Posted July 30, 2013
Love this school!! Teachers, parents and administration involvement is top class and have their best interest at heart for children to succeed!! My kids absolutely love the school. My son went there from k-6 no problems and excellent grades!!! I have another son that is going to start 4th grade and my daughter starting 2nd grade this year. They have also excellent grades and as long as they continue to grow and improve than other children their age who do not attend Franklin East I will continue to send my other children there.

Posted May 14, 2012
This is without doubt one of the best schools in Mesa, the 1 Star Haters who's kids couldn't hack it are obviously not helping their kids. Yes the curriculum is tough and it requires a great deal of parental involvement for the kids to be successful. No - a child with learning difficulties is not going to keep up here, so if your kid struggles at a normal paced district school - probably not a good idea to move them into Franklin. If my 4th Grader wasn't a Straight A Student and had struggled - I'd obviously be writing a different review, but she thrives here and there's no district school that can even compare.

Posted January 04, 2012
Let me start out by saying I attented Franklin East, my neices and nephews went there, my friends have children that go there and I absolutely love their curriculum. However, I am giving this school one star simply for the fact that the new principle is terrible. She handled a situation so badly my husband and I were required to get a lawyer to keep our son out of harms way. When we brought this to her attention she wouldn't speak to us, instead she contacted her own lawyer and had us talk to him. This proved to me that she knew she had taken the wrong action and was trying to cover her own tail. She lacks the same attitude of responsibility that the school teaches the children. Now after talking to other parents and to a former PTO president I have found that she is less than desirable in many parents eyes and that I am not the first to withdraw my child from Franklin because of her actions. Please be mindful of this as you research Franklin and be careful if you send your children there. I would hate for another family to go through the heartache we did.

Posted October 07, 2011
Now that we have seen the difference this school has made for our children we won't move out of the area! A proven curriculum and stellar music program has given my children advantages that I didn't have growing up. And Thank You, Franklin East for still having 2 half day class options for Kindergarteners!!

Posted September 09, 2011
My 5 yr old enrolled Franklin East, I enrolled her another school after 3wks. Rooms overcrowded, teacher seemed caring first week. Children are not permitted to use the restroom, lack of guidance for kindergarten no assistance in cafeteria. My child became afraid of the Teacher, she was afraid to talk or ask question. School is very regimented no individuality of children. Mrs W. greeted me as I was dropping off my child for school 3rd week, she told me in front of my daughter and classmates, she didnt think , my child should remain in her class! Seems my little girl cried the previous day. No concern as to what made her cry. My daughter does not cry easily. Was she being denied the use of the bathroom. This was very unprofessional on the part of the teacher. I enrolled my child in a Montessori school the following day. She came home with a huge smile and gave me a hug thanked me said she loved her new school! Stay away from this place may have been good at one time not anymore.

Franklin Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2011
Love this school but not the principle. Not sure if it's her reputation or the schools(probably both) that she doesn't want tarnished but when it comes to bullying issues or anything negative she doesnt/didn't do anything about it. Academically I really like this school and will continue to send my other children there. If any issues ever come up again I will take it to a higher level than the principle.

Posted July 17, 2011
Wonderful school! Teacher, parent and administration involvement is top class! My kids absolutely love the school.

Posted April 13, 2011
2 of my children have attended Franklin East, ages 5 and 9. My 5 year old attended full time kindergarten this year, and my 9 year old is on his third year at Franklin, currently in grade 3. I have moved my 5 yr old to another school already (mid-year, not ideal) and my 9 year old will be attending a different school next year as well. I consider myself to see both sides of the story before making judgments, but situation after situation, is has become very clear to me this school, particularly the Principal Ms Carpenter, does not have their best interest at heart; honestly, I'm not even sure she has a heart. My 5 year old was made to feel like a failure and he could do no right. The teachers changed at least 3 times while he attended. Without consistency, how can they expect the children to be perfectly behaved? My 9 year old was recently suspended for calling another boy in his grade a girl. Reprimand him, yes, suspend him, NO. If the behavior continues, yes, there is a problem, but it was a one-time occurrence. Again, I cannot say enough negative things about this school. Tears have been shed and beyond frustration experienced. No stars for this school!

Posted October 12, 2010
My son has benefited greatly from attending Franklin East. He is in first grade now, and he is far more advanced than other children his age who do not attend Franklin.

Posted April 28, 2010
This school does NOT help children (or their parents) who are struggling academically. I've been told to take my daughter to a neighborhood school by her last 2 teachers & both have NOT tried to help her in any way, nor have they tried to help me help her. I am enrolling her in another MPS next year (by the request of my daughter) & had to have that school call Franklin because they gave me a hard time about the 'policies & procedures' of doing that. Sad to say talking to other parents of struggling children & old teachers from Franklin it is all too common for this situation. I am deeply saddened by this since my oldest had attended Franklin from K-6 with no problems at all & we loved the school. It's just not the same any more:(

Franklin Elementary School
1753 East 8th Ave, Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top