Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school has been amazing! We had started our daughter off at another school and quickly moved to crimson after an awful start to the year. Crismon has been amazing for the past three years. Would highly recommend this school. The principal is out every morning ensuring safe drop off. She does a fantastic job at ensuring the school is ran properly and efficiently. When I have had an issue, it is quickly resolved by teacher. All teachers we have had are amazing and truly care for the students success.

Develops character: Strongly agree

All of my kids who have moved on to jr. high are in honors classes and do community service. This was cultivated at Crismon.

Crismon is a fantastic school. I have three children who all attend or have attended. My kids that are now in Junior High are in all of the advanced/honors classes. They strive for academic success, teach diversity and understanding, and most of all cultivate that learning is fun. I would recommend this school to anyone.

My child has been at Crismon since Kindergarten and is now in 5th Grade. My 2nd child just started school there this year in Kindergarten. Up until last year we were always very happy with Crismon. But now, and especially this year, we are completely fed up with this school and the principal. The school is being run like a prison. The principal is cold and feels very unapproachable. This year there were 34 kids in my daughters class before just this week they finally hired a new teacher. There are 29 kids in my sons kindergarten class and no plans of hiring another teacher for that grade. There is no way that our kids can receive adequate attention or a quality education with that many children in the class rooms. I will say that THE TEACHERS AT CRISMON ARE FANTASTIC. Unfortunately the district policy and the principal are not. It is unfortunate that they say there is no money for funding more teachers or proper supplies yet the district spent millions of dollars on fencing and security cameras that supposedly keep our kids "safe". This is teaching our kids to live in a "fear based" way and the school feels more like a jail than a safe and welcoming environment.

We just started at Crismon this year and we moved from out of state. I'm still getting used to things, but I've already had several unfriendly and frankly offensive encounters with teachers and staff. They come off quite rude at times. A teacher accused me of being a bad mom when my daughter got confused as to where I would meet her after school one day and then I got an "Official Notice of Suspension" for my 5 yr old because one of his shots was given too early!! Couldn't they just call?! And there have been several more encounters that just leave a very feeling, you know? As far as education, I think it is average or even slightly above average, but frankly if you have to deal with mean people every day, it'd be better to go someplace else.

The teachers at Crismon "go above and beyond" in their professionalism, dedication to the students, communication skills with parents, and abilities to facilitate the educational process in a safe environment. Each student is expected to succeed, be respectful and is treated with respect. Unfortunately the Principal is not very supportive of these ideals, the teachers, the students, or the parents.

Although we love Crismon,( the teachers and the staff are wonderful), we miss Mr. McDonald as principal. It seems the current principal is more concerned about playing "traffic cop" to the parents who drop off and pick up their children, than the children's well being. Parents are supposed to wait in a single-file line when dropping off children; having to wait until all the cars ahead finish dropping off their kids before the kids can exit the car. Don't they realize that many parents have jobs and can't afford to wait that long in the parking lot? Us parents are grownups...Let us figure out the best way to safely enter and exit the parking lot! Our child was scolded by a "traffic enforcer" the other morning! If the school has a problem with how the parents drop off the kids, a note home would suffice...Don't involve the kids!

My child has attended Crismon for 6 years. Last year we received a new principal who's priorities are not the students. She has compromised the safety and education of students and lacks interpersonal and leadership skills. The teachers are wonderful and work hard to help the students. We've decided to leave this school after seeing first hand the downward direction that it's headed.

Crismon is a diverse school in a diverse neighborhood, however, there are plenty of nice families of all ethnicities here. I see more young families and even young couples moving into houses, walking dogs, jogging etc..than I did even five years ago. If you have a problem with diversity and having your children being around kids of other socio-economic and ethnic groups, then you will be uncomfortable with this assortment of children and parents. I have seen children being brought up to a higher level and not other children being brought down. The teachers do an excellent job of setting the climate and expectations that all students follow. Mesa can't keep doing the same things and expecting a different outcome-that's insanity. Staff and programs may change, but it is important to keep up with other districts who are better at changing with the times and not so hell-bent on keeping the status-quo. This is a time of change. Crismon's facilities are comparable, if not better than other area schools, all classes have technology-computers, document cameras, projectors, Smart Boards and the school building and grounds are always clean when I am there.

We are moving, and one of the big reasons we decided to was, 1- the neighborhood, and 2- the school.. we did not want our second daughter to start at this school. The teachers themselves, are good, they are genuine people who care, the district itself is in bad shape, budget cuts have left the teachers with little but outdated tools to teach our children.. my daughter had 3 children in her Kindergarten class who could not even speak English.I feel the teachers are over worked trying to bring these children up to the same level,this sometimes shows in frustration and inability to really listen to the children. My daughter was "punished" for talking because the little boy next to her in class could not understand the directions and was asking her for help.. so she would help him and then be punished and labled the troublemaker.. to me this is unnacceptable. It made her feel terrible and a bright child who once loved school, became discouraged by the constant negative comments from the teacher. I disagree with the possitive vibe one said you get from this school. It feels dated, old, dirty, ill equiped, crammed, and overall just not what I want my child to be in 6 hours a day.

Last modified Crismon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.