Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

the principal seems to have his best interest at heart and not the childrens .. seems to be on a power trip and I have witnessed him try to bully the parents from time to time

today while dropping my daughter off the principal was outside we were parked in front of the school where all parents drop off their children and as my daughter got out of the car , he grabbed her by her arm shoved her back in my car and told her she couldnt get out there .. Now usually I am the type of mom that would freak if you put your hands on my child and knock you out but I did it the adult way and called the district they agreed they were wrong but it seems this principal gets off easy all the time .. he is on a complete power trip and my daughter who is a very good student has been suspended for other kids actions since he took over .. one kid brought a lighter to school blamed my daughter .. they searched her stuff and found nothing .. they didnt investigate or have both girls confront the situation with parents present they just suspended her .. thats just poor tactics in my opinion.. He leaves a very sour taste in alot of peoples mouths

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The principal does not portray those qualities. He is a poor example to the students!

We were thankful the year ended after attending Harris. The principal failed to properly address a situation that involved a police report and only offered an apology after contacting the district. My child's teacher seemed more interested that her students could pronounce her name with a Spanish accent and failed to enter any grades until the day before report cards came out. The staff seems nervous to make a mistake in fear of the principals wrath. The atmosphere and environment feel tense. I'd walk my child up hill both ways in the snow barefoot before attending Harris another year!

Dedicated teachers and they are always working hard! I am very impressed with the 6th grade teachers. They seem to have the student's best interest and are always keeping me involved in my child's learning.

This school I had enough and will be placing my son in a new school. The front office staff is featherbrained, cant comprehend a simple task given to them. Ive called in to have my son in the font office because we have an appointment, we arrive five minutes later for them to ask why we are there, what for even though I had called. Along with it took them five more minuets for them to call to get him up the office. During a meeting just this Monday 3/10 the Principal decided he wanted to text and play with his phone. And we were discussing my sons education I was so furious to say the least. The school has a ton of pink eye breakouts, and strep throat, lice it feels like cess pool of germs. Ive sent my sons class room plenty of hand sanitizer and tissues. I understand kids are kids things get germs but threw out the whole year my other son has been in Val Vista Lakes Elementary not once has he come home with paper stating outbreaks or gotten sick. Yuck! I understand the buses are not apart of the school but we are getting tired waiting 25-30 minuets during the hot summer so late! They do not provide our buss route with air conditioned buss its Arizona ugh!

The Gilbert School District, in Gilbert AZ has made such a difference in my child's ability to learn. She is severly Dyslexic and is 4 years behind. AZ recognizes Dyslexia and it's related disabilities and complies with the identificationa and implimentation of the appropriate interventions. she is finally learning and I am so impressed..words can not say how greatful I am for their ethical and compassion to do the right thing....Dear Lord and Harris Elementary thank you, for giving my child what she needs

All three of my children attended Harris and they all had wonderful caring teachers. I would hihly reccomend Harris. Carrie Barno

The students do not receive consequences when appropriate. For example one student hurt another student and nothing happened to the student who caused it. But the teachers are wonderful and give their all to each student.

Last modified Harris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.