Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I don't usually write reviews but I am compelled to after my experiences with this school. Let's start with the year 2015.I won't give away the identity of my child so I will be referring to my child as Daughter/Son and vice versa. My son/daughter was in P.E. one day and asked the P.E. teacher not to participate due to a pain in the leg. According to my daughter/son, the P.E. teacher said in these words, "Is that your excuse for not wanting to participate in P.E.? Now mind you, I had no idea this had happened until later in the day when I took my Son/Daughter to the store. He/She complained that his/her leg was hurting. I asked many questions and my daughter/son stated that the pain started earlier in school. After many questions, I learned that my Son/Daughter was forced to participate in P.E. with a hurt leg. Mind you, my Son/Daughter is very athletic,and he/she was forced to participate in P.E. I was appalled when I learned that instead of sending my child to the nurse, he/she was criticized for not participating. I immediately called the office to notify them of what has happened.I told them that " I wished to remain anonymous as to not bring retaliation on my son/daughter. " The office staff told me over the phone that they could not assist me unless they knew my name and my child's name. My goal was to bring to their attention that malpractice was being conducted. They told me that nothing could be done unless I gave up my name and my child's name. I refused in fear of retaliation against my Daughter/Son as any loving parent would. I also told them that this problem would not go away until resolved properly. The office lady on the phone finally changed her tune and said that she would notify the principle. I made the mistake of accepting her word as I did not want any trouble....How unprofessional of a school or anyone to handle a situation in this manner. If my child had a broken leg bone, and had continued on in P.E. , there would be a lawsuit against Falcon Hill. Luckily for them, that did not happen. But jeez, if a child that loves sports is hurt, there should be an option for them to see the nurse instead of being forced to play hurt. Negative stars for the way that P.E. teacher and office lady handled the situation. Absolutely unprofessional!!!! Lawyers will be involved next time.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Ms. Thompson in 3rd grade was passionate and legit. Everyone else I've come across, is a negative. They should be ashamed to call themselves teachers. There is nothing being taught. Rather they are going through the motions for a paycheck.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

No homework is given to children during the holiday breaks ( makes it easier on the teacher when he/she comes back from break-doesn't have to worry about grading papers I guess??) Pathetic...Weekly homework packets can be done in one day within maybe 2-3 hours for the normal child. There is no challenge. Rather a simple follow-the-guidelines type of approach. This is not a school. Its a business that follows the bare minimum principles of "Do your 8, hit the gate." Oh wait, school hours are also even SHORTER this year. So never mind the "8".

Love the Principal, Dr. Cannon, Third grade teachers, Resource teachers, and staff. Always a pleasant experience. My daughter loves it and has flourished since moving here.

This is my 2nd yr of my child attending this school. I have to say, I am quite impressed! The teachers are so caring. The principal is the most involved I've ever seen a principal to be and the kids all love her! You can tell the children in this school are being cared for by the joy in their faces going in and coming out of school! My son loves it and everyday looks forward to going. Their policies on bullying are also exceptional. Couple of minor incidents that were nipped in the bud immediately. The teachers welcome communication and participation from parents! Love this school!

This is my 8th year as a parent at Falcon Hill elementary and during that time i have recommended this school to a number of people. But in the past year i feel like I'm back in high school. Drama,drama,drama. The teachers are great but the PTO whom have taken over the school have made it unbearable. The school isn't about the students anymore. its about competioin between parents.and the children are suffering. ther are no consequences for the inappropriate behaviors witnessed of the staff.

Not only do the teachers truly care about their students, it is like one big extended family! If one family is in need, everyone(teachers, parents & students) to help that family if at all possible. Falcon Hill has 'created' some amazing students who will go on to do great things in life.

I love Falcon Hill School because I taught there for 16 years before I retired, and I can tell you that the entire staff works hard to give the kids there a quality education.

Falcon Hill has a Principal in Dr. Taylor-David who really cares and her Leadership shows from the top down. I have met with her on several occasions about serious personal concerns for my children and she takes the time and energey to see to it that things are done properly and a Father can have piece of mind about his childrens educational experience.

Amazing so far. K class has low number of students, plus a full time aid!! Students are valued, parents are encouraged to participate and so far I am thrilled my daughter is attending here!

Last modified Falcon Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.