School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The vision of Cambridge Academy East is an excelling, achievement-oriented environment where children in grades K-8 learn, master, and eventually apply foundational skills in a sequence that logically builds from the most basic elementary content to increasingly higher order conceptual thinking. We are a school committed to the family, embracing the notion that the school is an extension of the home, and therefore we must work together to achieve success. It is our belief that all children have the ability to achieve greatness and become the person they dream of being. At Cambridge Academy East, we provide a rigorous and Arizona State Standards aligned curriculum, disciplined environment where our students are academically and socially prepared to excel in demanding college preparatory schools.
April 12, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is my sons 3rd year at Cambridge and he loves it. The school grounds are very nice with grass and large playground equipment. They offer a lot of extracurricular activities during and after school. The teachers and staff are all top notch. And most importantly, I know my son is getting a well rounded, solid education! I love that they don't just teach to the test! They teach in very engaging ways that will last throughout the child's lifetime!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teachers are stellar and have a talent for adapting and adjusting their methods to meet the needs of all students.

Amount of homework: Agree

Not too much, and not too little. Homework is given only to reinforce the skills learned in class and not as a substitute or filler for lacking in class instruction.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Unlike the many schools that use character traits as a guide, Cambridge follows the simple rules of life that they refer to as T.R.A.C.K.S. Every class has the same guidelines - Trust, Respect, Accountability, Cooperation, Kindness, Safety.

Sending my children to Cambridge Academy was the best decision I could have made. I have seen my son grow from a shy and timid kindergartener to a confident and compassionate 6th grader. My daughter is currently in 1st grade and she absolutely loves it. Everyone at the school is very approachable and there truly is a sense of community. There are many fun activities, the classes are small, and, from what I’ve seen, discipline issues are minimal. This school focuses on raising good people, not just on achieving high scores.

My boys have been attending since kindergarten and it has been an amazing experience! The classes are smaller with teachers that are well rounded, highly qualified (some with masters degress) and can actually spend time teaching your child. They are incredibly dedicated and genuinely care for your child' total well being. My children learn there because it is fun and natural for them in this schools positive environment.

I am so proud to be a part of this amazing school! Our teachers are innovative and forward thinking, our students are happy and motivated to learn. Our school may be small but there are incredible things happening here. We are ranked #3 in Arizona of highly performing schools!!!

Great School. My IEP child never met standards on AIMS until his 6th grade. He went to half of 5th and all of 6th grade at Cambridge. I had two boys there and they both did really well. The teachers are kind and dedicated. The principle is fab and the rest of the staff is very helpful and friendly. The other students are generally very holsom and friendly as well

I love this school. This is my daughters first year and it just going so fantastic I couldn't ask for any better. They have a ton of fun family events, the staff is friendly and courteous and they have great after school clubs. The dance club is wonderful. They all get to be involved in extra dance activities such as performing at the state fair, enter into competitions, and they learn a variety of dances and styles. I also love that it is a fairly small school, so all the parents get to recognize and know each other as well as other staff members. It is not just a school but a community. My daughter has learned so much. They have exceeded my expectations and more.

Good luck on keeping your comment on here. They DO erase ALL of the negative comments.

Last modified Cambridge Academy East is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.