Cambridge Academy East

Charter | K-6 | 273 students

Small classroom sizes and highly qualified Teachers

School Official Point of View

Posted April 12, 2011

The vision of Cambridge Academy East is an excelling, achievement-oriented environment where children in grades K-8 learn, master, and eventually apply foundational skills in a sequence that logically builds from the most basic elementary content to increasingly higher order conceptual thinking. We are a school committed to the family, embracing the notion that the school is an extension of the home, and therefore we must work together to achieve success. It is our belief that all children have the ability to achieve greatness and become the person they dream of being. At Cambridge Academy East, we provide a rigorous and Arizona State Standards aligned curriculum, disciplined environment where our students are academically and socially prepared to excel in demanding college preparatory schools.

Posted October 29, 2009

This is my child's second week at the Queen Creek location. The first day my child was afraid and shy. The lady at the front desk took the time to speak with her and told her everything would be okay. She even walked her to her class and told her to come to her if she felt sad or afraid. She took the time later that day to call me to let me know that she was doing okay. To me that was amazing that she made my daughter and I feel so special. This along with the fact that my daughter's teacher was so amazing, made me feel that I had made the right decision in changing schools. My daughter enjoys doing her homework and cannot wait to go back the next day to school. Everyone is so friendly and helpful! I would highly recommend this school!

Posted October 2, 2009

Wonderful wonderful. I can't say enough great things about this school. All very hard working.

Posted September 25, 2009

great caring school with excellent teachers and academics

Posted August 23, 2009

What a great school! My children attend the Queen Creek Campus and although in a temporary campus it is very homey. I have seen all of the teachers excited and eager to teach our children! I especially think that the kindergarten teachers are terrific! They are always very bubbly, singing songs and planning a lot of fun things for my child to do. The team work is amazing and they spend time doing things together, all three classes! WOW!

Posted August 22, 2009

We are very excited, foreign languages and art classes are being taught to students in the Queen Creek campus. One of my children had a teacher at Edu-Prize that would yell and raise her voice. I have removed all of my children from that school and now they go to Cambridge Academy in Queen Creek. What a difference! They actually look forward to going to school every day! One of them told me, 'Daddy, I didn't know learning could be so much fun!' They are learning Spanish as well as German. The new campus they are building looks like a palace! Thanks Cambridge for being passionate about education!

Posted August 20, 2009

We just attended Curriculum Night at Cambridge. What an amazing school!! The administrative staff, principal Amy, teachers, and the receptionist Liz are truly the best at what they do. From the time you enter the doors until the time you drive out of the parking lot, they make sure that you and your children feel as if you are most important person. The teachers take the time to make sure your child is fully, yes fully understanding of what was taught each day. The teachers will even tutor, at no charge, your child after school to ensure them the best education possible. Where else are you going to find teachers like this that truly care about your child. My two children wake up every morning excited about going to school. Thank you Cambridge for restoring my faith in the educational system in Queen Creek!

Posted August 8, 2009

This was my child's first week in kindergarten at the Queen Creek location. The staff is so kind and caring. When I dropped my son off at school he was standing at the door crying. The receptionist went outside to comfort him and took him inside. Staff members greet each child in the morning. They always make time to answer any questions you may have. I too was worried that they may not open in time. I am so glad that that I have enrolled my child at Cambridge and look forward to a great school year!

Posted August 7, 2009

I just recently transferred my children from a regular public school to the Cambridge Academy in Queen Creek. I'm so happy I've actually teared up. They are just opened in a temporary location and have already achieved more oragnization than my childrens old school did in 3 years. They have an answer to every question I've had. No hesitation, no 'i'll get back to you'. They know their stuff. Small class rooms, professionally dressed staff. I have never felt better and more at ease dropping off my kids in the morning. They actually teach the kids spanish as their curriculum!! If you have a chance to send your kids to this school, do not hesitate! They love it already, I love it already, and we are all very excited for the upcoming year! Thank You Cambridge Academy-Queen Creek

Posted June 2, 2009

My daughter just completed kindergarten at Cambridge Academy East and we could not be happier. Mrs. Romm is an amazing, gifted teacher! I was able to help in the classroom on a regular basis and see first-hand how the small class size really allows kids to get the individual attention they need to excel. There is a nice balance between learning and play and the kids get to participate in P.E., music, spanish and art. The campus has an upbeat, friendly feel to it, and the teachers seem happy and excited about teaching. We are looking forward to another great year at Cambridge Academy East!

Posted May 26, 2009

My son just finished another wonderful year at Cambridge. I continue to be amazed at the level of education being taught. The class sizes are smaller than regular public school which allows students to get the individual attention they need. I feel comfortable knowing my son is in a safe environment which the students are always put first. Thank you Cambridge for the wonderful commitment you make to your students.

Posted May 2, 2009

A few years ago I was confronted with my first grader not reading, I wasn't too concerned until I observed a first grade class at Cambridge Academy. I withdrew my children from the other school and placed them at Cambridge. Not only did my first grader begin to read and finish the year on level but to my surprise my kindergartner was also reading! Last year my children attended another school, all the while I wished they were at Cambridge, they excelled thanks to the foundation that Miss Kinner and Mrs. Stuebbs gave my children. This year I was able to bring them back to Cambridge and again both are challenged and are excelling! Mrs. Parklan and Mrs. Jorgensen have been a breath of fresh air! There is no place that would take the place of Cambridge for my kids!

