Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
The principal is very involved with the students. I am very impressed with him. I really love this school.

Posted May 05, 2016
My son started kindergarten here this year and was placed in ms. Wells class and we've had nothing but positive experiences!my son is very hyper active and easily distracted so he can be difficult to get through to at times but ms wells has really been understanding and helps him a lot just by being kind and patient with him. School is almost out and my 6 year old now reads to me at bedtime! And he writes pretty good too, I really couldn't be happier with the school. I do agree that the location isn't the best but I don't forsee them moving anytime soon so I won't take away for that lol plus I think the school was there before all the warehouses cuz the neighborhood behind it doesn't look necessarily new

Posted March 31, 2016
I am single mom and this school seems not to understand how busy I am . Calling and emailing me over silly things through out the day . I feel like they single me out because I can not come in on a drop of the dime. I hate where this school is located , Right in the middle of business with zero school zone driving .

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 22, 2015
My children love their school and as a parent, I find the more you are involved, the better the school is. My older son was bullied and I confronted the issue with Mr. Olson right away and he did a phenomenal job stopping the bully. I do have to disagree with the parent who stated the front office is not friendly. Leanne and Lynette are two of the most resourceful and positive ladies I have met. They are always quick to help in a professional manner. The teachers are amazing and are there for one reason, an education to our children. Many families seek to send their children to this school as the education is on the top so many children do not live in the school boundary. This to me says a lot about the education my children receive. Every teacher I have met enjoys their job and not only make it an environment to learn but a fun one. Don't let the negative comments distract you from a great school!! Bobcat family!

Posted June 22, 2014
As an ex-teacher in the Mesa Public School District and a parent of children now in this district, this school, in my opinion, is by far the worst school in the Mesa Public School District. The school is nice as are the playgrounds. The year started off okay, my child was placed in a develpmentally delayed class. My child was treated nicely by his teacher and aides. They were young but took very good care of him. But it didn't stay good. I was very disappointed in one of the Speech Pathologists who did not treat my child appropriately at all. She had a tendency to single out children, including my child, and bullied them. I agree with the curt and rude behavior of the front office, the school nurse and principal included. The health aide and librarian were nice, however, as well as some of the other teachers. I felt that they, the front office staff, did not want parents involved and were annoyed when we were there. In my opinion, they did not support their "open door" policy at all. I would not suggest this school to anyone. It was really disappointing, especially to an ex teacher.

Posted April 28, 2014
This is a great school and has educated children not the kind you see from other schools. The front office staff are very friendly. My neighbors children also go there and they think it is terrific too. Can't wait for next school year.

Bush Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
My children attended kindergarten and it has not been a great experience. Although I think the teachers try & one is very loving they seem overloaded by large classroom sizes & strict guidelines on how the curriculum must be taught. One teacher has told me every time we have met that she does not have time to teach the children individually with 26 students in her class. It seems like all she has time to do is give instruction of how to fill out papers & not really teach concepts or curb teaching methods to reach all students. The administration seems to be going through the motions, not engaged &/or empowering the teachers to be innovative. They need more help - aids or smaller classes (there are 29 kids in one kindergarten class with an aid a couple hrs a day!). My kids love their friends but I have enrolled them elsewhere as I want them to be taught to think & learn not just memorize & be a drone. On a more disturbing note, bullying is notorious at this school. A warning sign that I should have paid attention to when I visited the school was an inappropriate derogatory joke about a kid that the principle made to me when a developmentally delayed child approached him.

Posted January 19, 2013
On the surface this school looks great. New building, nice playground, well dressed staff, unfortunately when you look deeper than the surface this school fails miserably on some very crucial levels. I agree with the post below as to the non existing leadership and curt office staff. The school is not conducive to a healthy learning environment. I feel sorry for the teachers who are doing a good job having to work in those stressful conditions. I am now afraid to let my children attend this school as many of the staff seem to set the tone of bulling others as acceptable behavior. There are some good people at Bush but the handful of people who run the show there through corrupt politics have ruined any confidence I have for Mesa Public Schools. It's a real shame.

Posted June 25, 2012
Our children attend Bush and love this school. So sad that the previous poster has sent children to this school almost every year it has been open (15yrs.) and had such difficult experiences. Why did you continue to send them there? The vitriol spewed by the previous poster says more about them than Bush Elementary. Why don't you take advantage of open enrollment, and move! Bush is a great school and we wouldn't go anywhere else.

Posted June 23, 2012
Our family has had children in this school almost every year it has been open. The administration in the last few years has been horrible. Open enrollment has destroyed any sense of community. Most families who bring their kids to this school do not live in the neighborhood. They have had many issues that are never addressed by the school or district with preferential treatment. All of my children have come home upset about how the teachers and aids bully the kids. This school has gotten worse in the last two years. We thought the Montessori addition would improve the school but the teachers have proven to be just as cliquy and ruthless as many other teachers who rule this school. Many children who attended this school have told my wife and I about being bullied by staff over the years. Reporting it does no good. The district protects their staff. It is a shame that a newer school with many bright and capable children who attend year after year is ruined by a politically unhealthy clique of adults who are so unprofessional and mean spirited. I have seen this village and you do not want it any where near your children.

4925 E Ingram, Mesa, AZ  85205
Last modified Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.