Mesa, AZ

Posted June 05, 2012
Thank you to all the school staff, especially Ms. Holder for the knowledge That got my son Daniel Koltsov. Marina

Posted September 09, 2011
Franklin is the best school in Arizona. The teachers are very kind and they are always available to talk . My daughter was being bullied and within hours they had the situation under control. The classrooms are small, but I like only have 2 classes per grade. This enables the teacher/student ratio to be met. I get to volunteer and have hands on with my child education.Every staff members knows my kids name and even mine. The staff is always friendly and helpful. My kids are two reading and math grades ahead of other children in the same grade. I might not always agree with some of the rules or issues, but I know this school only sets these rules for the overall well being for everyone. They do not provide ESL classes or have a counselor. I like the fact that my kids learning is not be hinder by only Spanish/French speaking students. The school also provides free after school tutoring for those students who need extra help. I could write all day long on how wonderful this school is, but they only give you so many characters.

Posted August 28, 2011
I have to agree with the other one star review. Franklin was highly recommended. I was surprised to see the over crowded classroom, kindergarten children crammed into small classroom, sitting all day not allowed to talk, no bathroom breaks, cafeteria they are left on their own without supervision. Teacher takes no time for individual time with kids to get to know them. It is regimented military style not a happy experience so far.

Posted May 06, 2011
I love Franklin South. The teachers we have had have all been excellent, caring instructors. They do have large classrooms, but with lots of parent involvement and with wonderful aides, the kids are taken care of. I do not love the dress code, come on we live in the Valley of the Sun. But all in all, I like the smaller campus and the fact that there are only 2 classes per grade. Its not easy, but its time we try to challenge our kids again.

Posted January 11, 2011
It was rather interesting to read the comment from Sept 2010 and wonder which disgruntled kindergarten parent wrote that. Yes Spaudling is a very structured teaching method and that is explained when the parent has the initial orientation. Franklins are not for everyone- and parents have to be actively involved- that is just the way it works. This is a place of learning not a day care. If you want to go to "our" school you have to play by "our" rules.

Posted September 28, 2010
If your child is a Mormon Robot...they will thrive here, however if your child is not, then good luck. There is no such thing as individuality here. They want children to sit the same, look the same, write the same, & act the same. There are so many students per classroom, its no wonder they don't believe in "one on one time"...couldn't do it if they tried! They allow 5 year olds to walk around campus alone, they allow anyone to walk onto campus & up to classrooms, & the teachers are so worried about keeping their scores up that they don't take time to appreciate & really get to know the students. If a child has ADD or ADHD, be prepared because they don't work with children like that...they are harsh & unfair with them. Its horrible to see, especially when its your 5 year old. AWFUL .

Franklin South 0

Posted April 25, 2010
I am thrilled that I transferred my children here. They love their teachers and are being challenged more than before. They are more happy at school and more eager to learn. We love Franklin South!

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted November 19, 2009

Franklin South 0

Posted November 04, 2009
I love Franklin South. We are like a family. Then Staff is awesome and everyone is made to feel important.

Franklin South