Posted April 27, 2009

This is our first year at Cambridge and we love the fact that the teachers teach to the individual child. If your child is ahead or behind the curriculum they will teach accordingly. The teachers are also incredibly open to trying new things...that moment...not next year or say they need approval first. The administration is the same way. If you have an idea that will serve to help the school they are all for it. The environment is incredibly nurturing and loving where teachers smile, give hugs and give praise. Students are empowered and because of this I can see a difference in the confidence level of my child. Only area of improvement I would suggest is to have a more structured science program with more hands-on experiments. Regardless, each year will just get better and better with more parent involvement and the school's quest for making things better.

Posted February 16, 2009

I moved my daughter a few months into the school year. I love this school! The classes are small (19 in 1st grade) and everyone is welcoming and very nice. I have been able to help in the class several times and I am in awe of the control that the teacher has in the classroom. Coming from a public school of mayhem, I find it amazing. They are able to get through so much more in the day and they have high expectations of the children. It seems very balanced and I love that they offer art, music, spanish and p.e. They do very creative, interactive activities during the day with the kids, so you don't get stacks of busy work coming home. Each grade participates in the school assembly once a month and each student seems proud to participate. This is exactly what I want out of an elementary

Posted January 28, 2009

My Son is in Kindergarten at Cambridge he is doing great with reading and can add numbers in his head, which @ age 5 to me is excellent. He loves his teacher Mrs Adams. Who does a great job with the students. I like the fact that the class size is small. I as a parent has spent time in the classroom to help & see that the smaller class size is a big benafit to the students. I can see that if my son would of gone to the school by where we live which had 29 students to start the year he might not be above his grade level.

Posted January 27, 2009

My daughter is in Kindergarten at Cambridge Academy East. So far, she is doing wonderfully! I love the small class sizes and the loving nature of the teachers. She is reading well above her grade level and loves going to school every day. The teachers are excellent and really great with the students. I couldn't be happier with my daughter's education so far. Although there is a limited choice of extra curricular activities at Cambridge, there are VERY FEW K-6 public schools that offer anything more either. If that's the only consideration for parents making a decision about school placement, I'm not sure you will ever find a school for your child. I will continue to send my child to Cambridge as long as I feel she is being stimulated as a student and respected as a person.

Posted December 15, 2008

My children have attended this school now for 4 years, and I stand behind this school 100 percent. My daughter has maintained straight a's in junior high and I know attending Cambridge has helped her excel. My children are in smaller classes now then they would of been at the public school. More children attend this fine school beacuse parents have found out that Cambridge is an excellent school.

Posted December 10, 2008

My son attends Cambridge Academy and he is doing extremely well. I pulled him out of another school because he wasn't getting the attention that he needs. The class sizes were huge and he never had any on-on-one help. I have noticed that my son is doing so much better and is understanding his work. He loves this school and always looks forward to going. The teachers are awesome and Cambridge is a great school and a safe place for my son to learn.

Posted September 18, 2008

I love Cambridge Academy. It has smaller classrooms, so the children have more one on one time with the teachers, which is important to me. The teachers are very friendly and enthusiastic. The school encourages parent participation. My son comes home and tells me waht he learned that day in spanish or music or art, so they have a variety of stuff for the children. I looked around for a good school for my son, and I couldn't have found a better one.

Posted April 28, 2008

this school is great! they have a lot of parent involement wich is awsome! The PTO did a wonderful job on the Earth day event! it was the first year and im sure it will be better next year! WE come to this school because it is a smaller school and less kids in the classroom. I feel my son is doing, better than he would be doing in public schools. They care more about how the kids behave then how they look! and I think that is great!

Posted April 26, 2008

My kids have been at Cambridge for 2 years. We love it!! They have smaller class rooms so and the teachers all seem to have a passion for teaching and really try to keep the kids challenged. My two kids K and 1st grade love their teachers and school. Great education, and a Great staff!! We alson feel like our kids have a safe place to learn.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 78% in 2014.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

In 2013-2014 Arizona used the Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) to test students in reading and mathematics in grades 3 through 8 and 10, writing in grades 5, 6, 7, and 10, and in science in grades 4, 8 and 10. GreatSchools' profiles currently show AIMS mathematics, reading and writing results. 2013 AIMS grade 10 results represent on-track 10th graders for the 2013 test year. AIMS is a standards-based test, which means that it measures how well students have mastered Arizona learning standards. Students must pass the grade 10 AIMS in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to meet or exceed state standards on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 58% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 80% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 80% in 2014.

n/a

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Female 49%N/A49%
Male 51%N/A51%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science

Language learning

• Foreign languages
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • Intensive - the school offers a full program for many languages and/or offers at least one very comprehensive program school-wide for at least 25% of our population
Languages supported by ESL/ELL programs

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Girls on the run

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Amy Monarrez, Principal
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (480) 325-2365

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge

• Foreign languages
  • Science
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Sunshine Acres

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom