Posted December 31, 2013
Patterson Elementary School is an exceptional school because they care about the whole student and not just test scores. I have had three children who have gone through the K-6 grades and all have left loving learning. They love and miss Patterson.

Posted August 10, 2012
My son attends first grade at patterson, and as a special needs kid, this school has been great in working as a team with me to figure out what needs to be accomodated with my son! I could not have done it without this school! From the principal all the way down to the aides....it's been a great experience!

Posted October 23, 2011
I have had 3 of my children attend Patterson, one of which went from K-6. I love this school! The staff and teachers were always respectful to me and my children. My kids have always loved the principal and would run up to give her a hug. Out of all the kids there, she always remembered their names. I think they give just the right amount of homework. Between my 3 children, they have had 10 different teachers. There has been only one whose teaching style I didn't like. As the PARENT, I found ways to teach my child differently to help her along.

Posted March 25, 2011
I currently have 2 kids attending Patterson and 2 more who are future Coyotes. I absolutely love this school and do not feel like they give too much homework at all. My kids are generally done in less than 30 minutes unless they dilly dally, do it wrong and have to re-do it. Then it can take hours but that is not the schools fault whatsoever. I love all the teachers who have taught my kids so far (with the exception of one but I cannot hold the school accountable for one bad seed) and have volunteered numerous times w/in the classroom or events. I highly recommend this school to anyone thinking about sending their kids here. Seems to me that the parents who whine about too much homework probably rub off on their kids. A little hard work never hurt anybody. When you are in the corporate world you cannot go to your boss and whine about too much work. That's why so many have such a poor work ethic.

Patterson Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2011
My daughter went to Patterson from K-3, while my son went to this and two other schools; they are both currently attending another school in a different school district. My daughter is very academic; my son (3 years younger) has issues with his speech and has been in the school system for 1 year less than his sister. I have worked in the school system as a volunteer for many years, my family has made their career as the same. IMHO - I feel that Patterson is lacking in their curriculum from reading to math to extra curricular activities. Homework is heavy. The teachers complain of the burden to the number of children they contain in a class. The school has issues with how they spend their funding dollars such as printer paper drives. I have had issues with the administration and how they decide to deal with situations. Given my experience, I would highly recommend that if the resource is present, to find your child's education and love for learning elsewhere.

Posted November 11, 2009

Patterson Elementary School 2

Posted September 22, 2009

Patterson Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2009

Patterson Elementary School 0

Posted January 21, 2009
I would agree with the other person who mentions too much homework at Patterson, although that can be a benefit in the long run, I would love to see the teachers that I have experienced be more creative in their teaching to appeal to all learning styles. My child has so much more homework then his friends from other schools. I always try to look for the positive so I hope it will only benefit my child and not lessen their excitement to learn. The principal is great! Mr C is very caring about the students so I feel I can go to him if I get no where with the teacher as long as we always have solutions to the problem. It takes a villiage to raise our children.

Patterson Elementary School 3

Posted December 17, 2008

Patterson Elementary School
615 S. Cheshire, Mesa, AZ  85208
Last modified Patterson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patterson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top