Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Its really my own inconvenience here. I'm exhausted! But they are striving for parental involvement so I say keep at it- but don't scold me on the few days we run out of time!

My daughter goes here and she is excelling in every possible way. Her school work is great, she socializes and has created positive relationships with the other children in an awesomely diverse environemnt. I love that I have at least some relationship with every adult there and they all likewise embrace every student even if not in their class. This is a family of teachers. The atmosphere they have created is unlike the public school many of us remember, and they have done so much with so little. My child is taught to her level and the teacher will ask me if I prefer to challenge her or let her stay where she is. I can't imagine my child going anywhere else.

I'm a parent of Step Up & 3 of my kids have attended Step Up for the past 3 years. I'm sure that my kids food aren't served on, near,touching the copy machine or toner ink. They have an "A" from the health inspectors hanging in the kitchen. My kids are all extremely different and learn differently & are all very much learning. We went to see Jurassic World and my son could named every type of dinosaur and explain what it eats. The teacher, aides, support staff are all very committed to these children and go above and beyond for them. They do everything to help your child feel welcome, safe and cared about. It's small so my kids get the individual attention and are not just left wondering what in the world is this teacher talking about. If you want a team that is all about your child succeeding, cared about, safe, small groups, indivisible help & not just a number than this is the school for you. Go tour it and see.. #1happymama

I am the Dean of Students of STEP Up schools this year. In all honesty, I am very saddened by the previous review dated Feb. 4 of 2015. My reason for this is because I never once heard from this parent about the concerns listed in the review. If I had, I would have put full resources into meeting this parent's needs much better. In fact, our school currently holds a wait list of parents who desire for their students to be in our school because of the wonderful education and student care happening at the establishment. Additionally, our lunchroom is an "A" rated food establishment. This means we are given the highest rating the Dept of Health could give to an eating establishment. Everything we serve is healthy and safely prepared outside the kitchen and served with great care. We have an amazing food service at the school. Once again, I am sorry this parent didn't choose to seek out help with his/her concerns regarding their child's education/food service needs. I guarantee if they had, the review would have been much more favorable.

I do not think this school has children interest at heart. The teachers are rude to the parents, the lunch is served in the same room as copier machines with toner. My child never wanted to go to school and came home with tears every day. There are two certain teacher who are bully students. the classrooms are a true hazard to student, and fire codes must not be a concern. This place needs to be shut down.

STEP UP staff works diligently to help students achieve their best academically and enhances social skills through life skill training.

I am more than pleased with Step Up School. I have three children here with three different teachers. While each teacher has their own teaching style, they are all competent and loving teachers. I love all the technology. My kids love coming to school, I have no complaints in the morning. Thank you Step UP!

I am very pleased with the teachers at STEP UP. My child has been shown nothing by love. The teachers and aides are more than capable. Teachers spend countless hours preparing for their students and really try to teach my child where she is.

STEP UP Schools provides excellent opportunities for students in the area. Students engage in learning through small groups and class sizes stay under 22. There is an infectious positive atmosphere that helps to focus student learning and achievement.

Last modified Step Up School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.