Mesa, AZ

Posted July 28, 2014
We were thankful the year ended after attending Harris. The principal failed to properly address a situation that involved a police report and only offered an apology after contacting the district. My child's teacher seemed more interested that her students could pronounce her name with a Spanish accent and failed to enter any grades until the day before report cards came out. The staff seems nervous to make a mistake in fear of the principals wrath. The atmosphere and environment feel tense. I'd walk my child up hill both ways in the snow barefoot before attending Harris another year!

Posted April 03, 2014
Dedicated teachers and they are always working hard! I am very impressed with the 6th grade teachers. They seem to have the student's best interest and are always keeping me involved in my child's learning.

Posted March 19, 2014
This school I had enough and will be placing my son in a new school. The front office staff is featherbrained, cant comprehend a simple task given to them. Ive called in to have my son in the font office because we have an appointment, we arrive five minutes later for them to ask why we are there, what for even though I had called. Along with it took them five more minuets for them to call to get him up the office. During a meeting just this Monday 3/10 the Principal decided he wanted to text and play with his phone. And we were discussing my sons education I was so furious to say the least. The school has a ton of pink eye breakouts, and strep throat, lice it feels like cess pool of germs. Ive sent my sons class room plenty of hand sanitizer and tissues. I understand kids are kids things get germs but threw out the whole year my other son has been in Val Vista Lakes Elementary not once has he come home with paper stating outbreaks or gotten sick. Yuck! I understand the buses are not apart of the school but we are getting tired waiting 25-30 minuets during the hot summer so late! They do not provide our buss route with air conditioned buss its Arizona ugh!

Harris Elementary School 0

Posted October 18, 2010
The Gilbert School District, in Gilbert AZ has made such a difference in my child's ability to learn. She is severly Dyslexic and is 4 years behind. AZ recognizes Dyslexia and it's related disabilities and complies with the identificationa and implimentation of the appropriate interventions. she is finally learning and I am so impressed..words can not say how greatful I am for their ethical and compassion to do the right thing....Dear Lord and Harris Elementary thank you, for giving my child what she needs

Harris Elementary School 0

Posted May 07, 2009
All three of my children attended Harris and they all had wonderful caring teachers. I would hihly reccomend Harris. Carrie Barno

Harris Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2009
The students do not receive consequences when appropriate. For example one student hurt another student and nothing happened to the student who caused it. But the teachers are wonderful and give their all to each student.

Posted December 22, 2007

Posted January 31, 2007

Harris Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2006

Posted February 03, 2006
- a former student

Harris Elementary School
1820 S. Harris Drive, Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified Harris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top