K-6 & Ungraded
Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Posted March 06, 2014
My son has been in kindergarten (K-2 class) this school year. It is a wonderful school. I get lots of communication from the teachers. Field trips and theater keep the kids excited about the school. My son is reading some 1st grade readers with half the school year left to go. Manners and character are important to the teachers, you will get an e-mail or invitation for a conference if your child needs some extra attention. Lovely!

Posted October 25, 2011
I'm so glad that I found this charter school. My daughter has learned more in the two months that she has been attending EVA, than she ever did in the two years that she attended public school here. They have a tougher grading scale and work with each child at the child's level so that if they excel, they encourage it and push them even further. The "one class" for all learning environment encourages this as well. Thank you East Valley Academy!

Posted August 12, 2011
My daughter has been attending East Valley Academy for the past 2 years and has definitely exhibited great strides in reading, math, social studies and the sciences. The teachers certainly have the best academic interests of their students in mind at all times and go above and beyond to promote a culture of learning that far surpasses surrounding schools. This is true not only for her, but her other relatives who have attended East Valley Academy. I highly recommend this school to everyone!

Posted August 01, 2011
I moved my son to the school last year. He was not doing good in the public school system, but they kept moving him through. He has made more progress at East Valley in one year than he did in 5 years at the puplic schools. I wish I would have started him here in kindergarten. Waiting is my only regret.

Posted April 16, 2009
My daughter is about to complete her second year at EVA. She started there as a Kindergartener and was reading at 2nd grade level by the end of that school year. She had also learned addition and subtraction, and even some basic multiplication. As a first grader, she is reading at 3rd grade level, learning extensive vocabulary, and is continuing building her solid foundation in math skills. These teachers are incredible; what she is learning is leagues above the public school education of other children we know.

East Valley Academy 0

Posted May 01, 2008
The East Valley Academy is located near my home and continued efforts at calling the school have met with a recorded voicemail. The mission of this school is clear; the students are not disciplined but rather are outside screaming every day in complete chaos, climbing in the trees and peeping into other homeowner s yards. I am extremely dissatisfied with this school, it s location and the apparent lack of leadership shown to date and will be continuing my efforts at a viable solution this problem.

Posted September 21, 2005
My kids are currently attending East Valley Academy. I am very impressed with the amount of learning they are achieving. I love the small class size and personalized learning curriculum they have provided for my children.

East Valley Academy 4

Posted July 22, 2005

Posted January 03, 2005

Posted August 10, 2003
My child has been a student of East Valley Academy for 2 years and now my other child is starting there this year (2003-2004). I would not put my children in the public school system after witnessing how well my child has done in this school. It is like the old one-room school house idea where they are taught the basics again and the public schools are lacking. They still have music and art appreciation as extras besides the basics of math, english, history and they learn geography. My child has reminded me of things that I had forgotten about from my years in the private schools. I definitely recommend this school to others who are looking for their child to really learn.

East Valley Academy