Bad
Good

Good Earth My son is in kindergarten and he has regressed since attending this school. The teacher is overwhelmed and needs a full time aide. The students are all crammed inside a small living room size space. When I observed, there was nothing but unstructured chaos. I rarely get samples of his writing or art. He used to be able to write entire alphabet, read sight words, and phonetically say his letter sounds. Since he's attended this school he has not been practicing these kindergarten readiness activities and I'm disappointed and do not think he is ready for first grade. Even though the staff is overwhelmed they are still kind teachers.

Good for younger children, Bad for any child in 3rd grade and beyond... I believe that the learning was stunted , and now after changing schools my child is struggling and may be held back a year.. do not keep your child in this school longer that 3rd grade

Great little hippy school. I love it. Everyone is nice and has the children in mind. They have make a lunch where the kids get to cook. Lots of fund raisers... I feel bad not doing those but I m not one for selling or participating.

GEM is a very special school with a loving and caring staff. Their concern over safety, health, and the child's welfare is paramount. The educational environment is wonderful, and the parent education nights provide insight to the great works our children learn. My children have been there for 2 yrs now and are happy and thriving, growing independant and responsible. Special needs for behavior, health and education are all met with special care. The down sides: too many fund raisers, not enough extra-school activities for after-school, and with the exception of a few very dedicated parents, a lack of parent involvement. Those who are involved are very involved, and it's a family environment. We love it.

This is a wonderful high quality AMI Montessori School. They have been around for a long time and the teachers are awesome. I would recommend this school to anyone.

I love working at GEM!! The Director has created a harmonious, peaceful environment for students as well as staff. She provides encouragement and support to staff, which allows us to fulfill our duties with peace of mind that if we ever have an issue, her door is always open! All of the Teachers are highly educated and dedicated to each and every student. GEM Charter has an amazing dedication to the environment, promoting recycling, composting and E-Newsletters. GEM also requests only healthy, wholesome foods be consumed during school hours, to ensure every child is provided the proper "fuel" to learn to their full potential! I am proud to be a part of the GEM Charter Family!

We have been a GEM family for 4 years now and we love it! Our son has learned, grown and blossomed under the guidance of the loving staff at GEM. I volunteer often and am always impressed with the behavior of the staff and students. My son loves his teachers and is excited about school. I tend children in my home who attend the public elementary and there is no way I would ever switch. The door to the office is always open and I have always felt free to talk to the staff. We are truly blessed to be a part of the GEM family and I would recommend this school to anyone.

My children have been attending this school for numerous years and we have loved it. The Teachers are wonderful and the administration is available all day to adress any concerns. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a quality Montessori education and a caring environment.

Like so many other parents, I have serious concerns about this school. I have since taken my children out the program. I wish I had time/space to adequately express our experience. To give you some idea: my otherwise independant child would cry EVERY morning not to go; my child received a head injury I was never told about by the staff; one day I saw my child notice the director approaching and try to squeeze himself between a file cabinet and the wall to avoid her. Every attempt to initiate dialogue with the director was dismissed or blame was directed at me for interfering. I have serious concerns about what goes on in that school. The energy is very hostile.

My children have been attending GEM for 4 yrs and started out ok. They have spiraled downward rapidly and have equipped classrooms with venomous staff. Montessori is supposed to be encouraging and about working with the student to bring out their best abilities. This school is severely lacking positive reinforcement! My 5 yr old sat out more recesses than I can count and was also asked to complete art projects only to be thrown away by his teacher while she forced him to watch. This school is money hungry, asking constantly for donations but never showing where the funds go. They never even send home news letters or calenders. Their car line is dangerous and very time consuming and the office staff are rude and careless.

Last modified Gem Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.