Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Dobson High School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Our daughter, Cathy Horning, praised the devotion shown by Ron Carpenter to the advancement of each students talents all year. It is obvious watching all the concerts that Ron has a strong desire to bring out the best in all of his students and has succeeded greatly the last two years Cathy has been in his class. thank you for putting up with our kids and seeing through there day to day growing pains.

Posted May 23, 2016
Our daughter is a graduating Sophmore and has had nearly straight "A's" both years. She has not been late for school more than twice in 2 years and cries if she is sick and can't go to school. This is the same girl that was late over 80 days in 6th grade and often in junior high. She loves her teacher's and they make her want to be successful. I never have to bug her about her homework. Thank you Dobson teachers for giving my daughter the desire to learn.

Dobson High School 4

Posted May 19, 2016
Overall not a bad school, however Ms Polakoff is a terrible math teacher, she threatens the kids all the time, she is very unorganized and forgets to log in home work etc. My daughter hates math because of this teacher. somebody needs to do something about this teacher.

Posted September 07, 2014
Many of my friends go to Dobson. Whenever I go to the football games I show my i.d. for the discount and when they see i'm from a different school I immediately got an attitude and was treated poorly as were my friends that go to Dobson. The staff is unbelievably rude. Even the security guards! The school does not seem very clean either, walking to the drinking fountain by the cafeteria I walked past more than 4 roaches and there was a huge spider by the drinking fountain. It was disgusting! I went to go home with my friend one day and I waited 3 MINUTES for their bell to ring and was talking to an old friend once it rang and about to leave, then the security guard knew I wasn't a student and threatened to have me arrested for being on campus, and got in my face and threatened me again! So rude.

Dobson High School 3

Posted May 11, 2014
My daughter is an A student in her second year, but the only real problems have been her math teachers. They both have been very disorganized. They lose her homework all the time. My daughter has to keep track of her homework when turned in because many times it isn't accounted for. The math teachers also don't teach. Both of the ones we have had it is time for them to call it quits for teaching. Some of my daughters friends have had the same problem.

Posted April 15, 2014
This is my son's second year at Dobson and he has always been an A-B student. He has become very depressed at this school and his grades are slipping. I find that the teachers there are super overloaded and there are tons of discipline issues as well. The teachers are having a hard time keeping up with their loads and there seems to be lack of support from the top. The attendance staff is among the rudest I have ever dealt with which is absolutely unacceptable. I will say his counselor this year is great and helpful. Last year I would leave messages for both the counselor and vice principal and they literally would never call back. My son has never had a discipline problem, my calls were about classes and scholastic goals etc. The kind of calls parents should make. Something needs to happen quickly here as I believe both students and teachers are suffering which is damaging our children's learning. My son is in a class where some of the students literally harass the teacher and curse and speak loudly of drug use and abuse in front of the class. This also went on last year as well and it has not been addressed. This failure I believe is being ignored for need of funding. ;-(

Posted April 14, 2014
Dobson High School has developed a new system of keeping students in the classroom rather than suspending them. As a result, many teachers have to deal with students who are disrespectful towards them and/or other students. There are students who disrupt the learning environment for students who actually want to learn; and they do so without any real consequence. Administrators do not have teacher's back in regards to these students who create a non-learning environment in the class. Administrators will often "blame teachers" for student misbehavior, even if a teacher has used every classroom management technique possible. Avoidance is in the air, and students who break the rules, are aware of this. It is a statistical fact that "teacher satisfaction is at its all time low." Perhaps teachers are tired of spending all their time on classroom management, rather than actually teaching. Having a laxed attitude about discipline is setting the school up for a potential disaster(s). There is a popular cliche, "one bad apple ruins the bunch." Dobson High School prides themselves on "keeping the bad apples in the classrooms," ruining the learning for all.

Posted March 06, 2014
Dobson is the best school there is ! DHS does not only wear blue we were dobson blue t he home color teachers are great everyone should go here ! There girls soccer program is amazing and so is every other sport gooooo mustangs

Posted March 04, 2014
Dobson is a great highschool to go to,everyone is friendly ,teachers are good at helping ,I used to go to dobson a year ago & will be soon transfering back,one of the best schools in arizona that ive been too. Staff is ok .

Dobson High School 1

Posted February 28, 2014
After seeing the recent reviews, I'm glad to see it's not just my family having issues with Dobson. My daughter has always been a B-C student but this year (9th grade) her grades have slipped and she has come home frustrated saying the teacher don't teach the subject. I called several teachers and only received 1 call back and she was very rude on the phone because I was taking up her time. I tried calling the counselor several times, left messages, no call back. I called her asst principle and left several messages, no call back. Very frustrating.. I'll look for other options next year...

Dobson High School
1501 W Guadalupe, Mesa, AZ  85202
Last modified Dobson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.