Posted August 22, 2014
My child has been at Crismon since Kindergarten and is now in 5th Grade. My 2nd child just started school there this year in Kindergarten. Up until last year we were always very happy with Crismon. But now, and especially this year, we are completely fed up with this school and the principal. The school is being run like a prison. The principal is cold and feels very unapproachable. This year there were 34 kids in my daughters class before just this week they finally hired a new teacher. There are 29 kids in my sons kindergarten class and no plans of hiring another teacher for that grade. There is no way that our kids can receive adequate attention or a quality education with that many children in the class rooms. I will say that THE TEACHERS AT CRISMON ARE FANTASTIC. Unfortunately the district policy and the principal are not. It is unfortunate that they say there is no money for funding more teachers or proper supplies yet the district spent millions of dollars on fencing and security cameras that supposedly keep our kids "safe". This is teaching our kids to live in a "fear based" way and the school feels more like a jail than a safe and welcoming environment.

Posted September 18, 2013
We just started at Crismon this year and we moved from out of state. I'm still getting used to things, but I've already had several unfriendly and frankly offensive encounters with teachers and staff. They come off quite rude at times. A teacher accused me of being a bad mom when my daughter got confused as to where I would meet her after school one day and then I got an "Official Notice of Suspension" for my 5 yr old because one of his shots was given too early!! Couldn't they just call?! And there have been several more encounters that just leave a very feeling, you know? As far as education, I think it is average or even slightly above average, but frankly if you have to deal with mean people every day, it'd be better to go someplace else.

Posted October 30, 2012
The teachers at Crismon "go above and beyond" in their professionalism, dedication to the students, communication skills with parents, and abilities to facilitate the educational process in a safe environment. Each student is expected to succeed, be respectful and is treated with respect. Unfortunately the Principal is not very supportive of these ideals, the teachers, the students, or the parents.

Posted August 16, 2012
Although we love Crismon,( the teachers and the staff are wonderful), we miss Mr. McDonald as principal. It seems the current principal is more concerned about playing "traffic cop" to the parents who drop off and pick up their children, than the children's well being. Parents are supposed to wait in a single-file line when dropping off children; having to wait until all the cars ahead finish dropping off their kids before the kids can exit the car. Don't they realize that many parents have jobs and can't afford to wait that long in the parking lot? Us parents are grownups...Let us figure out the best way to safely enter and exit the parking lot! Our child was scolded by a "traffic enforcer" the other morning! If the school has a problem with how the parents drop off the kids, a note home would suffice...Don't involve the kids!

Posted August 09, 2012
My child has attended Crismon for 6 years. Last year we received a new principal who's priorities are not the students. She has compromised the safety and education of students and lacks interpersonal and leadership skills. The teachers are wonderful and work hard to help the students. We've decided to leave this school after seeing first hand the downward direction that it's headed.

Posted March 24, 2012
Crismon is a diverse school in a diverse neighborhood, however, there are plenty of nice families of all ethnicities here. I see more young families and even young couples moving into houses, walking dogs, jogging etc..than I did even five years ago. If you have a problem with diversity and having your children being around kids of other socio-economic and ethnic groups, then you will be uncomfortable with this assortment of children and parents. I have seen children being brought up to a higher level and not other children being brought down. The teachers do an excellent job of setting the climate and expectations that all students follow. Mesa can't keep doing the same things and expecting a different outcome-that's insanity. Staff and programs may change, but it is important to keep up with other districts who are better at changing with the times and not so hell-bent on keeping the status-quo. This is a time of change. Crismon's facilities are comparable, if not better than other area schools, all classes have technology-computers, document cameras, projectors, Smart Boards and the school building and grounds are always clean when I am there.

Posted March 16, 2012
We are moving, and one of the big reasons we decided to was, 1- the neighborhood, and 2- the school.. we did not want our second daughter to start at this school. The teachers themselves, are good, they are genuine people who care, the district itself is in bad shape, budget cuts have left the teachers with little but outdated tools to teach our children.. my daughter had 3 children in her Kindergarten class who could not even speak English.I feel the teachers are over worked trying to bring these children up to the same level,this sometimes shows in frustration and inability to really listen to the children. My daughter was "punished" for talking because the little boy next to her in class could not understand the directions and was asking her for help.. so she would help him and then be punished and labled the troublemaker.. to me this is unnacceptable. It made her feel terrible and a bright child who once loved school, became discouraged by the constant negative comments from the teacher. I disagree with the possitive vibe one said you get from this school. It feels dated, old, dirty, ill equiped, crammed, and overall just not what I want my child to be in 6 hours a day.

Posted July 25, 2011
I'm nervous to see how the school year will go this year. A lot of kids came in with really low levels, I found the teachers having to accommodate the kids who couldn't hit the mark, and the ones that did were not challenged enough. Discipline problems were not dealt with at a satisfactory time frame, and my child suffered with bullies. I am giving it one more year, because we moved from a private school to come here, and I don't want to have to uproot my children one more time.

Posted July 21, 2011
I would love to know who did the reveiw March 28, 2011. I couldn't have said it better myself. We live in the neighborhood but just transferred our child to a Gilbert school. The office people and the teachers are wonderful. Unfortunately, they have too many things stacked against them to effeciently run their classrooms. Mesa District has made too many cuts causing the quality of Crismon to deteriorate.

Posted March 28, 2011
My daughter had 2-6 grades here, my son 2-4th so far. It has always been the best of the best. This year the other local school was absorbed now in my sons class there are 32 to 1 ratio! They can not even moved the chair without bumping into the kid behind them. This wonderful school with it's wonderful staff is being ruined by MPS to conserve costs by closing the other school. The new kids have not had the disciplinary (trust,responsibility, academics, citizenship kindness, safety), methods and are in large part rather disruptive. My son is asking to change schools this year. Being a rather high IQ kid he is left in the dust. Behavior is suffering as he is just so frustrated. The poor teacher has to repeat herself so much that lessons are not able to be taught without kids staying in at recess. Hardened kids are now here from other schools.

Crismon Elementary School
825 W Medina, Mesa, AZ  85210
Last modified Crismon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crismon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top