Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Ms. Carla Brown is an amazing English teacher. Mr David Wolfe is a great Social Studies teacher my daughter loves to go to class and learn from him.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Yes I do. They have standards they make the kids follow and consequences if rules are broken. They know what the codes of conducts are and what their punishments will be if broken.

Posted November 18, 2015
My daughter is a 7th grader at Carson. Before coming to Carson she had been struggling in elementary school and I was worried concerning her grades and going into Jr High. She is excelling in school. She is on the honor roll. All of her teachers are amazing. She is happy and I am extremely happy. The staff at the school is great as well. I'm very happy that I sent my daughter to Carson Jr High.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted September 27, 2015
The teachers and staff seemed to genuinely care about the students learning. Even if some of the kids acted like they needed to be in jail rather than a learning environment.

Carson Junior High School 4

Posted September 27, 2015
We moved to AZ and unfortunately did not research schools properly. Compared to our last school, Carson students made it look like the getto, but the teachers and staff seemed to work really hard at reaching the students. The band program is amazing as well.

Posted November 05, 2014
Carson Jr. High is a great school ! The days I got to stay at Carson were great ! I met new friends , new teachers , new people , and new things I didn't know about. The teachers at that school are great ! My favorite teacher was Mrs.Ruiz ! She helped me get better with my English and also with my grammar!The principal is a great guy!I moved from Carson. I cried on my last day, it was sad leaving my friends behind and moving to another school . I mean I had A's & B's when I went to Carson , but then I moved to Kyrene Middle School and my grades went down.I went from A's & B's to C's & F's. I'm moving back to Carson though (: which makes me really glad ! Carson Jr. High is a great school ! If you're a Carson student don't forget that " Once a cougar, always a cougar! " !

Carson Junior High School 2

Posted October 02, 2014
I'm already frustrated by administration incompetence. Nobody ever calls me back or responds to my emails. The website has tons of broken links and references to obsolete info. My son seems to like his teachers, and that about sums it up. The Robotics Club never runs because of attendance. Well, attendance is lacking because they never run the club meetings. It's not promoted or advertised on the website. I'm finding Common Core UNDERwhelming and dumbed down; and, I don't believe that our kids will progress adequately. My son told me that half of the 7th grade year will be spent on review. What??? Seriously? There is never ever any homework. So, no learning then? Awesome. I hate and resent that our financial position forced us to move into town and pull my son from an A rated charter school and put him into the worst performing public middle school in Mesa. I've tried giving this school a chance but when you don't fix the easy stuff, well...... How can we improve this school? For starters, fix the website that I've asked to be updated since July and return calls and emails. Also, put the parent FIAT meetings on the calendar so parents know when they can attend the meetings.

Carson Junior High School 3

Posted April 09, 2011
wow.... well, I use to be a teacher before and one thing for sure we can not really have any control on their foul launguage... that comes from home! And I am about to move into the area and my son does need special education... just a little consern because I want him to learn and not b behind and let him slide. I can not rate it but will b back to give my feed back when he is really in. Wish me luck!!

Posted March 10, 2010
I am attending this school at the moment and the school is the greatest school in the district!

Posted March 05, 2010
My son goes to this school and I am looking for something else for him. He is failing all 6 classes. His teachers are helpful. They send home his 'missing' assignments 2 and 3 times, but no one enforces any penalties when he doesn't do the work. I have asked for an alternative or some sort of help with my son who just refused to do his work. Counselors can not help and informed me that they have no retention program. He can fail all classes and never get held back. How is this going to help him next year? They are also not at liberty to recommend alternative programs or schools. The school wants to keep my tax money right there at the expense of my son's education. If your kid has behavior or learning problems, don't send them here. They just don't care enough to deal with it.

525 N Westwood, Mesa, AZ  85201
Last modified Carson Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carson Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top