Posted December 16, 2013
Our daughter, now in 8th grade, attended K-6 at Burke Basic School. She received an excellent, solid education. The teachers were wonderful, as were the director, principal, and staff members. It is obvious that everyone really cares about the students and whether they are progressing. The expectations for both academics and behavior are high. Now in junior high, our daughter is taking all honors classes, and I believe that the core education she received at Burke Basic is one of the reasons.

Posted August 07, 2013
I have 2 children attending this school since KG, they are now in 4th & 2nd. I've loved this school since day one the education my boys get is awesome and blows my mind how great these teachers here teach both my boys have learned so much so quick and the character traits they teach have really made a difference in the way they carry them selves, I will truly miss this school when its time for my son to move on to 7th. Highly recommend this school and its AFTERCARE program (great&affordable)

Posted July 16, 2013
My son has been attending Burke Basic since Kindergarten. He will now be entereing the Fourth Grade this year. I am always pleased with the academic rigor and structure that is at my child's school. I am so pleased with the educational fieldtrips, the phonics program that is implemented, friendliness of all of the staff, and that I, the parent, matter and I am encouraged to take part in my child's education. I also love that the homework sent home is very minimal. This is important to me as a working parent with young children at home. I enjoy the Character First Program that teaches my child good moral values each month and the morning assemblies where they recite the character trait for that month and also say the Pledge of Allegiance. Not many schools teach patriotism anymore like they did when I was in elementary school. My daughter will be attending Kindergarten this year and can't wait! This is the school for you!!!

Burke Basic School 3

Posted August 29, 2012
My children have been going to burke for two years now. Last year everything was great for the most part, however i do have some issues with the dress code! Kids are not allowed to were there jackets unless they are red, blue, or white. No bows or nothing in the hair, this is a bit much but you deal due to the great acadimics. This year i love my kids teachers but its being a lot of kids ganging up on other kids. I have been to the school three times already to try to get things handled. Mr gaddy is Awsome but how much can one stand for. Based on acadimics alone the school is great. I do agree with everyone else there should be some sort of after school program. And better communication for the programs they do have.

Burke Basic School 4

Posted May 23, 2011
I am verry pleased with my sons education achievement's at this school. Although he is not so pleased with the playground not having swings. I had him in a public school which I was very upset with because they where keeping him from recess because of the way he colored either to sloppy if he went fast or didn't finish in time because he went to slow. That has never been an issue at Burke. His teacher is concerned with his education goals, like reading, spelling and math more than just coloring. The parking lot is a nightmare, but it's a small price to pay considering the achievment that my child has endured. I would recommend this school to any parent looking for a great school.

Burke Basic School 4

Posted January 21, 2011
The teachers & staff at Burke really do care & they show it. My daughter is in an andvanced 3rd grade class and doing very well. Along the regular course work, they are given work that is slightly above average for this grade which keeps them challenged. The school could improve on extra curricular activities as their is no band, sports, clubs at this school. There is a wonderful program called Odessy of the Minds that I would love to see implemented at Burke. Overall, I think this is a great school for any child to get a good education.

Burke Basic School 1

Posted May 08, 2010

Posted January 14, 2010

Posted December 14, 2009

Posted December 14, 2009

Burke Basic School
131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ  85210
Last modified Burke Basic School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burke Basic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews.