Bad
Good

It is a great school with mostly great teachers and staff but just be carful about the students there not always nice but almost a lot of the time nice. Just make sure to always have a positive attitude and always be nice to people because if you think there one thing there actually another. So always try your best , practice to success and make it a great day falcons!

There are several things both good and bad about this school. One of the best qualities I would say would be the excellent teachers. As a student in the 7th grade I love almost every one of my honors teachers (some exceptions) and I feel as if most of them are concerned about my future and want to see me do good with my education. Another fantastic quality are the wide range of unique courses. I'm taking Project Lead the Way personally as well as attending the STEAM program and it is cool to have so many technologically, career focused courses to take. One of the worse qualities would be the lack of organization and communication with afterschool clubs. It is presented as if there are dozens of clubs for you to join, but the most I've ever actually heard about is 2. Many kids also do the standard of "claiming" lunch tables, intimidating people, etc. Luckily I have a group of friends that I hang out with but if your kid is generally a loner or doesn't have many friends at the same school he/she might be singled out and will feel like an outsider. Also, constant cussing, sexual remarks, roughousing, etc. I'm used to it but if your kid is kind of "sheltered" just be warned of that.

I attended this school in the 90's and my daughter is in 8th grade. The school may still look the same, but that's where the similarities end. I don't know if it's because Smith Jr High opened or if it's that they sent the 9th graders to Red Mountain, but this school is now amazing! I'm jealous that I did not receive the education my daughter is currently getting and I was in the AP classes! The programs available here are challenging, STEM and Project Lead the Way is opening so many doors for my child. UTILIZE the open-enrollment and get your kids here.

I'm currently attending Fremont Junior High as an eighth grade student. It's ridiculous, to say the very least. Staff: The staff there is rude and VERY bad at doing their job. They are snide and quick with put-downs, which is the very thing the school goes against. And for the few who are actually nice, they don't know what they're doing! Counselors: I'd have to say, one of the worst traits about this school. My current counselor is very, very rushing and doesn't like to listen to problems (which is part of their job). She won't hesitate to address your issues later, even if they're an emergency. Teachers: Honestly, the only nice thing about this school. The teachers are very nice and helping... They're the only reason I'm giving an extra star. Organization: The organization is pitiful. The very first MONTH there half of the schedules weren't completed, and the bus schedules were given out four days before school started (along with route times, etc). After-School Activities: There are few... About 20 clubs are /supposedly/ there, and yet I only hear about three on the announcements. Summary: I won't hesitate to say Fremont is easily the worst school I've attended, period.

I went to Fremont for my 7th grade year and I hated it. I felt that the girls at this school were clique-ish and mean. I felt that some of the teachers didn't give it there all to try and prepare us for the future and that education wasn't a priority with ANYONE. There was very little control and drugs/alcohol was a major issue. I didn't feel safe there by any means and transfered out at the first chance I got. I came home from school crying everyday and I hated it there. This was definattely the worst of my school years.

This school like all schools has good and bad, but as a teacher I brought my children to this school and it has prepared them wel for high school and life. A coat of paint would be nice, but we teach that we should judge by the contents not the cover. If you want a school to challenge your child then this is one of the best in Mesa, if you want easy with no challenge then this is not for you. Those who bad mouth Fremont for its 1970s reputation have not taken a second look at the school as it has moved so far beyond that when it was an outlying school taking kids from a 200 square mile area who came from top class homes all the way to kids who lived in drainage ditches. Fremont rocks.

well iem going to this school frist i thought it wasent cool but that eas from the outside. wheni got to meet the teashers i thought that it eas cool that iem going to be there.

Fremont is an amazing school. Sure its old and run down, but the students are always inspired. The teachers are the best i have ever encountered. They help you in every possible way and the learning enviornment is comfortable. I have made so many amazing friends and have so many positve memories. As a proud student I love Fremont!!

I love Fremont, it is challenging enough, and fun at the same time. One of the hardest classes though is 7th grade ELP History. But the teacher is the best ever had. People who complain how bad the students are, it doesnt effect you as long you dont hang out with them. I love fremont and if i had to go to another JR high. I would cry.

I love attending Fremont!!! The teachers are helpful and easy to talk to and the school spirit is always present. I'm in student council and we have lots of fun things for the school and helpful, learning experiences.

Last modified Fremont Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.