Public charter
Mesa, AZ
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The vision of Cambridge Academy East is an excelling, achievement-oriented environment where children in grades K-8 learn, master, and eventually apply foundational skills in a sequence that logically builds from the most basic elementary content to increasingly higher order conceptual thinking. We are a school committed to the family, embracing the notion that the school is an extension of the home, and therefore we must work together to achieve success. It is our belief that all children have the ability to achieve greatness and become the person they dream of being. At Cambridge Academy East, we provide a rigorous and Arizona State Standards aligned curriculum, disciplined environment where our students are academically and socially prepared to excel in demanding college preparatory schools.
April 12, 2011

Posted August 12, 2014
I am so proud to be a part of this amazing school! Our teachers are innovative and forward thinking, our students are happy and motivated to learn. Our school may be small but there are incredible things happening here. We are ranked #3 in Arizona of highly performing schools!!!

Posted June 18, 2014
Great School. My IEP child never met standards on AIMS until his 6th grade. He went to half of 5th and all of 6th grade at Cambridge. I had two boys there and they both did really well. The teachers are kind and dedicated. The principle is fab and the rest of the staff is very helpful and friendly. The other students are generally very holsom and friendly as well

Posted January 16, 2014
I love this school. This is my daughters first year and it just going so fantastic I couldn't ask for any better. They have a ton of fun family events, the staff is friendly and courteous and they have great after school clubs. The dance club is wonderful. They all get to be involved in extra dance activities such as performing at the state fair, enter into competitions, and they learn a variety of dances and styles. I also love that it is a fairly small school, so all the parents get to recognize and know each other as well as other staff members. It is not just a school but a community. My daughter has learned so much. They have exceeded my expectations and more.

Posted September 25, 2013
Good luck on keeping your comment on here. They DO erase ALL of the negative comments.

Posted September 12, 2013
By not putting 1 star i have to say I hate this school, At this school they play favorites, and don't care about kids feelings. The teachers may be educated in math, spelling and reading, but they will never be educated in emotional thoughts which is also important. This school can not get any worse and if you erase this i will know that you are controlling what stays on and goes off I have you figured out, i was a STUDENT or as they might call me a MINION but i got out of there at the end of fourth grade. i had been there since kindergarten and i never imagined that it could get so bad. I think you know who this is from...

Posted August 29, 2013
This is our family's fourth year at Cambridge Academy, and we couldn't be more impressed. I have a third grader, a first grader, and a kindergartener there; as with all families, my children are each unique and have very different strengths, challenges, and interests. The teachers at Cambridge have been able to acknowledge and celebrate these traits, rather than attempt to fit my children into a mold. The curriculum is challenging while remaining fun and engaging, the numerous extra-curricular activities are enriching and well planned, and the campus is clean and inviting. The thing about Cambridge that I value above all else is the genuine interest in, concern, and love for each student (and family). The teachers, office staff, and administrators take the time to get to really get to know each child and his or her family. I feel safe and confident dropping my kiddos off every morning.

Posted July 29, 2013
Cambridge Academy is a public charter school. All teachers here in subject areas and music are not only degreed but highly qualified as mandated by the AZ Deptartment of Education. The only positions that are not mandated to be degreed are PE and Art. The PE teacher you are talking about only teaches the boys in 5th and 6th grade. He is a highly motivated and certified in fitness. The boys are thrilled to have him and excited to learn from him. He is following the Common Core curriculum also mandated by the Department of Education.

Posted July 29, 2013
I know on the surface it may seem odd to have such a young PE instructor, but honestly my son loves it. No longer are PE teachers standing on the sidelines watching the action, they are involved in leading the students in active healthy activities. Bravo Cambridge for being bold enough to try something new.

Posted April 19, 2013
Teachers can greatly range in quality at Cambridge. Currently my son is in 4th grade and I can say the teacher is not par with what has been our experience over the past 3 years. The size of the school can also be a negative as all the kids are bunched together on such a small property. I would have no problem sending my 5 year old here as they are very academically focused. For ages older then 7 or so, more complete options in the area are available.

Posted November 02, 2012
My son started Kindergarten at CambridgeQC the first year they opened. He is in 3rd grade this year. We have had some growing pains but we have stayed because of the teachers! They are ll wonderful. I have found that talking to the administration directly is the best way to get your conserns answered. I love the small classes and my son is comfortable here. He would be devistated if we had to move him. Even though we have seen friends move on my son wants to stay and we are happy to keep him at CAQC. I'm sad to hear that others have had problems and I hope the school they move on to is a better fit.

Cambridge Academy East
9412 E. Brown Rd., Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Cambridge Academy East is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cambridge Academy East Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 123 reviews. Top