Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We are going into our second year with this school and could not be more pleased. I chose this school over the local public schools because of its higher commitment to education, ratio of students to a teacher, and also the teaching of the seven habits. My son thrived in kindergarten and keeps asking when school is starting because he missed it. The teachers genuinely care for your child, as does the rest of the staff. You can tell Mr. Sinclair (the director) loves his job and really wants each individual child to succeed. I also love that this school still does the pledge of allegiance every morning, and that they require a higher level of parent involvement. I could not say enough great things about this school.

We are going into our 4th year at ALA Mesa and love it! The teachers and staff are amazing and do all they can to help my children to exceed! They stay on top of the best curriculum , promote the seven habits and value parents input. This was our best decision ever!

My kids have all wanted to come to this school since it was created.The Kids as well as my wife and I have been impressed with the school ever since. We love their traditional education approach. Unlike some Schools they seem to have just the right balance here. Thank You

My child is in his second year at ALA Mesa, and we could not be more pleased as parents. We chose this over our local AJ school district in Gold Canyon because of the tougher curriculum, required uniforms, the 7 habits, and the fact that ALA has grass instead of just a dirt playground like the AJ schools (my son is allergic to dust, so that is an issue for me). My son has had two great teachers, Miss Pope in kindergarten and Ms. Olmstead in 1st grade. Miss Pope was awesome! She did a great job involving the parents, and she has the perfect disposition for teaching young ones. She is sweet yet firm. Ms. Olmstead is really dedicated and enthusiastic. The staff at ALA all seem happy and dedicated. The curriculum is rigorous, and the addition of the 7 habits teaches good life skills. I like that the school requires parental involvement (thought it doesn't seem to be too strict about the accounting of it). The involvement requirement seems to attract parents who are dedicated to their kids' schooling, which makes the classroom stronger since the parents support the teachers.

We moved to the area from out of state and were very surprised by the number of schools to choose from, not just the one we were zoned for. We are so impressed by the level of teacher and parent involvement, the regular incorporation of the Covey 7 Habits, and many fundamental elementary requirements that we had, that we know we made the best choice in sending our children to ALA.

To the parent stating that ALA Mesa only got a "C" in state rating is wrong. The report for 2012 came out yesterday and all of the ALA elementary received a "A" Grading. Do some research before reporting something that is not true.

They are very unorganized.They don't provide enough facilities for kids. Don't enroll in this school.

How can parents be happy about the ALA Mesa Elementary when they barely got a "C" grade from the State of Arizona... They pulled a terrible stunt midyear by putting together the two fifth grade classes. They are elevating the PE teacher to one of the 6th grade teachers with no experience whatsoever... a disaster on the rise.

My daughter attended half day Kinder at ALA Mesa, We are very pleased with the knowledge she received at this school. The Franklin Covey 7 habits were a big reason why we chose the school. Even with Half day she learned a lot and she was always challenged. Her half day teacher was great I highly recommend Miss Pope.

My children have attended ALA since my oldest started kindergarten- attending the Gilbert campus until Mesa opened in 2012. We have been nothing but pleased with the education they receive. They are learning things that are easily a year or 2 ahead of what we consider grade level but most importantly they are learning skills and habits that make them productive and respective leaders amongst their peers. The principal is very friendly and involved closely with parents. Volunteering is mandatory when you have students enrolled, which I believe causes parents to be more involved in their child's education and in turn helps the child do even better. We really appreciate that our children attend specials, especially music- which we believe to be incredibly important in schooling. If you want a laid back, non-strict, typical schooling experience, ALA is likely not the school for your child.

Last modified Ala Mesa is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.