Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic High School 3

Posted January 26, 2015
I like the Cambridge Curriculum which is why we put my son here. He is currently a gifted student and he definitely had the ability to succeed at this school. However, it appears that they accept all the students that have been expelled or suspended from other schools so there a few bad apples among exceptional students. This is too bad because it affect the overall performance of the students who want to focus on their education. I removed my son from this school mid-year because he continually got bullied and nothing was done about it. The bullying was reported to 2 teachers, the counselor and the principal and still nothing was done to resolve the issue. This student has gotten into multiple altercations with other students including a girl that he hit and he is still at ASU prep. The previous review was incorrect - my son received all his credits from the 1st half of the year when he transferred out of ASU prep as a matter of fact he is ahead in some classes. Overall I think ASU prep offers a good education, but I think they need to review what a "zero tolerence" policy actually means. There seems to be some favoritism with certain students.

Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic High School 4

Posted August 25, 2014
I like the Cambridge Curriculum which is why we put our son here. It helps to develop critical thinking and communication skills. You do need to be aware though that they grade on a yearly grade. If you move during the school year your child will not have a grade and may have to repeat coursework. The school is focused exclusively on the students entering university directly from high school and is very prejudicial against community college. They recruit quite heavily for the students to apply at ASU. They also do not seem to understand that not all of their students come from high income families. Students are allowed to take ASU (university) classes for credit their junior and senior years (if they qualify) but must pay full price . They are not allowed to take community college classes for high school credit. They charge $150/sport and do not allow you to apply that towards your Arizona Tax Credit. I'm giving them four stars because I do believe my son is receiving a good education. We would probably feel more comfortable in a school with a more diverse economic mix and one that understands that not everyone can afford to go directly to a four year university.

Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic High School 5

Posted May 24, 2014
Excellent academic program with outstanding teachers who are very supportive. I only wish they had a music program; perhaps strings.

Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic High School
, Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic High School is a Charter school that serves grade 9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Asu Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top