Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This is the second year my daughter has attended Vista Grove and I can tell you that this school really does make a difference in my child's life. The teacher's there have given my daughter support as well as their time and attention that she's needed to succeed. I've seen the passion that these teachers have and admire their abilities to find creative ways to introduce some of the complicated materials they must teach. I find comfort in knowing that my child attends a school where diversity is celebrated and being different is viewed positively. I would absolutely recommend this school to any parent who would like to see their child thrive in life and build confidence in themselves. Keep up the great work!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This is the second year my daughter has attended Vista Grove and I can tell you that this school really does make a difference in my child's life. The teachers there have given my daughter support as well as their time and attention to ensure that she's able to succeed and find confidence in herself. It is extremely important for me to find a school that I can trust as well as rely on and it's comforting to that this school meets both of those needs. The teachers are passionate at what they do and find creative ways to introduce new topics to our child. I would absolutely recommend this school to any parent looking for a better education for their child! I am confident that my child is in good hands! Keep up the great work!

My daughter flourished at VGPA where the small classroom sizes allowed her to get the one on one attention that she needed! Not only are the teachers dedicated to what they do, but the office staff is out of this world! The ladies who work in the front office go above and beyond to make every child and parent feel welcome!

The school is very family oriented and has a very positive atmosphere. Everyone knows everyone and that makes it feel very welcoming. When a problem does arise, the teachers and staff are very open to communicating and figuring out the best solution for everyone involved.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

From the moment my child started attending Vista Grove Preparatory Academy, I noticed a tremendous change in his attitude towards school and in his self esteem. He went from hating school and being shy and withdrawn, to loving school and becoming an outgoing and enthusiastic child. He now comes home with a smile on his face and stories to tell about what he learned and the friends he made. I have the teachers and staff of VGPA to thank!

Develops character: Agree

With a diverse student population they have taught my children honesty and fairness. They have also taught them to look up to adults and peers.

My experience as a parent is I have always had open communications with my kids teachers and administration. They have scored well in their state testing (meeting all tests) and have built lifelong friends at school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son's have done very well at Vista Grove and the Leona group schools. My oldest son promoted from Vista Grove in 8th grade and went onto Sun Valley high School where he will graduate in his Junior year. My Younger son is going into 6th grade and is so excited about his teacher. He has thrived at Vista and has met all his AIMS tests due to what he has been taught there.

Here's a list of issues from my daughter's kindergarten school year (2014-2015). 1. They fed her eggs, when it says in her registration paperwork that she's allergic to eggs. She had a severe reaction. 2. She's had multiple teachers in the past year. I lost count. Kindergarteners are the most sensitive to these types of changes. 3. Her first choir concert, the teacher had the kids start singing their one and only song for the performance and 4-5 kids weren't on the stage yet. 4. Spring picture info wasn't sent home. I found out about them from my daughter the night before. If she hadn't told me and i order them the next morning, they would've never taken an individual picture. 5. Event/Spirit Week info was always relayed by my daughter because Vista doesn't use their site's event calendar or their FB page to notify anyone of anything. 6. One day their "snack" for the afternoon was a cup of grape tomatoes. They should have a better options. 7. For the next school year, I tried to get my kiddo into 1st grade at a different charters school and she only tested high enough to repeat Kindergarten. Don't send your kid here if you care at all about their education or well-being.

I think that it is important to consider a few things when choosing a school for your child: your child's strengths and weaknesses, academics, social awareness, school resources and staff competency. This school, although claiming to be a "preparatory academy", is not a school.The staff is sub-par, poorly trained, not professional and insensitive to the individuality of children.The majority of the children attending this school are children in dire financial need, some are almost homeless and many speak little to no English. Although attention to these matters are critical, it takes up the majority of the schools resources taking away from true academics ("preparatory academy" for what?), special needs, physical education and teaching the faculty the importance of professionalism and accepting the uniqueness of children. I believe that this group that guides and molds these children need to take courses on responsibly and professionally working with children and parents. The classes are NOT small, and individuality is NOT welcome. They can also advertise on their website, the real school and what they are preparing children for - it's not real life or college for that matter.

Last modified Vista Grove Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.