Public charter
Mesa, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted October 27, 2014
Our son has Aspergers and after being disappointed by the lack of services offered by Mesa Public Schools, we started looking elsewhere. Other MPS schools wouldn't touch him and said go back to Wilson. We approached several charter schools and were essentially told, "We'll take him, but don't want to have to do anything special to help," disappointing. Then we discovered Liberty Arts after a friend enrolled their son there. Small class sizes meant the teacher could learn about his special needs. She learned his triggers and how to help him manage them and now he's in the top of his class and fitting in well. Our son went from a child that was frustrated and crying many days, to a kid that wakes up and is ready for school all on his own, anxious to learn.

Posted October 25, 2014
I am the parent of an excelling 7th grader. LAA has made learning fun for him. He enjoys his small class sizes and the hand-on projects that his 3 teachers engage him in each week. He comes home and tells me how much he learned, and how excited he is for the next big project in math, reading, science and history. He also gets a well rounded education including Nation Junior Honor Society, PE, Visual Arts, sports club, creative writer's club, dances and family events. This school is what I remember school being like when I was growing up. The staff and principal are caring and provide excellent customer service. We are very happy being part of the LAA family and I would recommend this school to anyone who cares deeply about their child's academic success and emotional well-being. Thank you LAA!

Posted October 18, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at libirty arts academy. She orniganly was in queen creek school with crowded classroom and teachers that where spread to thin to give any extra help. My daughter was unhappy and struggling and her teachers did not care. So we started looking at charter school. After many school tours we decided LAA was the best fit. My daughters grades have gone backup. The teachers care and always communicate with parents. She's happy to go to school every morning! I've seen such a difference and she has just blossomed into a wounderful 6th grader that is just eager to learn!

Posted October 16, 2014
This is my daughters 2nd year at LAA. She attended 5th grade and is in 6th. The academics are above standard (even when compared to Gilbert "10's) There has been some transition this year with Performing Arts (the great teacher left and was not replaced) and it seems the performing arts aspect left with her. Have not seen or heard anything in regards to any "arts" what so ever and the bus situation is horrible. We will finish 6th grade but the determining factor will be the "arts" program for next year.

Posted April 02, 2014
I absolutely love Liberty arts Academy. The teachers and staff are loving caring and on top of things. I have an 8th grader with Autism. Teachers and staff have been nothing but patient, understanding and loving to him. I also have a 6 grader who is in honor roll. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted January 28, 2014
My daughter loves this school and I think it offers a wonderful education for all grade levels and stays with the current times in technology!

Posted December 30, 2013
We love LAA! My children are doing very well, they have recieved honor roll for 1st & 2nd quarters. Their teachers are excellent. My children have been involved with the after school sports & dance clubs, as well as yearbook. We like the small size of the school. My children are known my name by most staff members. It's a family. I look forward to watching them progress and grow at LAA.

Posted September 14, 2013
This school is an amazing place! Although it has gone through changes, it remains to be a strong academic program, all while supporting the whole child. The leadership at LAA believes in putting the students first. Parents are respected and valued. They offer after school sports, dance and clubs. During school their students have PE and music, in addition to art integrated into their mainstream classroom. It is always easy to talk to the principal if I have a question. LAA is like being part if a big family! We love our children's school!

Posted September 09, 2013
LAA is full of caring individuals who do their best to promote a positive and friendly learning environment. LAA has gone through a few changes over the past year, and is striving to put together the best staff possible. Many improvements have been made since the change in leadership including 3 new smart boards, bus improvements, and the promotion of a more kind/caring atmosphere. I agree, some programs were cut from the school such as sports and art, but others were put in their place (After school sports club, dance, PE, etc). Certain things need to be built from the ground up, which is what is happening with the extra cirricular activities. I would expect to see organized sports back within a year or two. Just before my son exits the school. We love LAA!

Liberty Arts Academy 1

Posted September 08, 2013
This used to be an amazing school. It is no longer. They no longer care about supporting a well rounded child. Cuts to sports, art, and classroom supplies make it feel like a business. I am nickle and dimed at every turn. Test scores are the most important thing, a love for learning falls far below on the list. The amazing teachers we loved left when the school began to change. We tried to see how it would be, but the results are in. We have left laa and it was not an easy choice to take my kids away from their friends. But I cannot allow them to continue to go to this school which now I would describe as cold and in caring.

Liberty Arts Academy
3015 S. Power Road, Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Liberty Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top