Public charter
Mesa, AZ
After care: No

Pathfinder Academy 3

Posted August 12, 2014
I have to say, although the people on here seem to all think Pathfinder is wonderful, that was not our experience. We found it far too small for our son to grow socially. He is a very intelligent young man and does very well academically, but he did not flourish socially because this charter school is so small. He and my daughter have both been to other charter schools in the past and we found that the teaching methods at this one were neither unique nor exceptional although the teachers and principal are very nice.

Posted November 18, 2013
Moving my children to Pathfinder was one of the best decisions. I love the emphasis on the country. I love the emphasis on memorization and reading. With book reports and 30 spelling words a week, my children still get good grades with minimal home work despite haVing every Friday off. It is quite impressive and to top it off Pathfinder scored third in the state for AIMs testing. You cannot beat that kind of results and it resonates with my kids and their friends, which is One of the best byproducts of the school, are the great friends. Thank goodness Arizona allows us to choose a charter school versus public.

Posted November 04, 2013
I don't think I can say enough wonderful things about this school. This is our first year at Pathfinder and my children love it. They love going to school every day, and they love that it is only four days a week. I love that I spend Fridays doing things with my children that I think would be beneficial to them. I love the small classroom sizes which makes for more one on one with the teacher. I will definitely be back next year!

Posted October 31, 2013
This school is wonderful and fun place to learn.I am a graduate from pathfinder academy,the principle hand picks the teachers and is a great leader,the teachers there are wonderful teachers and know ho to have fun.But best of all they have the 3rd highest aims scores in the state! So if your planning to go to a new school try pathfinder!

Posted October 30, 2013
We chose this small non-traditional school after Mendoza didn't work out well for our son. He is very smart, but doesn't focus in school because it's not important to him. The Pathfinder staff holds him accountable (give up recess to work on homework not turned in), gives him incentives (shop at Mrs. Packham's school store with "bucks" earned for work completed, extra work at home, etc), moves his desk often (to where he'd least like to be and so the kids don't get so friendly that they don't work). Communication by text reminders for assignments due, flyers for the month ahead, quarterly parent meetings (or more often as requested). They play tag, flag football, and dodge-ball. There are contests where there are 1st-3d prizes (no award just for being there). Children are encouraged to work out their own conflicts, though they are few and far between. It seems that since there are no busses, no lunches provided, and no school on Fridays that all the parents that have kids there do it because the kids come first and it shows. I haven't heard of any bullying. There are some combined classrooms this year. It seems to provide an opportunity for mentoring, reinforcement, foreshadowing.

Posted October 30, 2013
This school has been incredible for my kids! I have four and we started attending Pathfinder 10 years ago. Susan Stradling is a brilliant story teller as she shares and teaches the children the concepts and lessons of the day. She hand selects the teachers that will teach with the same degree of passion and responsibility that she teaches with. The teachers at Pathfinder on more than one occasion have worked with each of my children on an individual basis to ensure that they don't fall behind, whether it was in math, reading or spelling, they have always taken the time to ensure each child was taken care of. One of my children no longer attends Pathfinder because he is now in high school. But, because of the impact Susan had on him, fostering in him a strong love for history, the constitution and this countries founders, he now desires to become a constitutional lawyer, or author books telling the rich stories of our founders! I am forever grateful I found this little diamond in the rough, Pathfinder.

Posted October 29, 2013
This is our 2nd year at Pathfinder. I have only wonderful things to say about this school. I love that it's a more personal setting and it's easy to get to know everyone who works with the kids throughout the day. It is about 15 minutes from where I live and well worth the drive (about 1 hr a day) to know that I am leaving my child(ren) in capable and trusted hands. My son has loved his first 2 years here and still looks forward to each day. I look forward to having a second child start at Pathfinder next year. My niece attended Pathfinder for a few years in her teen years and she (as well as her parents) also has nothing but respect and admiration for the staff and the school.

Posted October 27, 2013
This is our daughters first year at Pathfinder Academy. She loves it, we love it. We are amazed at the things she comes home and tells us about what she is learning. Her teacher, principal, PE coach and staff are all excellent. We look forward to many more years at this school.

Posted October 23, 2013
Pathfinder is the place to beat! I am so amazed at how they teach my children subjects that my two teenagers didnt learn till sophomore year! This school is so wonderful and I would not be surprised if this school is number one in the nation! Thank you pathfinder for giving my kids this great opportunity to be In your school!

Posted October 23, 2013
I couldn't be more happy with our experience at Pathfinder Academy! My kids have loved each of their teachers, who have instilled within them a love of learning and academic achievement. It's an environment that we feel is safe and healthy for our kids, has high standards, and is the best educational experience they can have next to a private school. My kids love it!

Pathfinder Academy
2542 N. 76th Place, Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Pathfinder Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pathfinder Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top