off zone. Overall this school was terrible and I would not recommend any parent to send their child there. Parking was terrible too.

Posted April 21, 2014

This school is terrible. My son has been going here for 2 years now and he is not succeeding here. The school doesn't offer appropriate tutoring classes for my child. Instead giving of giving results all the staff doesn't is make excused and gets nothing done. I would not ask any parent to put their child in this school unless you want teachers that are not compliant with state and iep rules.

Posted January 16, 2014

Honestly I was a student here and this school has been a terrible experience. Teachers don't really care at all and some students are so very rude. I didn't even last a year in this school. However it's not ALL bad some people are nice. Education was very poor in my opinion. I supposed to enrolled for 1year and as soon as I went out to go to a different school I realized I was behind by a lot!!! This gave me poor grades at my new school. It took me a while to get my usual good grades. This school has some great people but I would not chose to go back.

Posted March 11, 2013

I have sent my son here for the past two years (which I truly regret now).... and I always said I would refuse to take my son to this school based on their failing test scores year after year. I ended up giving them a chance and I regret it now. This school will FAIL your child and your child will be completely unprepared for middle/high school. The teachers do not care if your child is passing or failing. I just recently found out that my son has not even had a science class the entire year! Apparently this school has no budget to teach science! I have never heard of such a thing. I am warning all parents that want their child to suceed, DO NOT send your child to this school! The child will fall behind to the extreme and end up struggling to catch up at any school you put them in afterwards. Do your research on this school, please check out their test scores!

Posted July 27, 2011

I read most of the reviews and wonder are the parents really looking into everything I have researched test scores with other elementry schools and Adams is not good at all. There scores are not the worse but they are bad. You should research before making a review. Arizona in all I beleive ranks 49 out of 50 states does that tell you something.

Posted March 27, 2008

My son and daughter go to Adams Elementary School and have for the past 4 years. My son has had the same teacher for all of those years and she is wonderful. Mrs. Brenan. She will get a new set of children next year. If you want a great teacher I hope you get your child in her class. My daughter had a different experience her 3rd grade teacher was really bad and left during the school year (which was a good thing). So she didn t do well that year. After her trying 3rd grade year the 4th grade teacher had to catch up the whole class from last year and keep them on track for the new years lessons. Mrs. Amaya has done this very well and the children are excelling. I would recommend Adams to new students. Thank you Adams. Ms. Gaines

Posted February 1, 2007

My son is finally getting the help he needs to excel, he is a 6th grader and has been to four different schools and not one helped him before Adams. Adams has a very special teacher, Ms. Simpson! She is the best!

Posted December 4, 2006

Adams School is the only place I would send my child. They are teaching the children skills that will help them cope their entire lives. They teach them how to work through problems and to make choices only after considering the consequences, both positive and negetive. Everyone there cares whole-heartedly about the children. It is a great school with great leadership.

Posted December 14, 2005

My daughter has went to four different schools in mesa and thus far adams has been the best school yet. She has trouble with reading and her reading teacher ms weber is the best and so is her regular teahcer. They try and help her and work their schedules to accomidate her and her needs not their needs she comes first wich I value a lot. Bertha wilson ,student maggie wilson, mrs bodine room 47

Posted November 28, 2005

I would not suggest anyone enrolling their child into this school by choice

Posted July 14, 2005

I kept my son in Adam's Elementary, because he had been there since he was in Pre-k. I do not recommend it after that point, academic wise, music nor art wise. For whatever reason, I do not understand where the funding for the education program is going. I have been involved with my child since the Pre-K years and have seen the system fail these kids time and time again. I went to many Parent/Teacher nights, not too many of the parents participated. I really do not recommend this school, I do not feel they are using the Government Aid set aside for each individual School system to the fullest extent.

Posted May 29, 2005

Adams Elementary School is a top pick among schools. Everyone on the campus is there for the kids. They care very much about each and every child.

Posted October 18, 2004

this school teaches very well and every student come home every day learning something knew especially mine.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• 2:30 pm
Fax number
  • (480) 472-4350

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

738 S Longmore