Bad
Good

Great school. Staff is wonderful and friendly. It's a smaller school so we became familiar with other Franklin families fairly quick. If your child is starting out with preschool background they should do well here. However, I have also seen students with no previous preschool background excell because of the support from teachers and their families. So far I've had one incident where another student started trouble with my Kindergarten child, we notified the principle and the situation was handled professionally and quickly. I gave a four star rating because 1) I wish there were more extracurricular activities available 2) I wish that the class work would challenge students who do above grade average work. But overall, the experience has been a pleasant one. ~A Franklin parent.

I attended this school when I was younger, so I knew my children would go there as well. My oldest just started Kindergarten this year and I am beyond impressed with the teachers and the rest of the staff. My daughter loves it here and even tries to stay home when she's sick! They are a back to basics school and the children generally learn a grade above where they are (in Kinder they learn 1st grade material for example) It is wonderful and it keeps my daughter challenged. Not to the point of frustration, but so she doesn't become disinterested or bored. I have noticed that the teachers are wonderful about taking extra time with students that may be struggling and they are always happy to answer any questions or concerns I may have.

Franklin West Elementary uses an excellent Spalding reading system; however, after 4 years I have removed my student due to the intolerable campus environment which is EXCLUSIVE, HOSTILE, PUNITIVE and ABUSIVE.

My son has been attending FW for 2 years now. I was a little concerned with the Spalding method of learning to read at first, but still chose this school because they still have the option of half-a-day kinder, which I wanted. He is excelling in all areas. No matter where in Mesa we end up, my kids will be attending this school.

I love to see the smiles on the teacher's & students faces as they begin the day. The teachers have clear expectation for their students behavior and the students respond well to that. I love that citizenship and a love for our country's foundng fathers is taught. The core american values that made this nation great is being installed in the next generation who will defend our liberty as a free nation. Thank you Franklin West for this great service.

It amazes me what my children can do with the help of caring teachers who encourage and push them towards excellence. Thank you to all the teachers and staff at Franklin West.

I love everything about Franklin West. They have great teachers who truly care about each child. Their curriculum is superb and I love that they teach the Spalding method. Parents are very involved and the children are respectful kids who love learning. Their expectations are high and the kids always rise to meet them.

Great professional teachers, supportive parents, strong curriculum,Spalding Language Arts Program, high and consistent expectations, years of intense work spent on building community and traditions!

Started my oldest child at the neighborhood school. He spent the whole year learning the letters of the alphabet which he knew before he started. They didn't start him reading until 1st grade. Moved him to Franklin for 2nd grade and though he was a top student at his previous school he had to attend tutoring to catch up. My other three children I started here at Franklin and they began reading within the first few weeks of school. They have a very high standard of excellence and I feel that they are getting a better education than at our neighborhood school. They have learned good study habits and I don't have to fight them to do homework. The teacher/parent communication is great and it feels like family.

The PTO is very organized and they do wonderful things. The parents are very involved, and that makes the kids do better in school and have a better experience.

Last modified Franklin West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.