No rating

Brimhall Junior High School

Public | 7-9 | 668 students

Posted June 4, 2012

Brimhall is the best school I've been to yet! It's really a shame the city is tearing it down this summer...........at least we went out with a bang......I'll miss it so much :'(

Posted November 3, 2011

the school does not obide by the bully policy and the principle always sides with the teacher. the school is most focused on sending your kids home for pitty things like a hole in your pants above the knee, shoes and hair then educating their students. theirs a always a new policy every week.

Posted August 8, 2011

I just registard for school here and when I walked in the adminastration office they were so rude!!! They have the strictest workers ive ever seen!! This is hard to explain but I am very short but I have long legs and i came in with shorts on and it was right after school clothes shopping and all my shorts are the same length well anyways one of the ladies says excuse me you cant wear those shorts they are WAYYYY to short (these were probably the longest shorts i have) so now I probably have to go and return all my shorts i got for this year!! THANKSBRIMALL THANKS A LOT!! (NOT!!)

Posted May 7, 2011

The new principal has made this a much better school for everyone. I have 2 children and my son is in 8th grade this year & about to graduate. The difference in the entire school atmosphere since the new principal was installed this year is beyond words. My daughter went through Brimhall 3 years ago & things were a lot worse. The teachers and staff are hardworking & very caring.

Posted January 18, 2011

I am a student at Brimhall and do not like it at all. The new principal puts rules on things she doesn't like, but there is no problem with. For example, a small purse that does not go against dress code at all and you get it taken away, even though she lets people carry around purses the size of their locker?! They solve all problem with a detention or a no-contact contract. This is very ineffective and they are just full of empty threats. All they do is try to help the kids with behavioral issues, and do not help kids who truely need the help. Over all I am very disappointed with this school, and so is everyone I know.

Posted August 5, 2010

My son has such a great experience at this school for 7th grade. They have such wonderful caring teachers who have encouraged him to do his best. the principal knows every child by name and treats them with so much respect

Posted May 15, 2010

This is a good school, but I do not feel that there is enough done to help or motivate excelling kids. My son gets straight A's, but the teachers focus on kids who struggle all the time and who are behavior problems. When kids fail, they can retake test after test until they get an A. It's frustrating that some kids get grades that they do not earn. Kids who earn their grades feel like their hard work is for nothing. Why work hard and turn something in on time, when your friend can turn it in three weeks late and still get a B+? Some kids get special tests where there are only two multiple choices per questions. Hmmm. Take a guess with a 50/50 chance? Some kids get it easy. I just hope my son continues to work hard and does not cave in to the low expectations.

Posted May 3, 2010

The school overall is a standard Arizona school (not very high standards) The teachers are not very helpful. The principle's rule for lunch is for each table of kids to clean up. This would be ok but you end up with kids that did not leave trash cleaning up after the kids that did, constantly. The principle stated that this was done to teach responsibility. It teaches the lazy kids that they can get away with all kinds of stuff and the kids that follow rules get screwed over. It's also this way because there are too many kids and no way to watch who does what. So are the kids running the kids? Sounds like it.

Posted April 25, 2010

My son is in 9th grade and joind Brimhall a month into school year moving from MN and starting from the front office, teachers, counselor, coaches, prinicpal have been wonderful and my son has loved attending Brimhall this year hat's off to a wonderful loving, caring staff at Brimhall. Thanks

Posted March 20, 2010

I currently to Brimhall. I think it's a great school. However, the Principal needs to be changed. She has been there sense my brother was there and my brother is 23.

Posted February 16, 2010

Well, I'm a student at Brimhall. I have been attending there for 2 years now. I enjoy most of my classes, and have no problem with my classmates or teachers. Although I do have some problems with the people in the front office, Administration. They can be rude and difficult. I have the hardest time trying to talk with them. Their the only problem I have with the school. Everything else I am fine with. I feel safe going to this school, and enjoy it.

Posted July 18, 2009

I have had 3 children attend Brimhall Jr. High. It has been a great experience for both me and my children. The teachers go out of their way to help students to be successful. They are both knowledgeable and professional. Although the counselors have never been particularly helpful, this is a great school! I would recommend Brimhall to any parent that wants a GREAT education for their student!!!

Posted July 15, 2009

Brimhall junior high is a greeat school and has taught me a lot this school is better than any of the junior highs i have been to or schools. you can realy get a lot out of the work you do and they teach in methods that you can remember!!!

Posted May 24, 2009

I go to Brimhall and I love it. It's an amazing school. I'm doing excellent there. The teachers and staff are truly great. I get help whenever I need it. It's a really great school

Posted November 21, 2008

I have never been so disappointed about a school as I am with this one. The staff and administration could learn some manners on how to treat parents and students. They are difficult and rude! The teachers only call when your student has to serve detention but yet when you call and ask how your student is doing or how you can help with their progress their answers are always the same 'there are to many students to worry about just yours'. I battle with this school every single day and nothing changes. The principal is arrogant and demeaning to the students which I find to be harming to my sons education. I give this school an F.

Posted March 1, 2008

they are not teaching mi child like she should be and they have way to many fights there and to may kids go there

Posted October 9, 2007

Both of my daughters have attended this school. I am very displeased with with this school. There is no individual attention to the students. If a child isn't a self learner she/he is more than likely not going to thrive, grow and learn.

Posted July 9, 2007

Honestly I can say that this is a disappointing school. It is not a very nurturing environment and the staff wasn't very sensitive to the students and the parents needs. The best parts of my day were science and orchestra, and they werent even that great. The counselors were rather slow on response. I took the 7th Grade ELP Geography class and I found it too difficult so at the beginning of 3rd Quarter we contacted my counselor and I wasn't moved to a lower class till beginning 4th quarter and In 9th grade I was having trouble w/ AA Eng. and we again contacted my counselor mid 3rd quarter to move me to grade level english and never even got a call back. Now I have to do summer for the class before i can graduate senior year. Overall, I would give the school a D. Not very Impressive

Posted June 8, 2007

The administration at this school is awful and very difficult to work with...If you are looking for a place that cares about children and treats them individually this is not the place...they have very little respect for the students or the parents...If you would like to have a say in your child's education this is not the place, you cannot even request that you child switch classes...this place was a complete disappointment and I am so glad my child is done with this place

Posted March 5, 2007

I have 2 children who are currently attending Brimhall Jr. High. I am continually discouraged by the incompetency of some of their teachers. I have never been more dissatisfied by a school in terms of administration, counselors, front-office workers, and teachers. There is a rigidity and a ridiculous amount of strictness present. Sensitivity training as well as setting a benchmark for hiring qualified teachers would be a plus here. I would never recommend this junior high school to another parent.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 63%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (480) 472-2698

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now