Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Posted June 25, 2015
Liberty is a fabulous little school. We were searching for a small, caring school, and we found it at LAA! The teachers and principal are always asking how we are, they all know our names and they truly care about how our children are growing academically and emotionally. Thank you LAA!

Liberty Arts Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
LAA has a wonderful Character Education program. My children receive weekly lessons from their school counselor on honesty, integrity and fairness (as well as other traits). We are so happy when our kids come home and want to teach us about how they learned to be better people each day. This school is awesome!

Posted April 19, 2015
My kids have been attending LAA for 5 years! We have been so happy here. My kids are learning so much. We absolutely love their teachers and Ms. Angel! This school is like a family. I know my kids are cared for & their needs are being met. My kids love all of the extra activities after school. We look forward to many more years at LAA!!

Posted October 27, 2014
Our son has Aspergers and after being disappointed by the lack of services offered by Mesa Public Schools, we started looking elsewhere. Other MPS schools wouldn't touch him and said go back to Wilson. We approached several charter schools and were essentially told, "We'll take him, but don't want to have to do anything special to help," disappointing. Then we discovered Liberty Arts after a friend enrolled their son there. Small class sizes meant the teacher could learn about his special needs. She learned his triggers and how to help him manage them and now he's in the top of his class and fitting in well. Our son went from a child that was frustrated and crying many days, to a kid that wakes up and is ready for school all on his own, anxious to learn.

Posted October 25, 2014
I am the parent of an excelling 7th grader. LAA has made learning fun for him. He enjoys his small class sizes and the hand-on projects that his 3 teachers engage him in each week. He comes home and tells me how much he learned, and how excited he is for the next big project in math, reading, science and history. He also gets a well rounded education including Nation Junior Honor Society, PE, Visual Arts, sports club, creative writer's club, dances and family events. This school is what I remember school being like when I was growing up. The staff and principal are caring and provide excellent customer service. We are very happy being part of the LAA family and I would recommend this school to anyone who cares deeply about their child's academic success and emotional well-being. Thank you LAA!

Posted October 18, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at libirty arts academy. She orniganly was in queen creek school with crowded classroom and teachers that where spread to thin to give any extra help. My daughter was unhappy and struggling and her teachers did not care. So we started looking at charter school. After many school tours we decided LAA was the best fit. My daughters grades have gone backup. The teachers care and always communicate with parents. She's happy to go to school every morning! I've seen such a difference and she has just blossomed into a wounderful 6th grader that is just eager to learn!

Liberty Arts Academy 4

Posted October 16, 2014
This is my daughters 2nd year at LAA. She attended 5th grade and is in 6th. The academics are above standard (even when compared to Gilbert "10's) There has been some transition this year with Performing Arts (the great teacher left and was not replaced) and it seems the performing arts aspect left with her. Have not seen or heard anything in regards to any "arts" what so ever and the bus situation is horrible. We will finish 6th grade but the determining factor will be the "arts" program for next year.

Posted April 02, 2014
I absolutely love Liberty arts Academy. The teachers and staff are loving caring and on top of things. I have an 8th grader with Autism. Teachers and staff have been nothing but patient, understanding and loving to him. I also have a 6 grader who is in honor roll. I strongly recommend this school.

Liberty Arts Academy 4

Posted January 28, 2014
My daughter loves this school and I think it offers a wonderful education for all grade levels and stays with the current times in technology!

Posted September 14, 2013
This school is an amazing place! Although it has gone through changes, it remains to be a strong academic program, all while supporting the whole child. The leadership at LAA believes in putting the students first. Parents are respected and valued. They offer after school sports, dance and clubs. During school their students have PE and music, in addition to art integrated into their mainstream classroom. It is always easy to talk to the principal if I have a question. LAA is like being part if a big family! We love our children's school!

Liberty Arts Academy
3015 S. Power Road, Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Liberty Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Arts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top