Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Posted February 16, 2015
I am the Dean of Students of STEP Up schools this year. In all honesty, I am very saddened by the previous review dated Feb. 4 of 2015. My reason for this is because I never once heard from this parent about the concerns listed in the review. If I had, I would have put full resources into meeting this parent's needs much better. In fact, our school currently holds a wait list of parents who desire for their students to be in our school because of the wonderful education and student care happening at the establishment. Additionally, our lunchroom is an "A" rated food establishment. This means we are given the highest rating the Dept of Health could give to an eating establishment. Everything we serve is healthy and safely prepared outside the kitchen and served with great care. We have an amazing food service at the school. Once again, I am sorry this parent didn't choose to seek out help with his/her concerns regarding their child's education/food service needs. I guarantee if they had, the review would have been much more favorable.

Step Up School 1

Posted February 04, 2015
I do not think this school has children interest at heart. The teachers are rude to the parents, the lunch is served in the same room as copier machines with toner. My child never wanted to go to school and came home with tears every day. There are two certain teacher who are bully students. the classrooms are a true hazard to student, and fire codes must not be a concern. This place needs to be shut down.

Posted September 02, 2014
STEP UP staff works diligently to help students achieve their best academically and enhances social skills through life skill training.

Posted August 07, 2014
I am more than pleased with Step Up School. I have three children here with three different teachers. While each teacher has their own teaching style, they are all competent and loving teachers. I love all the technology. My kids love coming to school, I have no complaints in the morning. Thank you Step UP!

Step Up School 4

Posted July 26, 2014
I am very pleased with the teachers at STEP UP. My child has been shown nothing by love. The teachers and aides are more than capable. Teachers spend countless hours preparing for their students and really try to teach my child where she is.

Posted October 18, 2013
STEP UP Schools provides excellent opportunities for students in the area. Students engage in learning through small groups and class sizes stay under 22. There is an infectious positive atmosphere that helps to focus student learning and achievement.

Step Up School
44 East 5th Street, Mesa, AZ  85201
Last modified Step Up School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Step Up School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top