Posted June 22, 2014
As an ex-teacher in the Mesa Public School District and a parent of children now in this district, this school, in my opinion, is by far the worst school in the Mesa Public School District. The school is nice as are the playgrounds. The year started off okay, my child was placed in a develpmentally delayed class. My child was treated nicely by his teacher and aides. They were young but took very good care of him. But it didn't stay good. I was very disappointed in one of the Speech Pathologists who did not treat my child appropriately at all. She had a tendency to single out children, including my child, and bullied them. I agree with the curt and rude behavior of the front office, the school nurse and principal included. The health aide and librarian were nice, however, as well as some of the other teachers. I felt that they, the front office staff, did not want parents involved and were annoyed when we were there. In my opinion, they did not support their "open door" policy at all. I would not suggest this school to anyone. It was really disappointing, especially to an ex teacher.

Bush Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
This is a great school and has educated children not the kind you see from other schools. The front office staff are very friendly. My neighbors children also go there and they think it is terrific too. Can't wait for next school year.

Bush Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
My children attended kindergarten and it has not been a great experience. Although I think the teachers try & one is very loving they seem overloaded by large classroom sizes & strict guidelines on how the curriculum must be taught. One teacher has told me every time we have met that she does not have time to teach the children individually with 26 students in her class. It seems like all she has time to do is give instruction of how to fill out papers & not really teach concepts or curb teaching methods to reach all students. The administration seems to be going through the motions, not engaged &/or empowering the teachers to be innovative. They need more help - aids or smaller classes (there are 29 kids in one kindergarten class with an aid a couple hrs a day!). My kids love their friends but I have enrolled them elsewhere as I want them to be taught to think & learn not just memorize & be a drone. On a more disturbing note, bullying is notorious at this school. A warning sign that I should have paid attention to when I visited the school was an inappropriate derogatory joke about a kid that the principle made to me when a developmentally delayed child approached him.

Posted January 19, 2013
On the surface this school looks great. New building, nice playground, well dressed staff, unfortunately when you look deeper than the surface this school fails miserably on some very crucial levels. I agree with the post below as to the non existing leadership and curt office staff. The school is not conducive to a healthy learning environment. I feel sorry for the teachers who are doing a good job having to work in those stressful conditions. I am now afraid to let my children attend this school as many of the staff seem to set the tone of bulling others as acceptable behavior. There are some good people at Bush but the handful of people who run the show there through corrupt politics have ruined any confidence I have for Mesa Public Schools. It's a real shame.

Posted June 23, 2012
Our family has had children in this school almost every year it has been open. The administration in the last few years has been horrible. Open enrollment has destroyed any sense of community. Most families who bring their kids to this school do not live in the neighborhood. They have had many issues that are never addressed by the school or district with preferential treatment. All of my children have come home upset about how the teachers and aids bully the kids. This school has gotten worse in the last two years. We thought the Montessori addition would improve the school but the teachers have proven to be just as cliquy and ruthless as many other teachers who rule this school. Many children who attended this school have told my wife and I about being bullied by staff over the years. Reporting it does no good. The district protects their staff. It is a shame that a newer school with many bright and capable children who attend year after year is ruined by a politically unhealthy clique of adults who are so unprofessional and mean spirited. I have seen this village and you do not want it any where near your children.

Bush Elementary School 3

Posted March 19, 2012
My kids started at Barbara Bush Elementary during the 2010-2011 school year. They are very unhappy there, and I am currently looking for another school for them. I agree with a previous poster, there really is NO sense of community there. The principal started off his first year kind of as a ghost - rarely seen, and no presence felt at all. It seemed as if no one was really in charge. I gave him three stars because he has seemed more involved this year, last year I would've marked just one. I've never before known of a librarian who wants to keep books out of the hands of kindergarteners at such a crucial age for reading, and I don't understand it. The front office staff is the least helpful of any school I've seen. Very curt and unfriendly, sometimes downright rude. This behavior is consistent and not based on one or two isolated incidents. The bright spot is the Montessori program, which moved from Mendoza to Bush last year. The Montessori teachers are fantastic, and it's a great program. I hope they will be allowed to grow the program the way they want.

Bush Elementary School 3

Posted January 01, 2012
This school has great teachers and a terrible administration. The administration is not professional or friendly. Also, there isn't a sense of school community. There are no sports teams organized by school so within a class there may be 5 kids on 5 different teams. This makes it really hard to connect. They also do not have any sort of school wide winter program and parents were not invited to the talent show.

Posted August 29, 2011
Three of my children attended Bush. All of them hated it there. They complained of favoritism and a system unfairly stacked against children who were not the right religion and color to be accepted by the people who run this school and district. I didn't believe it until I started volunteering there and saw for myself the disrespectful way in which many children are treated at this school and the politics that allows it to happen. I wish someone has warned us before we moved into this neighborhood that this school and community was not welcoming to all people.

Bush Elementary School 5

Posted August 01, 2011
This is our fifth year attending Bush, and we give it a high star rating. We have 4 kids attending elementary. The teachers are supportive, warm, and want to be there. A friend of mine who is a teacher said there is a waiting list to teach there. Mr. Corte was a good principal but we like Mr. Olson even better. Both care about the school and it shows. Mr. Corte was a little more controlling ( to the parents ) reagarding your children and Mr. Olson gives parents more liberties. We feel fortunate to have diligent teachers and a supportive principal at Bush.

Bush Elementary School 4

Posted November 20, 2010
I have taught at Barbara Bush for many years. This is a school that teachers feel fortunate to be a part of, because of our awesome parental support, and the tremendous students who come through our school year after year. No matter all the changes over the years, from school site leadership to district leadership, I can promise you that teachers here will always do what is best for our kids. We will meet all of their needs, academically, and socially, because that is what we have always done. No new district policies, or site leadership changes will ever change that. Make no mistake, that is a good thing.

Bush Elementary School
4925 E Ingram, Mesa, AZ  85205
Last modified Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bush Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top