School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The vision of Cambridge Academy East is an excelling, achievement-oriented environment where children in grades K-8 learn, master, and eventually apply foundational skills in a sequence that logically builds from the most basic elementary content to increasingly higher order conceptual thinking. We are a school committed to the family, embracing the notion that the school is an extension of the home, and therefore we must work together to achieve success. It is our belief that all children have the ability to achieve greatness and become the person they dream of being. At Cambridge Academy East, we provide a rigorous and Arizona State Standards aligned curriculum, disciplined environment where our students are academically and socially prepared to excel in demanding college preparatory schools.
April 12, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 12, 2016
Sending my children to Cambridge Academy was the best decision I could have made. I have seen my son grow from a shy and timid kindergartener to a confident and compassionate 6th grader. My daughter is currently in 1st grade and she absolutely loves it. Everyone at the school is very approachable and there truly is a sense of community. There are many fun activities, the classes are small, and, from what I’ve seen, discipline issues are minimal. This school focuses on raising good people, not just on achieving high scores.

Posted January 30, 2016
My boys have been attending since kindergarten and it has been an amazing experience! The classes are smaller with teachers that are well rounded, highly qualified (some with masters degress) and can actually spend time teaching your child. They are incredibly dedicated and genuinely care for your child' total well being. My children learn there because it is fun and natural for them in this schools positive environment.

Posted August 12, 2014
I am so proud to be a part of this amazing school! Our teachers are innovative and forward thinking, our students are happy and motivated to learn. Our school may be small but there are incredible things happening here. We are ranked #3 in Arizona of highly performing schools!!!

Posted June 18, 2014
Great School. My IEP child never met standards on AIMS until his 6th grade. He went to half of 5th and all of 6th grade at Cambridge. I had two boys there and they both did really well. The teachers are kind and dedicated. The principle is fab and the rest of the staff is very helpful and friendly. The other students are generally very holsom and friendly as well

Posted January 16, 2014
I love this school. This is my daughters first year and it just going so fantastic I couldn't ask for any better. They have a ton of fun family events, the staff is friendly and courteous and they have great after school clubs. The dance club is wonderful. They all get to be involved in extra dance activities such as performing at the state fair, enter into competitions, and they learn a variety of dances and styles. I also love that it is a fairly small school, so all the parents get to recognize and know each other as well as other staff members. It is not just a school but a community. My daughter has learned so much. They have exceeded my expectations and more.

Cambridge Academy East 1

Posted September 25, 2013
Good luck on keeping your comment on here. They DO erase ALL of the negative comments.

Cambridge Academy East 1

Posted September 12, 2013
By not putting 1 star i have to say I hate this school, At this school they play favorites, and don't care about kids feelings. The teachers may be educated in math, spelling and reading, but they will never be educated in emotional thoughts which is also important. This school can not get any worse and if you erase this i will know that you are controlling what stays on and goes off I have you figured out, i was a STUDENT or as they might call me a MINION but i got out of there at the end of fourth grade. i had been there since kindergarten and i never imagined that it could get so bad. I think you know who this is from...

Posted August 29, 2013
This is our family's fourth year at Cambridge Academy, and we couldn't be more impressed. I have a third grader, a first grader, and a kindergartener there; as with all families, my children are each unique and have very different strengths, challenges, and interests. The teachers at Cambridge have been able to acknowledge and celebrate these traits, rather than attempt to fit my children into a mold. The curriculum is challenging while remaining fun and engaging, the numerous extra-curricular activities are enriching and well planned, and the campus is clean and inviting. The thing about Cambridge that I value above all else is the genuine interest in, concern, and love for each student (and family). The teachers, office staff, and administrators take the time to get to really get to know each child and his or her family. I feel safe and confident dropping my kiddos off every morning.

Posted July 29, 2013
Cambridge Academy is a public charter school. All teachers here in subject areas and music are not only degreed but highly qualified as mandated by the AZ Deptartment of Education. The only positions that are not mandated to be degreed are PE and Art. The PE teacher you are talking about only teaches the boys in 5th and 6th grade. He is a highly motivated and certified in fitness. The boys are thrilled to have him and excited to learn from him. He is following the Common Core curriculum also mandated by the Department of Education.

Posted July 29, 2013
I know on the surface it may seem odd to have such a young PE instructor, but honestly my son loves it. No longer are PE teachers standing on the sidelines watching the action, they are involved in leading the students in active healthy activities. Bravo Cambridge for being bold enough to try something new.

Cambridge Academy East
9412 East Brown Rd, Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Cambridge Academy East is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.