Eagleridge Enrichment Program

Public | K-9 & ungraded

Posted September 17, 2013

I actually wrote the first review dated August 29, 2013. I received an email from Great Schools about new reviews being left about Eagleridge so I clicked on it out of curiosity. I saw that the most recent reviewer suspected that my review was written by an employee. I'm sorry that the reviewer didn't enjoy their experience but I don't think it's fair to discount ours. To dispel any suspicion I am leaving this follow-up and will leave my name for credibility purposes. I stand by what I wrote in that recent review. I have two children who attend the school and I am not an employee . My daughter has Mrs. V for first grade and she is amazing. My son has 4 different teachers and we are happy with them as well. -Amber Velasquez

Posted September 17, 2013

I didn't like this school either. Funny how they had to get a new principal. I have a feeling the last two reviews were written by an employee or something. I didn't feel some of the teachers were approachable enough, (only on meet the teacher night) but everyone has different experiences. This school needs some upgrades.

Posted August 29, 2013

This program is a wonderful opportunity for homeschoolers! Here, homeschoolers have the opportunity to learn in a typical school environment but without the other issues many tend to find in typical school settings. The program is well run by the top-notch administration and teachers. For those who expressed concerned below that they worry their child will fall behind in grades....that is not the fault of the program. When we as parents make the decision to homeschool, it is our responsibility to educate our children and ensure they meet the educational standards in this state. Please understand, this is an enrichment program designed to support us, not replace what we teach at home. My kids learn a lot here and they are incredibly happy. They also have an entire curriculum room available to us where we can check out materials to use at home. Any concern we've had, has been quickly addressed. Not only does the administration appreciate feedback, they seek it out from families. They are constantly working to make improvements and meet the needs of the families who attend.

Posted August 12, 2013

Not sure if I'm going to keep my child here. Since its not a regular elementary school, I feel a bit insecure. The bathroom for the little ones is old and I saw ants in the water fountain. They let them play outside in the playground where there's lots of sand so the kids shoes get sand inside really bad. I feel my child will fall behind with the grades compared with the other schools, even though you have to provide a lot of homeschooling plus time & effort on your part.

Posted August 5, 2013

My kids' school is Eagleridge and they are amazing. They really do care for their students and are very involved with informing the parents.

Posted January 24, 2012

I am very satisfied with Eagleridge. I don't put a lot of faith in any public school system but for what they offer which is supplementing our homeschooling, it works. My child's teacher has always been supportive, cooperative, and has a energetic personality. The other children are very kind along with their parents. I look forward to enrolling my other child next year as well.

Posted December 14, 2011

The principal of this school is quick to judge parents. Once she determines a parent's voice is irrelevant, nothing that parent says and none of that parent's concerns will be addressed. Emails and letters are not responded to, and concerns are just conveniently swept under the rug. It's really ashame. I'm waiting for a change in leadership at this school before I'll send my children back to this Enrichment Program. I really wish more schools offered this option for homeschoolers.

Posted October 27, 2011

The online program is low quality with glitches. Some of the lessons are mind-boggling and psychological, which set one up to fail. The parent resource room lacks materials. Some of the staff are unfriendly ,and lacks communication regarding questions about online issues with program. Not impressed with the program. No star(s).

Posted January 4, 2011

I have 4 children that have attended Eagleridge. They very much enjoyed their classes and friendships there. The teachers have been creative, kind, and warm toward my children. I appreciate the directors support of the evening performances and other extra activities. We appreciate the physical education, science, theater, music, chess, literature, & Spanish classes especially. This is the perfect enrichment proram for our homeschooling family. Thank you.

Posted October 13, 2009

I being a stupent of 3 years at this school loved it. It is a great learning enviroment and all the teachers and kids are very friendly.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 23, 2009

Why aren't there more programs like this? This is a great place for homeschoolers to get social interaction and enrichment activities. It is assumed that the students of this school are learning the hard core subjects at home, of course. You can't expect them to be able to teach in 1 or 2 days a week what parents of homeschoolers should be teaching every day.

Posted March 21, 2009

I really did not like this school. School leadership is very low. This school is mostly populated by people who are conservative and christian, and when ever mentioned, different beliefs are descriminated against by some of the other students in the school, The teachers made no action to stop this exclusion, which made it hard for me to feel comfortable. I had a bad experience there and I'm so glad that I go to a different school now. Some teachers are ignorant of the topics in which they teach. Lastly, no actual 'curriculum' is provided at this school. In my opinion, this school does not help anyone prepare for college.

Posted April 9, 2008

This is a great way for homeschoolers to get the things they can't get at home without parents having to shell out tons of money for lessons and groups. My son gets to be in the band and theater class and I can sneak classes into his schedule on logic and problem solving, history, math, and grammar without him realizing it. Every semester there are new classes to challange and new programs to try.

Posted January 2, 2008

Perfect way for home schoolers to gain social skills, meet new friends and add to what I am teaching at home. The classes are fun and the teachers are awesome!

Posted December 31, 2007

I attended Eagleridge for 4 years. All were wonderful. It provided me with classes and experiences that I woud not have had with homeschooling alone. I also went to 9th grade (as part as the 4 years) there, and the curriculum was great. I felt well-prepared for whatever might come next. I truly enjoyed my time at Eagleridge!
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 6, 2007

This enrichment program is a great addition to our homeschooling. Our sons have been here for five and four years each. Eagleridge is what your children and family make it. This is a place where your children can have opportunities to work with other students across different age groups to problem solve, put on plays, play in the band, and work on projects. Both of our sons have loved their classes and classmates. Only one of our sons had only a issue with another student which was solved in a respectable manner a few years back.

Posted December 5, 2007

I am so pleased with Eagleridge. It is a supplement to my homeschooling. My children have found life-long friends that are also homeschooled. They have had extra experiences that I am not able to give them (namely spanish, fun and hands-on science experiements, computers, music, pe, even help with math.) Overall I would reccomend this school to anyone homeschooling.

Posted December 4, 2007

This is my son's second year at Eagleridge and he absolutely loves it, as do all of his friends. We had previously sent him to one of the better 'regular' public schools, but the experience was so bad that we decided to homeschool him. Eagleridge has been so good that he actually likes school now! The teachers and principal are all first-rate and are able to handle problems very well. On the only occasion that my son did suffer some problems due to another child, the teachers handled the situation well and in a very considerate manner much better than the way things were handled at his previous school! I especially appreciate that the school is designed to complement your homeschooling, not to replace it. Being able to choose which subjects to study and what schedule to use is very helpful. I can't recommend this school highly enough.

Posted November 29, 2007

This school provided my child with an extremely negative experience. The teacher and principal were unwilling to address issues with a disruptive student leading to misery for my child. I do not recommend this school to any home school parent. I have removed my child from the school in response to my dissatisfaction with the overall environment.

Posted December 27, 2006

I attended Eagleridge from 4th until 8th grade (I am now a Junior at a public high school) and it was a great experience. I was able to build relationships and share ideas with other homeschoolers. I made many great friends while attending Eagleridge and loved the staff. I felt they truly cared. Eagleridge has many resources for homeschoolers and provides it's students with activities we'd otherwise miss out on as homeschoolers. I would definately recommend this school to anyone.
—Submitted by a former student

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

11 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

11 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 15%N/A47%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1313 W. Medina