Posted March 26, 2013
After an extremely bad year, and a letter from some lady none of us know, I'm highly upset to see that my child has to go somewhere else. My child has spent the entire year receiving inconsistent teaching, with conflicting reports sent home. We were told that we could go to the Gilbert Campus, only to be told later that it wasn't available either- that it would be moved, too. A call the the principal yesterday showed that she wasn't even on campus to be questioned. I certainly hope that my review isn't flagged again, but I will continue to make it.

Posted March 25, 2013
After an extremely poor year, families were informed 8 weeks prior to the end of the year that the school is closing. We were informed via an informal email/letter from some woman I've never heard of and were told we could drive to the Gilbert Campus or ask the front desk about other options. This entire year was a joke from a 3rd grade teacher who is more suited to teach high school to unsupportive administration who make excuses for their negligent staff. This was a year that could make or break my student's value of school and the teacher spent more of the year nit picking him rather than teaching him. After 3 prior successful years, this was a HUGE disappointment. Sadly, I have to say I am not surprised they are closing from their wishy washy support staff to their high school level politics. In this school you are either mormon or worthless in their eyes. Unless of course you have money to donate. It wasn't hard to see this school coming apart at its seams this year. The best thing I can pull from this is that our family is forced to find a much better educational environment for our child. I certainly hope the other campuses aren't run in such a poor manner.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Mesa 2

Posted March 23, 2013
We just received news yesterday that Ben Franklin Mesa is closing at the end of this school year. I cannot say I am surprised as the school as dealt with alot of changes and have not been able to roll with them successfully. I will miss the many great families I have met over the years. I wish they could have given us more notice as most charter schools in the area have already had their registration for the upcoming school year.

Posted March 23, 2013
This campus is closing after many years. Although a great program, the Mesa campus principal is never there anymore. I have been very disappointed this year in my dealings with her. On Monday morning I will be calling the Gilbert campus to see if I can get my children in there this year.

Posted March 18, 2013
We moved mid-year and transferred our kindergartner here. He loves it and I love it. The kindergarten teacher is really on top of things. Whenever I visit the campus I am impressed by the kids and the (in general) missing "attitude" when observing even the older students. They may have limited resources, but I appreciate the small school atmosphere and attention to academics and character.

Posted June 20, 2012
We could not be any happier with this school. Great teachers and great parents. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Mesa 3

Posted September 02, 2011
One thing to mention is that this school has no team sports, only what is played in PE. The library is an occasional offering in an empty classroom, but when there are too many students, there is no more library. There are no computers available to the students. There is not always a play each year, but sometimes there is one play offered for older students. It is a small school with most classes in trailers and very limited resources. Otherwise, the school does what it can with what it has.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Mesa 2

Posted August 20, 2011
I initially loved this school for my child based on the ideas of teaching the constitution, principles and preparing them to be good citizens. As previously posted, there is nothing available for advanced/gifted students. While there is no proclaimed religion at this school, you will find that the dress code is in accordance with LDS guidelines and the social aspect is not friendly towards non LDS families. There is definately a pecking order when it comes to the administration caring about parental concerns, if you are not in the club, do not expect the principal to even respond to your questions or ideas. With that being said, the kindergarten teacher is an incredible lady who will go above and beyond to help your child do their best. Safety is also a concern, the outdoor aides are useless and often daydreaming or socializing when they should be watching the children.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Mesa 3

Posted June 20, 2011
I think this is a wonderful school. My children have been attending for many years. I think your race survey was right on track. Another item that parents may want to consider is the religious orientation of the school. This school is primarily based on a staff and student population from a particular religious base and families that are not a part of this religion can be made to feel uncomfortable. This is something they may want to research before becoming a part of the program.

Posted February 28, 2010
When I was searching for schools for my daughter who was entering kindergarten I found Benjamin Franklin. I am so glad that I found this school because it is such a wonderful place. They have just the right amount of love and dicipline to make this school work. I love how envolved this school is with the children and keeping parents envolved. They keep the classrooms at a decent size so every child is taken care of. I love the fact that they praise kids and recognize them for the good things they do and not just the bad like I have seen a lot of schools because they are overwhelmed. They teach children to reach their full potential and they also teach respect which was a huge thing for me. They also encourage and love parents to be in the class rooms to help. I recommend this school to everyone!

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Mesa
2345 N. Horne, Mesa, AZ  85203
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Mesa is a Charter school that serves grades K-6
Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Mesa Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top